62. You may not vote on this poll
  • One and done in the higher tournament

43 69.35%
  • Win it all in the lower tournament

19 30.65%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you prefer

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Would you prefer

Always shoot for the NCAA! Always!!!!!!! A small fish in a bigger pond helps you to grow and become a bigger fish. The reason we went D1a in Football was to be in the bigger pond. Now, it may take steps of the other to do that, but that is the goal.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

1. One and done in the NCAA
    2. Win NIT
    3. Win CBI CIT NCIS.....whatever. It was still a joke to play in this. I for one am glad we did not win this thing. Had we won the CIT and hung a banner from the rafters......it would have been as embarassing as the blue footballs on popsicle sticks a several years back in the JOE.

I am not saying that as a joke either.....I AM GLAD WE DID NOT WIN THE CIT for the reason above.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Some of you are amazing. Yeah, I'm glad Tech lost to Mo State too. After all, who wants to actually win something? Better than NOT winning a tournament is NOT getting in one in the first place. So it follows, that if NOT winning is the goal, I hope Tech goes 0-28 next year! Wow! That should satisfy this whole "NOT winning" movement!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Some of you are amazing. Yeah, I'm glad Tech lost to Mo State too. After all, who wants to actually win something? Better than NOT winning a tournament is NOT getting in one in the first place. So it follows, that if NOT winning is the goal, I hope Tech goes 0-28 next year! Wow! That should satisfy this whole "NOT winning" movement!
    I hope you didn't misunderstand my post. I CERTAINLY want to win anything we are in. I was just stating that the NCAA is always the goal.

If you don't make the NCAA, try to win the NIT. If you don't make the NIT, win the CIT. If you can't win anything or you win one of the lower tournaments, go home and prepare for the NCAA the next year.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

This is a tough question. I think I would rather win the NIT than be a one and done in the NCAA tournament. I feel like the one and dones have an air of not belonging about them. At least in the NIT we would have beaten some decent teams, including teams from the so-called power conferences who were so unjustly left out of the tournament (sarcasm) in favor of some one and done. The NIT also gets TV exposure and attracts a little buzz from the sports world. Also, a team who wins the NIT often is looked at as a team to watch out for next year. In regard to the CBI and CIT, I would rather be a one and done.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

So I like to ask what would ______ do?

If duke was having a bad year but still made the cut for the NCAA tournament would they turn it down to win the NIT?

Sub duke for Kansas kentucky Indiana texas arkansas north Carolina... You get the picture...

No other team would say no to the NCAA tournament even for a guaranteed win in the NIT.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

One and done. The reason being that means we probably won the WAC tourney or are about 26 - 4 and received the bid.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    So I like to ask what would ______ do?

If duke was having a bad year but still made the cut for the NCAA tournament would they turn it down to win the NIT?

Sub duke for Kansas kentucky Indiana texas arkansas north Carolina... You get the picture...

No other team would say no to the NCAA tournament even for a guaranteed win in the NIT.

Do you think those teams you listed would do it knowing they would be one and done? Programs like those are really embarrassed when they lose in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post
    Do you think those teams you listed would do it knowing they would be one and done? Programs like those are really embarrassed when they lose in the first round.
    Yes, but you ALWAYS have to believe you can win the first round. If I had a team that thought they were going to be one and done, then I would have a loser mentality team.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Well it looks like I am definately in the minority. and to reiterate I am speaking purely hypothetical, fan's perspective. Not talking about turning down a bid to play in a lower tournament. I am talking hindsight. At the end of the year what are you more excited about:
    Winning the NIT
    or just making the NCAA

My answer is different for the Lady Techsters by the way. Only because of their huge streak with the NCAA tournament and the fact that we can rattle off bigger accomplishments than just making the tourament a bunch of times. We can point to National championships, final fours, sweet sixteens and twenty something tournament appearances.

While the men have some accomplishments of their own to point to they are not a regular NCAA team so in my mind no such streak is at stake.

I would rather see us win even the CBI/CIT than one and done in the NIT. It doesn't have to be something you brag about to recruits, but it gives the fans some hope for the next year that you can improve and compete in the NIT versus getting beat in the first round may have you saying we didn't belong there in the first place. (I am of course ignoring the effects of graduating seniors/ players leaving for the NBA)

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

You can't buy what an invite to the NCAA means to your school -

We have one Sweet 16 appearance and it is still mentioned almost daily on this board 25 years later -

There is no comparisons to being in the dance - financially or otherwise...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    financially

This is probably the deciding factor.

Got to keep those WAC credits rolling along.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Yes, but you ALWAYS have to believe you can win the first round.
    Unless you have been given a hypothetical case where the loss is guaranteed. Then you KNOW you lose.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

For me, it would depend on how well we play. For example, I'd rather win the NIT than get pummeled in the first round of the NCAA tournament. But, I'd rather lose close in the first round of the NCAA's than win the NIT.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Get to the big dance guys. That's all that matters. In addition, I-bowls are worthless. Win the WAC

+ Reply to Thread