+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What happened to all the GREAT concerts at Tech

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Re: What happened to all the GREAT concerts at Tech

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    The Hall and Oates concert in Memorial Gym was the best concert I've ever attended. Even the band members later said it was the best gig of their tour. Those were some good times.......

Yep, "The Earl Scruggs Revue" was pretty good too ....well....if you like bluegrass every now and then. I bet Guiss loves bluegrass.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hoppinmad View Post
    Yep, "The Earl Scruggs Revue" was pretty good too ....well....if you like bluegrass every now and then. I bet Guiss loves bluegrass.
    I would prefer bluegrass to Hall and Oates or 3 Doors Down.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I would prefer bluegrass to Hall and Oates or 3 Doors Down.

Well, you're in luck. There's a bluegrass festival in Cochran in May....south of Macon.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hoppinmad View Post
    Well, you're in luck. There's a bluegrass festival in Cochran in May....south of Macon.
    There are lots of bluegrass festivals in Atlanta. One of my good friends plays in a local bluegrass band.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    There are lots of bluegrass festivals in Atlanta. One of my good friends plays in a local bluegrass band.
    The one they did at Tech was pretty much the "Live at Kansas State" album. If I remember right Vasser Clements was on the fiddle and one of Earl's boys was on the bass. This guy here is pretty good but he's no Vasser Clements:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByYSkRGrMqw

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Good concerts are hard to come by anywhere. I remember when I was a teenager there were some excellent shows in Baton Rouge. Now there is virtually none.

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    I'm always jealous when my dad tells me about how The Eagles and ZZ Top came to Tech when he was in school.
    Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Those were the days .......... Lynryd Skynryd wasn't too shabby either.
    Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    The Hall and Oates concert in Memorial Gym was the best concert I've ever attended. Even the band members later said it was the best gig of their tour. Those were some good times.......
    I was at the ZZ Top concert in the spring of '77 if I remember correctly. First concert that the UB charged for, $2, at that time. When did the Eagles, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Hall & Oates come to Tech?

Little River Band put on a great show and so did Harry Chapin. LeRoux wasn't bad either. Manfred Mann's live show sounded just like their radio play!

Champ KDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really nice

we have a good one this year. its tyler read, chevelle, and seether. but what I dont get is why is it on a thursday, why not have it on a friday night when everybody is free?

Varsity Bulldog TechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by KDawg33 View Post
    we have a good one this year. its tyler read, chevelle, and seether. but what I dont get is why is it on a thursday, why not have it on a friday night when everybody is free?
    Union Board pretty much always plans the Spring Concert for a Thursday. Possibly because (alot of) students leave on weekends. I remember being in the dorm...pretty much empty b/c folks went home.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by LABulldog View Post
    I was at the ZZ Top concert in the spring of '77 if I remember correctly. First concert that the UB charged for, $2, at that time. When did the Eagles, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Hall & Oates come to Tech?

Little River Band put on a great show and so did Harry Chapin. LeRoux wasn't bad either. Manfred Mann's live show sounded just like their radio play!
    I remember someone explaining (around 1980) that the price of concerts changed dramatically about 78 or 79. They said even big groups were reasonable before then, and then suddenly every group wanted a bundle. They tried to bring in Foreigner around 80, and they wanted something like $40K (a lot then) and their contract said they could take the money and walk if they didn't like the venue. Yikes.

That was about the time where good concerts (almost all up to then were free or $1-$2) became rare. I missed Harry Chapin my frosh year. Still kick myself about that one.

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    I missed Harry Chapin my frosh year. Still kick myself about that one.

Not to rub it in, but you did miss a good one.

I saw Styx (Mr. Roboto Tour) and Chicago at the TAC and they were good but the concerts in the old Memorial Gym had more feeling to them. It was just a better "experience".

+ Reply to Thread