+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennessee / baylor

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Tennessee / baylor

Oh, one more thing, I only care about ONE WBB coach:

SPOON!

She's the only coach I wish well and good luck to. I have no divided loyalties. It's Louisiana Tech....or nothing.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    No doubt that Baylor is gonna be salty for several years to come.

Tennessee is also very young, so the Lady Vols will be making noise, as they always have, as well. Both BU and UT will be part of the pre-season Top 5 next year. Maybe both in the Top 3, with UCONN, the other.

UT's big 6'6" girl, Cain (I think...) is slow. Too slow to be effective against a man like Griner. Brewer, UT's other big (6'3") is a little quicker and is a better player.

But, as is always the case, it's guard play that makes the difference. For a good portion of the game UT's guards, Stricklen and Bjorklund (?) out-played BU's and it was Griner that kept Baylor close. In the 2nd half, BU's guards began taking charge and it was over. BTW, Summit does not have a true-PG. Stricklen is NOT a point. That's something Pat will have to fix.

As for the on-going "issue" of pigtails and Benedict, they have made their choice. Clearly they are fully vested in Baylor. You know some of you Baylor supporters on this MB have sarcastically stated: what? should Tech take down their banners and remove photos and the like from the TAC. Well, maybe pigtails and Benedict will request that, so they can move their stuff over to Baylor with them.

As for you history-revisionist, one more time for the record:

PIGTAILS WAS OFFERED A CONTRACT AND SHE TURNED IT DOWN.

I'm not sure what part of that some of you don't understand.
    Cain for UT will be a changed girl next year - wait till Pat gets her workout regimen for the summer started......

As for Pigtails, you are exactly right. She did a lot for Tech, but she is GONE. Those that want to follow her are BAYLOR fans. You can be both Tech and Baylor fans, but please stop talking about it on here. She was offered what the Louisiana Legislature allowed - a 4 year contract. D.R. even went one step further and guaranteed her a 5th year in some capacity, IF for some reason the HC job didn't work out. That would get her retirement. She got mad, as she often did, and left. That was her choice and I respect that, but she made the choice. lsu wanted a 5 year contract for a HC the next year and the legislature changed the rule.

I respect what Kim did, but she is a Baylor Bear now - not a Techster. Never confuse the two. My own thought was that she had self doubts (she shouldn't have) and didn't want to follow a legend for fear that she couldn't keep the Techsters at the top. Baylor was an easy choice - more money and she TOOK OUR RECRUITS! They were real losers before she got there and she made them into winners. Good for her, but she is not a Techster - she WAS a Techster.

As for Barmore, I love him to death. I was in shock when he took the offer at Baylor, but he wanted to coach some more and Baylor paid him. We didn't have any room for him on our staff, after we had hired a full staff. If he would have spoke up sooner, we would have. Barmore, however, will be back - as a volunteer coach or assistant at some point. He loves Tech and the Techsters - comes to as many games as he cans and talks to Spoon weekly.

This is Spoon's program now and I am SO happy that we have her. We got the right one - it just took some time to get her. Because of that time, it will take us some time to rebuild this. The rebuilding will be fun and will gain all the old fans back (those that are still around) and LOTS of new ones. We will pack the TAC again against big names and win those games. It won't happen overnight. It will happen in steps. That is how you build a lasting program (or in our case - rebuild).

So, could we drop the KM and Barmore talk??????? KM has been gone for 10 years. Baylor has a great message board, I am sure, that will enthusiatically take you in. As for OUR board, though, I want to talk about what Spoon is doing and how we are making our move back to the top.

Everyone has their opinion on this matter, but it is old news. We have righted the ship and are on our way up. Maybe we need a "Tech History" section of the board.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

And one more thing...........

When Spoon and KM go after the same recruits (and believe me, THEY WILL BE GOING AFTER SOME OF THE SAME RECRUITS), KM will be in battle with us. She will try to slit our throats to get those recruits, so you better get ready to back either her or Spoon soon.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by cgraves562 View Post
    Great post! The "haters" on this board are idots. Tech screwed Mulkey, there is no getting around that. She did what anyone in her position would have done, she gave her heart and soul to Tech, passed up several big time opportunities, and when her time came, Tech treated her like a nobody. They said screw you, so she said fine and went where she was wanted. Baylor is my 3rd favorite womens basketball program behind Tech and LSU because of her and Leon. Congrats to them both for taking down the Lady Vols.
    You've got to be kidding!!! Red for you.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    And one more thing...........

When Spoon and KM go after the same recruits (and believe me, THEY WILL BE GOING AFTER SOME OF THE SAME RECRUITS), KM will be in battle with us. She will try to slit our throats to get those recruits, so you better get ready to back either her or Spoon soon.
    Got that right!

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    You've got to be kidding!!! Red for you.
    I feel the same way! OMG!!!!!!! lsu?????????????

Now, you are talking about our TOP competitor in this state for recruits and for the top spot. I hope Spoon takes Van Chancellor to the woodshed in recruiting soon and lsu goes back into their hole.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I feel the same way! OMG!!!!!!! lsu?????????????

Now, you are talking about our TOP competitor in this state for recruits and for the top spot. I hope Spoon takes Van Chancellor to the woodshed in recruiting soon and lsu goes back into their hole.
    The are a hole and a hemroid.

Varsity Bulldog Iceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the rough

Big Grin Re: Tennessee / baylor

I sure hope Spoon recruits us a 6'8" man that can block 10 plus shots a game. I know, maybe we can just let Olu play his senior year for the Techsters. I bet Griner wouldn't block his shots.
    ROFLMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    I sure hope Spoon recruits us a 6'8" man that can block 10 plus shots a game. I know, maybe we can just let Olu play his senior year for the Techsters. I bet Griner wouldn't block his shots.
    ROFLMAO
    I think Griner might just be playing a dual role for their men's and women's teams now. She will get to play Duke twice.

I do hope we can get a big big post player. We need the 3 point shooting guard, but a huge post player is really needed to replace Dowdell. Anderson will, hopefully, step up nicely next year. Big frame and taller than Dowdell. Now, we have to hope she has the moves that Dowdell had (or can develop them quickly).

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Some of the criticisms and comments on this board are so transparent. If Griner had come to Tech, no one would make such juvenile comments about her sexuality/gender. And the reality is if you're going to hurl implied statements about sexual orientation, you should start with the Techsters, perhaps even with the coaching staff. Enough said. Griner is an incredible player. She is 18 years old, makes mistakes, and threw a punch (which when I watched the tape she was taking it fairly well until that final throw that pushed her over the edge, but it was still inexcusable.)

Look, when it comes to Tech vs. Baylor, screw Baylor. I want the Techsters to win. But Champ, sorry, when you say Kim is NOT a Techster now she is a Bear, yet you go on to defend Barmore, your argument fails.

Barmore is a Baylor Bear now. It was his CHOICE to be a Baylor Bear. He didn't NEED to do it, he CHOSE to do it.

Regarding LSU, I think Spoon WILL be competitive against Chancellor. I don't think it will happen overnight due to them being SEC and us being WAC, but you can't deny who Spoon is and what she has accomplished in her career and in one full season at Tech.

With a few great recruits, the Techsters are back in the mix. Like I said in another post and Champ has also pointed out, the success of the end of this season is defined by the fact that our team remembered what it's like to be champions of SOMETHING. Cutting down those nets was bball therapy that was long overdue.

Spoon has my support, not that it matters. I trust she is taking the program where it belongs. I look forward to seeing Anderson on the court next year, and although I can't believe I'm saying this, it's ANOTHER rebuilding year since almost 50% of our points are walking away with Dowdell. That said, we're not rebuilding from scratch. There is a foundation. The future, for once in quite a few years, is looking bright again.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    It was an incredible game and Mulkey out-coached Pat. Yes, I know the haters on this board wish Baylor would have lost, but the reality is Baylor's program is something Tech should aspire to be. We lost Kim and with it we lost her greatness as a coach and recruiter. We have Spoon now, and she is building her legacy at Tech.

While I think Spoon will be a great coach and bring this program back, bashing Mulkey is ridiculous. When Mulkey succeeds or anyone ELSE from the Techster legacy succeeds Tech usually get a mention or two. The reality is, without Mulkey's success, the name La. Tech would not have been mentioned that much in the past few years, at least in a positive way.

Congratulations to two Techster heroes, Barmore and Mulkey. It was a great win for your program.
    nice post

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Remember this about Tennessee. When Tech was just getting started, Pat Head Summit would play us when no other big name school would. Even after we beat them, she would schedule us. I have the most respect for TN and Pat. We made our name at her expense.

As for Baylor......well it could be us. DR has only himself to blame. We are back on track with Spoon, but it will take a couple of more years.

Varsity Bulldog Iceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the rough

Big Grin Re: Tennessee / baylor

Some of the criticisms and comments on this board are so transparent. If Griner had come to Tech, no one would make such juvenile comments about her sexuality/gender. And the reality is if you're going to hurl implied statements about sexual orientation, you should start with the Techsters, perhaps even with the coaching staff. Enough said. Griner is an incredible player. She is 18 years old, makes mistakes, and threw a punch (which when I watched the tape she was taking it fairly well until that final throw that pushed her over the edge, but it was still inexcusable.)

Look, when it comes to Tech vs. Baylor, screw Baylor. I want the Techsters to win. But Champ, sorry, when you say Kim is NOT a Techster now she is a Bear, yet you go on to defend Barmore, your argument fails.

Barmore is a Baylor Bear now. It was his CHOICE to be a Baylor Bear. He didn't NEED to do it, he CHOSE to do it.

Regarding LSU, I think Spoon WILL be competitive against Chancellor. I don't think it will happen overnight due to them being SEC and us being WAC, but you can't deny who Spoon is and what she has accomplished in her career and in one full season at Tech.

With a few great recruits, the Techsters are back in the mix. Like I said in another post and Champ has also pointed out, the success of the end of this season is defined by the fact that our team remembered what it's like to be champions of SOMETHING. Cutting down those nets was bball therapy that was long overdue.

Spoon has my support, not that it matters. I trust she is taking the program where it belongs. I look forward to seeing Anderson on the court next year, and although I can't believe I'm saying this, it's ANOTHER rebuilding year since almost 50% of our points are walking away with Dowdell. That said, we're not rebuilding from scratch. There is a foundation. The future, for once in quite a few years, is looking bright again.

I don't know about everyone else but my comments towards Mulkey and Barmore are tongue in cheek. As far as Griner goes, I don't think she would be offended to see that we on this board say she plays ball like a man. I am pretty sure she would take it as a compliment. If not, I'll take my ass whipping from her like a man. Lighten up.

ROFLMAO

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

It was an incredible game and Mulkey out-coached Pat. Yes, I know the haters on this board wish Baylor would have lost, but the reality is Baylor's program is something Tech should aspire to be. We lost Kim and with it we lost her greatness as a coach and recruiter. We have Spoon now, and she is building her legacy at Tech.

While I think Spoon will be a great coach and bring this program back, bashing Mulkey is ridiculous. When Mulkey succeeds or anyone ELSE from the Techster legacy succeeds Tech usually get a mention or two. The reality is, without Mulkey's success, the name La. Tech would not have been mentioned that much in the past few years, at least in a positive way.

Congratulations to two Techster heroes, Barmore and Mulkey. It was a great win for your program.
    You could have been happy without starting the "hater" stuff just once- couldn't you!? You know everytime you bring it up there will be response. You are never going to change even one mind.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    You could have been happy without starting the "hater" stuff just once- couldn't you!? You know everytime you bring it up there will be response. You are never going to change even one mind.
    And as predictable as I am, you surpass me. Yet again you assume I am on here in an attempt to change one mind. I don't try to change people's minds, I just express my own opinion. I read the seemingly never-ending b/s about Griner et al. and respond. That's what this board is about.

Changing minds by posting commentary on a BBB forum. That's funny stuff.

+ Reply to Thread