+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coach of the year goes to...

Champ KDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really nice

Coach of the year goes to...

Scott Drew in my opinion. He has turned around a basketball program at Baylor, who was never known for basketball, to a potentional final 4 team. It is amazing to see how far they have come after their tragic incidents of a player killing another player, and the coach lying about it, and talk of drugs being used around the team. Heck of a job coach, and my hat off to ya.

Puppy saturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the earssaturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the earssaturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the earssaturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the earssaturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the earssaturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the ears

Re: Coach of the year goes to...

Brad Stevens from Butler or either guy from St. Mary's or Cornell. These programs have really shocked everyone with such deep runs into the tournament, and Butler, in my opinion, has a chance to win it all.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Baylor looking good at the half.

We were never in the running for Dunn were we?

Champ KDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by saturdaynightlivas View Post
    Brad Stevens from Butler or either guy from St. Mary's or Cornell. These programs have really shocked everyone with such deep runs into the tournament, and Butler, in my opinion, has a chance to win it all.

And apparently Cornell played the season without their best player because he didn't meet the required GPA of 3.5. The player had a 3.4. Come on now son hit the books, you act like thats hard. :icon_wink:. Thats crazy!

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

I would agree that these coaches should be the finalists. Although the guys from NIU and Murray State should get some consideration as well.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree on the Drew pick. He took a team that was pegged to finish close to the bottom of the conference and finished third. You could argue they were the best 3 seed in the tourney when they were firing on all cylinders. They made the elite 8 when Texas, Kansas, and OU from the Big 12 didn't. That says a lot about his ability to game plan for totally different styles every game. They will have to reload at several key spots next season, but look for them to still make some real noise.

Varsity Bulldog MDog is just really niceMDog is just really niceMDog is just really niceMDog is just really niceMDog is just really niceMDog is just really niceMDog is just really niceMDog is just really niceMDog is just really niceMDog is just really niceMDog is just really nice

Steve Donahue from Cornell should get the award. When you take into consideration where his program was when he started, factor in some recruiting constraints that most coaches don't even need to consider, and consider the fact that his staff has turned over a bunch of times because people hire his assistants, he should be a shoe-in. Three straight Ivy League titles, and a great run in the NCAA. Cornell will be really lucky if he doesn't go to St. Johns.

Puppy saturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the earssaturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the earssaturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the earssaturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the earssaturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the earssaturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    I would agree that these coaches should be the finalists. Although the guys from NIU and Murray State should get some consideration as well.
    I dont think there's any way the guy from Murray St. should even be considered. Yeah, they had a pretty good tournament run. But let's remember that our Dawgs beat Murray St. in the TAC this season, and they were a 9 seed in the MVC conference tournament and pulled off a run there to win it. They didn't exactly have a great regular season, and I think thats what gives the other guys the nod over him.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by KDawg33 View Post
    Scott Drew in my opinion. He has turned around a basketball program at Baylor, who was never known for basketball, to a potentional final 4 team. It is amazing to see how far they have come after their tragic incidents of a player killing another player, and the coach lying about it, and talk of drugs being used around the team. Heck of a job coach, and my hat off to ya.

Absolutely stunned for this to be pulled off at Baylor and in Wacover, besided being in Big 12 and competing for all this top recruits against ACC, SEC and Big 12 schools. I don't know how they get these type players there.

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Baylor looking good at the half.

We were never in the running for Dunn were we?

No, he had a "handler".

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

I dont think there's any way the guy from Murray St. should even be considered. Yeah, they had a pretty good tournament run. But let's remember that our Dawgs beat Murray St. in the TAC this season, and they were a 9 seed in the MVC conference tournament and pulled off a run there to win it. They didn't exactly have a great regular season, and I think thats what gives the other guys the nod over him.

Gotta do your research, bud.

Murray State went 30-4 on the season. 30 and fricking 4. They were first in their conference, at 17-1.

I hate to be the one who rails on the new guy, but that's the most wrong thing I've seen all day.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixWings View Post

Gotta do your research, bud.

Murray State went 30-4 on the season. 30 and fricking 4. They were first in their conference, at 17-1.

I hate to be the one who rails on the new guy, but that's the most wrong thing I've seen all day.
    He must have Murray State confused with someone else but I can't figure out who. The Murray State Racers are in the Ohio Valley Conference and not the MVC. The #1 seed in the MVC was Northern Iowa and they won their tournament over the #2 seed, Wichita State. The #9 seed (SIU) was defeated by the #8 seed in the play-in game.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Drew in my opinion...

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    He must have Murray State confused with someone else but I can't figure out who. The Murray State Racers are in the Ohio Valley Conference and not the MVC. The #1 seed in the MVC was Northern Iowa and they won their tournament over the #2 seed, Wichita State. The #9 seed (SIU) was defeated by the #8 seed in the play-in game.
    U of Houston is one of the only low seeds in their own conference that I can think of that made a nice run to get into the tourney...

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter View Post
    Absolutely stunned for this to be pulled off at Baylor and in Wacover, besided being in Big 12 and competing for all this top recruits against ACC, SEC and Big 12 schools. I don't know how they get these type players there.
    And the good times should continue to roll at Baylor. All-Big XII shooting star Lacedarius Dunn (from West Monroe), All-American Honorable Mention Center Ekpe Udoh (6'10"), and two other starters (Quincy Acy and Anthony Jones) return in 10-11. (There is a possibility that Udoh goes to the NBA.) And Drew just signed the 6'11" McDonald's All-American center Perry Jones III from Duncanville, TX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-xAVeYWR7M

Point Guard Tweety Carter will be a huge loss, but Carter was only the main man for 1 year. He followed an equally good Curtis Jarrels, and they've already got a new guy (A. J. Walton) in the wings ready to go. Walton played quite a bit this year as a freshman.

Speaking of Point guards, check out this Baylor Point Guard recruit, Stargell Love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VewPEBwMMng

HD

+ Reply to Thread