+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starters/Rotation for next year?

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Re: Starters/Rotation for next year?

Quote Originally Posted by MoltonLava8 View Post
    The guy that is going to be crucial to this season is not DeAndre Brown, it is clearly Olu. If he has a huge year he could definately be NBA ready and declare for the draft. Olu has the talent he just has to put it all together.
    if Olu wants to earn a paycheck playing bball, he needs to learn to bring it every single night. being a bit undersized like Millsap, he must be more consistent in both scoring and rebounding if he wants to be noticed. look at how little respect Millsap received, and he pretty much averaged a double double since his first game as a true FR.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    .....in no way shape, form or fashion do I see the Dawgs an arm's lenght within reach of 24 wins next year...
    24 wins next year based on the current roster looks to be out of reach for even long arms. However, if we recruit a couple of guys with longer arms we may get closer. Then it depends how quickly those arms, legs, eyes, but mostly HEADS adjust to our style of play. 24 win is not likely, but still possible.

No I don't want a hat bet on it.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    The more likely scenario is that Hunsaker can play maybe 7-10 minutes/game as a freshman and then contribute significantly as a sophomore.
    and we won't need him for any more than that if deandre is healthy and productive, which i assume he will be. i also believe that is the coaches' plans for holton.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

If Olu wants to play in the NBA he better shoot 1,000 jumpshots a day b/c he isn't undersized in the post, he is like KG with better moves playing post. He is not a 4 and he is not Paul Millsap in post, too short. He is 6'5 maybe and a half and point guards in nba are 6'5. He can't give you a consistent double double b/c he struggles and can't score when a true big PF/C guard him. I really believe he'll excel when he extends his range and plays some 3 and 4. That said he improved from last year and I am sure he'll take another step forward this offseason. Excited to see him knock down more 3s next year and lead us.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

He's a good college post player. Nothing more, nothing less.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I see Olu's game evolving to something similar to Tasmin Mitchell. He has the ability to put the ball on the ground, he runs well on breaks, he has a nice turnaround and excellent moves around the basket. The only thing missing is--consistency with his outside shot and free throws. If he shores those areas up over the off season, we will see even more next year.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I see Olu's game evolving to something similar to Tasmin Mitchell. He has the ability to put the ball on the ground, he runs well on breaks, he has a nice turnaround and excellent moves around the basket. The only thing missing is--consistency with his outside shot and free throws. If he shores those areas up over the off season, we will see even more next year.
    Mitchell is much more adept on the perimeter plus he is 6'8" i believe. Mitchell is a better ball handler and outside shooter. I think we all agree that if Olu is going to play ball after Tech, he must improve in these two areas (and free throw shooting as you point out).

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg View Post
    Mitchell is much more adept on the perimeter plus he is 6'8" i believe. Mitchell is a better ball handler and outside shooter. I think we all agree that if Olu is going to play ball after Tech, he must improve in these two areas (and free throw shooting as you point out).
    I've been next to Mitchell and he's about the size of Olu. Olu is better around the basket. Taz has a better stroke. I think Olu runs the floor as good as Taz. I also believe their dribbling skills are equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I've been next to Mitchell and he's about the size of Olu. Olu is better around the basket. Taz has a better stroke. I think Olu runs the floor as good as Taz. I also believe their dribbling skills are equivalent.
    you have seen olu in person much more than i have, so your opinion is probably more well founded. my impression was that mitchell is a better on the perimeter which, due to size, is where Olu must improve.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg View Post
    you have seen olu in person much more than i have, so your opinion is probably more well founded. my impression was that mitchell is a better on the perimeter which, due to size, is where Olu must improve.
    I think Olu is a better perimeter player than we think. He obviously needs to improve a little more in that aspect but we rarely needed him for anything more than a low post player.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    I think Olu is a better perimeter player than we think.
    Lord, I hope so...

Because, frankly, he isn't very good at it right now -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    I think Olu is a better perimeter player than we think. He obviously needs to improve a little more in that aspect but we rarely needed him for anything more than a low post player.
    i think olu wants to be a better perimeter player than he actually is. he knows he can't play the 4 at the next level. he's known that since the day he stepped on campus. it was one of the reasons he came to tech, rather than rutgers. what i hope we see is his work ethic during the offseason beginning to pay off, and he improves in that area.

but honestly, right now he's not going to play on the perimeter next year. we desperately need bodies in the post, and our guard depth will be pretty good next year. he'll play the 4, but if he can become more versatile offensively -- like one of duke's classic 4's like a battier or a singler --that will certainly help a great deal next year.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

+ Reply to Thread