+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Baseball. Stefan to Redshirt 2010 Season after Injury - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Baseball. Stefan to Redshirt 2010 Season after Injury - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech sophomore pitcher Jeb Stefan will redshirt the rest of the 2010 season after an MRI Monday showed a torn ulnar collateral ligament (UCL).

More...

Discuss it here.

Varsity Bulldog MoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the rough

Stefan done for season

Jeb has torn an ulnar collateral ligament which will most likely result in tommy john surgery. My question is where does the team go from here? He is at least the number 2 starter in conference play and was absolutely dynamite in the WAC tournament last year against hawaii. Does the team have enough quality arms on the pitching staff to even come close to making a run at a WAC championship? This is a big blow to the team and I dont know if we can handle it come conference play.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Re: Baseball. Stefan to Redshirt 2010 Season after Injury - latechsports.com

We'll have to see if someone steps up between now and conference play/tourney time.

As for right now, I'd say we're definitely short-handed. We have a lot of youth, though. You never know who could step up.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Gotta get Jefferson going and he pitched well in Minn. My guess is he will start along with Barrett, Peterson, and Bradshaw. Gonna miss Stefan, hate it for him.

Puppy greendawg is just really nicegreendawg is just really nicegreendawg is just really nicegreendawg is just really nicegreendawg is just really nicegreendawg is just really nicegreendawg is just really nicegreendawg is just really nicegreendawg is just really nicegreendawg is just really nicegreendawg is just really nice greendawg's Avatar

Here is how I see the situation. What was done with our pitching staff in Minn. is what I expect for the rest of the year. Each game hope that the following pair of pitchers come go a full game:

Bradshaw/Dudley
    Peterson/Jefferson
    Barret/LeBreton

In the fourth game of a conference series then pitch by committee and hope that Dudley and Jefferson can pitch a couple of innings and we win a high scoring game. Of course, extra inning games and a bad first few innings for a starter could ruin this approach. When the tournament comes hope that someone came step and start deep in the tournament.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Re: Stefan done for season

Quote Originally Posted by MoltonLava8 View Post
    Jeb has torn an ulnar collateral ligament which will most likely result in tommy john surgery. My question is where does the team go from here? He is at least the number 2 starter in conference play and was absolutely dynamite in the WAC tournament last year against hawaii. Does the team have enough quality arms on the pitching staff to even come close to making a run at a WAC championship? This is a big blow to the team and I dont know if we can handle it come conference play.

In my opinion based on what is left, playing 4 game conference series versus 3 games as most conferences, Anderson RS this year as well, haven't seen Meyers or Fairbanks bounce back well, my opinion is "no". Can't do it with about 5 main arms win it takes minimum of 7 for leagues that play 3 conference games on weekends and one game during middle of week. Takes minimum of 8 good and pretty decent arms due to our conference set up. Injury and past guys out makes me sick to my stomach.

Varsity Bulldog cranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the ears

What happened to the Coronado kid out of West Monroe? SHould be a soph this year, but not on roster anymore. I think he was a RHP

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by cranberry View Post
    What happened to the Coronado kid out of West Monroe? SHould be a soph this year, but not on roster anymore. I think he was a RHP
    Didn't pan out, coaches found him a place to go get more work at a JC...I think Panola.

Open question to those that monitor professional baseball a lot and minor leagues. Don't they say it takes closer to 2 full years to get back to full strength after TJ surgery? They may be released to pitch some after 1 year, but generally not back at full strength right away. In other words, being back in one year doesn't necessarily mean full strength right away.

Varsity Bulldog Cactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really niceCactus Rob is just really nice Cactus Rob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter View Post
    Open question to those that monitor professional baseball a lot and minor leagues. Don't they say it takes closer to 2 full years to get back to full strength after TJ surgery? They may be released to pitch some after 1 year, but generally not back at full strength right away. In other words, being back in one year doesn't necessarily mean full strength right away.
    In my experience with TJ elbows, you have to follow the rehab protocols of your orthopedic doctor. With that being said, it is usually a 12 month rehab process but the problem is that 12 months from now, it will be early to middle of next year's baseball season. In a perfect world, you do 12 months of rehab and then you get away from baseball and throwing for 2 to 3 months to rest the repair as well as to get "away" from baseball. Unfortunately, in this situation, the rest period is not an option so he will obviously miss this season as well as be about 50-90% at best for next season. So what you have heard about it taking closer to 2 full years to get back to full strength, that's true.
    If he would have torn his UCL (the ligament that is replaced during TJ surgery) at the end of the season, he would still miss next season but he would be about 95-100% for the following season. And that would have cost him only one year.
    In summary, it just all depends on when the tear occurs on the calendar and more literally, what the date of surgery is. That is the real start of the clock in order to return

+ Reply to Thread