+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bringing the Cannon Back

Puppy SoBulldog has turned a few heads around hereSoBulldog has turned a few heads around here

Re: Bringing the Cannon Back

Does anyone know when the cannon was first used at the games?

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I hate that damn cannon? I hope they lost it and can't find it. I'm standing up cheering the team after a TD and that thing goes off and rattles my teeth.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I hate that damn cannon?
    Do you?

No, seriously. I understand that there are definitely two sides to the issue. Almost every student I've talked to about it loved it, though, and missed it once it was gone.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Last year KU got a cannon

Boom times: Cannon to fire after touchdowns at home football games

http://www.news.ku.edu/2009/september/17/cannon.shtml

LAWRENCE — Army ROTC and athletics department officials at the University of Kansas have arranged to fire a 75mm cannon each time the KU football team scores a touchdown or field goal in Memorial Stadium this season.

Officers will test the Howitzer cannon at noon Friday, Sept. 18, in preparation for its debut at the KU-Duke game Saturday, Sept. 19, which is also KU Football Armed Forces Appreciation Day.

Saturday’s game begins at 11 a.m. (CDT).

The Kansas Army National Guard is loaning the Army ROTC the Howitzer, the type of artillery cannon often used in ceremonial events as well as on the sidelines of college football games.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Howitzer.

Nice.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Check this out. ROTC Cannon Crew.

Colorado State Football - How to Fire the Cannon (youtube)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j3o1...eature=related

Missou's Cannon Crew
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bulldog NateDawg seems to have something between the earsNateDawg seems to have something between the earsNateDawg seems to have something between the earsNateDawg seems to have something between the earsNateDawg seems to have something between the earsNateDawg seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by SixWings View Post
    Do you?

No, seriously. I understand that there are definitely two sides to the issue. Almost every student I've talked to about it loved it, though, and missed it once it was gone.
    Yeah, all my friends were pretty disappointed when it was taken away. So from what I gather it's very popular throughout the student population.

Big Dog westdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the rough

I like the cannon.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I like the cannon too. Just want the ROTC to be firing it......

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Does the Air Force have cannons other than the one the A-10 is built around?:icon_wink:

I'm still in favor of installing fireworks and hi-Tech LASER LIGHTS! coming from Dawgzilla.

BTW-I am humored someone mentions an idea of bringing up the confedracy-era cannon atop the hill and several posters start talking about the KAs and their baby cannon and shooting their wad into the stands.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Tradition? I've been watching Tech football since Denny Duron was QB and there weren't any cannons back then. Personally, I hate the damn thing. It rattles my cage every time it goes off, the last thing we need to do is cause a heart attack. If there's anything that's traditional it's the sky diving team landing at midfield before kickoff, I loved it as a kid and I still love it today. IMO, the bell will suffice after TD's.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    If there's anything that's traditional it's the sky diving team landing at midfield before kickoff, I loved it as a kid and I still love it today. IMO, the bell will suffice after TD's.
    Especially when they take out half the sousaphones in one fell swoop...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

This old artilleryman hates cannons. I directed fire for 8 inchers back in the old days (by the way that M110 shown was a 175 mm on a 110 chasis which were the same). As long as I knew when the guns were going to shoot it didn't bother me even though the closest was bout 30 yards away. I still jump when the damn thing goes off and I have forgotten it.

If we score as much as I am hoping and expecting we would be deaf before the season ends and some of us nervous wrecks.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I hate that damn cannon? I hope they lost it and can't find it. I'm standing up cheering the team after a TD and that thing goes off and rattles my teeth.
    One word....POLIGRIP

+ Reply to Thread