+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stolen Chant?

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Stolen Chant?

All of our chants and cheers were made up in 1894. Even the ones that we just started doing in the last few years and even the ones that specifically reference bulldogs. We have a whole book of cheers that we wrote back in the day and we even shared them with other schools. If we use it, then we were the originators and anyone else that uses it just copied it from us.

I have all of the paperwork if anyone would like to see it.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    All of our chants and cheers were made up in 1894. Even the ones that we just started doing in the last few years and even the ones that specifically reference bulldogs. We have a whole book of cheers that we wrote back in the day and we even shared them with other schools. If we use it, then we were the originators and anyone else that uses it just copied it from us.

I have all of the paperwork if anyone would like to see it.
    I heard that Colonel Arthur Taylor Prescott (first Tech president) yelled "Move the Chains" way before we ever had a football team at Louisiana Tech.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    decades? 80s? 1980s? 1880s?:icon_wink:

Actually, it was 1480. My family was in the US before Columbus made it over.:icon_wink:

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I heard that Colonel Arthur Taylor Prescott (first Tech president) yelled "Move the Chains" way before we ever had a football team at Louisiana Tech.
    I heard dat!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

This is true. He said it while instructing a land surveying class. MOVE THE CHAINS!

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Thats true. He also called it Louisiana Tech when it was the Industrial Institute and College of Louisiana. Everyone thought it was really weird. He was quite a visionary. And my great uncle. Thats why I have the papers.

Puppy JB71270 is just really niceJB71270 is just really niceJB71270 is just really niceJB71270 is just really niceJB71270 is just really niceJB71270 is just really niceJB71270 is just really niceJB71270 is just really niceJB71270 is just really niceJB71270 is just really niceJB71270 is just really nice

Atleast we have "We are Bulldogs". Thats original,right?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB71270 View Post
    That goes back to the 1970s when Sonja Hogg told AD Maxie Lambright that she wanted her planned basketball team to be the Lady Techsters. And Maxie replied, "Well, little girl, We are Bulldogs!"
    Sonja went to F. Jay and the Lady Techsters were born.

:icon_wink:
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Big Dog NavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by saturdaynightlivas View Post
    Actually, our chant is just loud "ooooooooooohhhhhh's" pre-kickoff, and once the ball is kicked the students yell, "Sic' 'em Dawgs! Whoo! Whoo! Whoo! Whoo!" As if they are barking. So technically ours and UGA's aren't the same.
    Actually, they sound exactly alike.
    Regardless, do yall remember the new cheer (detltu's 1894 chant) at the Mississippi St. game? As the band was playing we were supposed to yell T-E-C-H at specified times. I recall that working well.....(the five periods are sarcasm by the way).

Quote Originally Posted by NavyBulldog1 View Post
    Actually, they sound exactly alike.
    Regardless, do yall remember the new cheer (detltu's 1894 chant) at the Mississippi St. game? As the band was playing we were supposed to yell T-E-C-H at specified times. I recall that working well.....(the five periods are sarcasm by the way).
    Yeah I couldn't figure out how to get the timing right on that one. Had to go back and look at my notes.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

What about this one?

"DE-FENSE"

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB71270 View Post
    I've never heard any other school chant "We are Bulldogs."

Varsity Bulldog TechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I've never heard any other school chant "We are Bulldogs."

No...but it's the same as "We are Penn St."

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDynamic View Post
    No...but it's the same as "We are Penn St."
    We had the cheer first. See Dawgpix post.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    That goes back to the 1970s when Sonja Hogg told AD Maxie Lambright that she wanted her planned basketball team to be the Lady Techsters. And Maxie replied, "Well, little girl, We are Bulldogs!"
    Sonja went to F. Jay and the Lady Techsters were born.

:icon_wink:

Puppy saturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the earssaturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the earssaturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the earssaturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the earssaturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the earssaturdaynightlivas seems to have something between the ears

"We are Bulldogs" is straight jacked from "We are Marshall." But i still like it. And would chant it even if we were playing Marshall.

+ Reply to Thread