+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Chant?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: Stolen Chant?

Quote Originally Posted by saturdaynightlivas View Post
    "We are Bulldogs" is straight jacked from "We are Marshall."
    The Nittany Lions disagree.

Varsity Bulldog bigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the rough

I am not a fan of We Are. It has been mentioned alot on here and we just overdue it. When I hear "We Are" all I can think about is Marshall. I love the other chants. If we could get rid of one, it would be the "We Are" chant

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm down with the "We Are" chant, because the fans seem to get into it. To me, it's also like we're declaring that we are THE Bulldogs - the ORIGINAL Bulldogs. Therefore, it's a meaningful cheer to me. Honestly, there's almost no chant or mascot you'll come up with these days that someone else hasn't already thought of or used in some capacity. Whatever we do, let's just do it better than anyone else does.

Oh yeah, and the "WE ARE... BULLDOGS" chant sounds fantastic on TV.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Aren't all cheers and chants hi-jacked dating back to the Christians V Lions in the coliseum?
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog NavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to all

I simply wish we had a trademarked kind of cheer/jingle. Like Rocky Top is to TN or Boomer Sooner is to OU. (note i would have said like T-I-G-E-R-S Tigers! is to LSU, but I figured I'd get crucified, plus I hate that *explicative* cheer/jingle).
    Something distinct. I do like the Louisiana Tech Dawgs (the spelling cheer) or How bout them dawgs. Just hard to make sound good with a large crowd.

Big Dog Slackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by TechDynamic View Post
    No...but it's the same as "We are Penn St."

KNOW ONE likes Penn St, other than Penn St. They are the North's version of LSPU.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Aren't all cheers and chants hi-jacked dating back to the Christians V Lions in the coliseum?
    The Arkansas Woo Pig Sooiiiee goes back to the Garden of Eden when Eve was hollering at Adam to cometh here.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    The Arkansas Woo Pig Sooiiiee goes back to the Garden of Eden when Eve was hollering at Adam to cometh here.
    Hell, I thought that was the first thing Adam said when he saw Eve - WOOO PIG SOOIIEEEEE!
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Hell, I thought that was the first thing Adam said when he saw Eve - WOOO PIG SOOIIEEEEE!
    Yeah, you're right . . . that's how the Shreveport Times reporter, Jimmy "Hail Caesar" Watson reported it.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Slackdog View Post
    KNOW ONE likes Penn St, other than Penn St. They are the North's version of LSPU.

The Big 10 fans in Memphis all go to the same bar on Saturdays to watch football. The differerent teams sit at different tables and watch different tvs.

The Ohio State crew are the asshats, not Penn State.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I would like the "We Are" chant a lot more if we only did it after scoring a TD while in the lead of a game. It's not impressive to do it 15 times a game or while we are down.

Puppy Makaveli108 is an unknown

lol I agree

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I would like the "We Are" chant a lot more if we only did it after scoring a TD while in the lead of a game. It's not impressive to do it 15 times a game or while we are down.
    This is a cheer of timing.
    Once before the game.
    Once the game is in hand.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Once before the game.
    Exactly, and maybe do it right after the Alma Mater when we win.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Once before the game.
    I think it is a cheer to be done when we need motivation as well.

+ Reply to Thread