+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Stolen Chant?

Big Dog NavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to all

Re: Stolen Chant?

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    How bout we just stay with what we got. What makes our chants suck is that Robken gets on the PA and changes them every year. "How bout them dogs" and "We are" is fine. They are simple.

And yes, there is going to be some similarities between schools with the same mascot. It ain't like bulldogs don't bark.
    I agree that Robken tries new things often and they often dont work out (kudos for the effort), but I think it is because we still havent codified that trademark chant (although I would say "how bout them dawgs" is as close as we come).

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    NOT every change of possession (as it seemed like the video board operator wanted)

I would actually prefer that the video board stay OUT of that chant, especially since the "graphic" is something that was done in MS Paint and took 30 seconds...
    YES. exactly what i'm talking about. i love the cheer, but doing it that often just kills it. it's like listening to your favorite song for 3 hours in a row. it won't be your favorite for very long if you do that.

also agreed on the graphic. a lot of the board graphics need a facelift. year 2 with DawgZilla should be (hopefully) greatly improved.

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

Maybe we should ask some football players what cheers they like hearing the crowd do while they are down on the field.

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NavyBulldog1 View Post
    I was at a wedding in Atlanta this weekend. The bride and groom and most of the attendees were University of Georgia Alum. During the reception, they sang their fight song, but then they proceeded to chant "gooooooooo dawgs, sick em" in the exact way we do. Did we steal our kickoff chant directly from UGA? If so, are there others?

At least they didn't start chanting...move the chains, move the chains!!

Still can't stand that one for some reason.

+ Reply to Thread