+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thursday Practice Report

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Thursday Practice Report

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m...040110aae.html

April 1, 2010

RUSTON, La. - Big game-changing plays highlighted the action from Joe Aillet Stadium Thursday evening as Louisiana Tech held its second scrimmage of the spring. Two interceptions, including Olajuwon Paige's 45-yard interception return for a touchdown topped the charts for the defense while Jacarri Jackson's 29-yard touchdown reception highlighted the offense.

more.....

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Re: Thursday Practice Report

That Jacarri Jackson catch was sick.

As a matter of fact, I would say J. Jackson put on a clinic tonight with his hands.

It was also fun to watch Nelson boot them into the endzone. Dooley must've been a moron.

Those were the two things that stood out to me. Other than those, everything was as it has been.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Three fumbles + 2 INTs = not good for the offense.

Passing:
    Steven Ensminger 9-14, 91 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT
    Ross Jenkins 10-12, 81 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT
    Colby Cameron 1-3, 46 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT
    Doak Raulston 3-4, 22 yds, 0 TD, 0 INT

Rushing:
    Lennon Creer 10-56, 1 TD
    Lyle Fitte 6-42
    Tristan Broussard 6-15
    D.J. Morrow 2-7
    Colby Cameron 4-8, 1 TD
    Ross Jenkins 1-6
    Brenton Betts 4-(-7).

Receiving:
    Jacarri Jackson 3-76, 1 TD
    Cruz Williams 4-44
    Hayden Slack 4-30
    David Gru 3-29
    Chandler Spence 2-26
    Lyle Fitte 1-5
    Stuart Scurria 1-5
    Eric Harper 2-4
    Ahmad Paige 1-4

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Did Falls get any carries? Sounds like Franklin really likes Fitte at RB. Good to see Ross doing well.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Falls tweaked a hammy sometime this week- did not play.

After the game Franklin was being interviewed and said the picks were mostly his fault. He said the D showed something he hadn't discussed with the offense yet. Not sure exactly what that means, but I would hope that we don't throw a pick-6 every time we see a new formation this season.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Did Falls get any carries? Sounds like Franklin really likes Fitte at RB. Good to see Ross doing well.
    Falls was injured. Molton was held out as was Tank.

Creer is our running back (no doubt in my mind). As for qb's, Ensminger is much more aggressive than Ross. Of course, that lends itself to more mistakes, but it equates to more big plays. To be honest, I don't think Cameron or Raulston are competing for the starting job at this point. Our offense is so good, it's making our defense look kinda soft.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

On defense, Paige had a nice pick six. I also thought Ellis got nice push at the line of scrimmage. The linebackers look solid, but the defensive front was pretty much dominated by our oline.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to see J. Jackson have a good night. Is he capable of taking it the distance from anywhere on the field?

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SixWings View Post

After the game Franklin was being interviewed and said the picks were mostly his fault. He said the D showed something he hadn't discussed with the offense yet. Not sure exactly what that means, but I would hope that we don't throw a pick-6 every time we see a new formation this season.
    It means he is protesting his quarterbacks.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixWings View Post

Yeah, Franklin is becoming quite the quoted spokesman these days.
    "Our offense definitely looked like crap for three days then it looked like not as bad of crap at practices four, five and six. In the last three practices, it’s gotten better and they are further along than I thought. The interceptions were bad but they were my fault. We saw a coverage that we hadn’t seen yet and they struggled with it. That was my fault, I didn’t have them prepared tonight but I’m not worried about that."

Puppy BeauDawg has turned a few heads around hereBeauDawg has turned a few heads around hereBeauDawg has turned a few heads around hereBeauDawg has turned a few heads around here BeauDawg's Avatar

Jenkins' pick wasn't his fault, the pass bounced off the receivers chest. He also had a touchdown pass dropped in the endzone.

On the pick-6 by Paige, he jumped the route and had free sailing into the endzone. Later in the scrimmage Ensminger overthrew receivers on three strait passes into the endzone.

The competition is close between the two, but I thought Ross looked a little better tonight. Cameron and Doak were alternating with the 3s.

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Glad to see J. Jackson have a good night. Is he capable of taking it the distance from anywhere on the field?
    I don't know if he has the speed or athleticism of some of our other guys, but he definitely has the body and hands of an all-star. I think he runs a pretty decent route, too. He's not going to be the one that makes you cringe when they throw the ball to him.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I haven't heard anything about Duplessis running the ball. Is he injured?

Some of these roster changes make me wonder what Dooley was thinking at times. We had struggles at QB at times last year, but never gave Ensminger a chance. Hell, we had him at TE. Lyle Fitte is another guy who has suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

I have never been a coach, and I know it's a volitile profession, but I can't help wondering about this kind of stuff. The Ensminger thing is a major change IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    I haven't heard anything about Duplessis running the ball. Is he injured?

Some of these roster changes make me wonder what Dooley was thinking at times. We had struggles at QB at times last year, but never gave Ensminger a chance. Hell, we had him at TE. Lyle Fitte is another guy who has suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

I have never been a coach, and I know it's a volitile profession, but I can't help wondering about this kind of stuff. The Ensminger thing is a major change IMO.
    Duplessis is injured- no real practice time of any kind. I believe he had some sort of surgery not too long ago.

'Word on the street' is that Ensminger and Scelfo butted heads quite a bit. I think Ensminger is also working a whole lot harder for this staff than he ever did with Dooley and Co.

Lyle got a lot of PT at receiver last year, but Franklin said today that Fitte fits the natural RB mold for his offense, so he moved him back to RB.

I think Ensminger has been helped out tremendously by the new, simplified playbook. We now run roughly 1/4 the plays that Scelfo ran.

My question is, if ol' Frank had so many plays, why didn't we ever see them? Maybe he had 20 variations on the Draw? :icon_wink:

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Duplessis is on Mucsle Beach....

Ensminger sounds like a gunslinger. BRETT FREAKIN FAVRE wouldn't start for Dooley. Too dangerous for him.

And Fitte is just filling in at RB and isn't PLANNED (but I bet that he gets some carries from there) on staying at RB. I wonder if we're thinking about RS'ing him.... kinda depends on where he plays and if Casey really is the freak that we're hearing that he is.

+ Reply to Thread