+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thursday Practice Report

Varsity Bulldog MoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the roughMoltonLava8 is a jewel in the rough

Re: Thursday Practice Report

Give Ross a break man he has barely even practiced he is still learning the offense. I am not sayin he will be the starter i am just sayin he needs to learn the offense before tryin to solidfy his job for the third season. None of yall didnt like him when he took us to the I-bowl as a sophomore.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

I did....I get sick of him throwing at the feet of our receivers. He doesnt throw a good ball and gives our receivers zero chance to be successful after the catch.

Varsity Bulldog cherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nicecherokeedawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Those stats look very familiar.

The story of Jenkins' career at Tech has been that HE JUST CAN'T SCORE ANY POINTS!!! He's fine at throwing the underneath short stuff, and racking up "non-threatening" passing yardage. But we desperately need TD's. And I'm not talking about "cheap" TD's at the end of a game where the outcome has already been determined.

HD
    Your post hits the nail on the head in regards to our need for a QB with a killer instinct.

RJ has done an admirable job of learning the offense in a very short period of time under what we all can agree are very trying circumstances. That being said, we have all seen RJ's propensity to take the safe route/sack all too often. Many have postulated that this negative conditioning was due to the prior regime - I agree that it must be, at least in part. RJ will have to overcome that previous poisoning of the brain by DD/Scelfo if he wants to be the man next year. Given our personnel/weapons that we have seen to date this Spring - we need a GUNSLINGER mentality at QB - whoever that may be.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=SixWings;907226]

It was also fun to watch Nelson boot them into the endzone. Dooley must've been a moron.

DD was so afraid of getting burned that he didn't give Matt a chance. Go ahead Matt, put it 4 yards deep and no one will ever get a chance to return on us.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

I've always thought a team needs at least 2 qb's that are capable of being the starter. Otherwise if the starter goes down, the rest of the season goes down the craper. I hope we score so many points this season that we can go 3 deep at qb. I don't have a favorite, because I don't know any of them other than what I read here. I trust the coaches to do what's best. The season can't start soon enough for me.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Give Jenkins a break. He missed over a week of practice

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Seems more and more to me that Burch is going to be redshirted this summer. Sonny and Franklin's language about the qb position makes it seem like it's now a battle between Jenkins and Ensminger for 1st string and everyone else for the 2nd and 3rd.

Champ nytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant future

We also have to remember for 5 games Ross played with only 2 decent Wr's being Cruz/Fitte and a walk on. He still was able to complete 10 tds in that span to only one player D Morris. It would be nice to see what Ross could do with some talent, after throwing 17tds 5ints with such a depleted team.
    Last edited by nytetyme; 04-02-2010 at 04:37 PM.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by nytetyme View Post
    We also have to remember for 5 games Ross played with only 2 decent Wr's being Cruz/Fitte and a walk on. He still was able to complete 10 tds in that span to only one player D Morris. It would be nice to see what Ross could do with some talent, after throwing 17tds 5ints with such a depleted team.
    I feel ya--but didn't 2 of our starting receivers quit because they weren't getting any touches?

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Summary (combined) offensive stats for the two spring scrimmages are below. Some players only recorded stats in one game.

Passing:
    Ensminger 26 of 39, 277 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT
    Jenkins 10 of 12, 81 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT
    Cameron 11 of 21, 99 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT
    Raulston 3 of 12, 22 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT

Rushing:
    Falls 8 carries for 105 yards, 2 TD
    Creer 18 carries for 87 yards, 1 TD
    Fitte 13 carries for 48 yards, 0 TD
    Morrow 9 carries for 39 yards, 0 TD
    Broussard 11 carries for 30 yards, 0 TD
    Ensminger 5 carries for 28 yards, 0 TD
    Cameron 7 carries for 2 yards, 1 TD
    Jenkins 1 carry for 6 yards, 0 TD
    Betts 4 carries for -7 yards, 0 TD

Receiving:
    St. Julien 2 rec for 94 yards, 1 TD
    Jackson 4 rec for 80 yards, 1 TD
    Paige 6 rec for 56 yards, 1 TD
    Spence 6 rec for 50 yards, 0 TD
    Williams 5 rec for 44 yards, 0 TD
    Slack 5 rec for 37 yards, 0 TD
    Gru 4 rec for 33 yards, 0 TD
    Harper 6 rec for 31 yards, 0 TD
    Morrow 2 rec for 15 yards, 0 TD
    Linster 3 rec for 14 yards, 0 TD
    Fitte 1 rec for 5 yards, 0 TD
    Scurria 1 rec for 5 yards, 0 TD
    Creer 1 rec for -6 yards, 0 TD

If I added it up correctly, that is 151 plays and a 50/50 run-pass ratio. Not saying this is how it will be in a game, but so far I like the balance.

Champ nytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I feel ya--but didn't 2 of our starting receivers quit because they weren't getting any touches?
    Nah they quit because they had bad attitudes, didn't run the right routes, and had selfish ways of thinking. Therefore their playing time and plays called their ways decreased. Instead of communicating their problems like men, they took the unfortunate lesser road and parted ways. But those two wouldn't even see 3rd string this year, so it really didn't matter because both were really never good players IMO.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by nytetyme View Post
    Nah they quit because they had bad attitudes, didn't run the right routes, and had selfish ways of thinking. Therefore their playing time and plays called their ways decreased. Instead of communicating their problems like men, they took the unfortunate lesser road and parted ways. But those two wouldn't even see 3rd string this year, so it really didn't matter because both were really never good players IMO.
    I agree they wouldn't sniff the field with this group. My point is that Ross needs to allow these guys to make plays instead of just settling for the easiest throw.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I agree they wouldn't sniff the field with this group. My point is that Ross needs to allow these guys to make plays instead of just settling for the easiest throw.
    +1. I think that is a Dooley thing that has to get out of his system. Gotta try to win, can't play "not to lose."

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

No, they quit because they are quitters and losers. We don't need guys like that on this team.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

the way you guys talk about our offense, i think we're all going to be disappointed if we don't score at least 40 in every game. also makes me worry about the defense.

+ Reply to Thread