+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Thursday Practice Report

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Thursday Practice Report

Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    You can't argue that we have had probably better starting WRs (i.e. Troy Edwards and Roger Carr). I am merely talking about the depth.

I hope the depth is there as recent history is that most of the WRs will miss games because of injuries. I don't remember the Carr, Tilley, Edwards types missing many games, but that may be beause of a foggy memory. Our biggest issue is getting the ball in their hands at the right time in the right spot.

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    I have doubts that we have any one WR as good as Troy on the roster. But, we have deeper talent at WR and RB than when Troy was here. Not at QB though, and that is the big difference.
    We can always rely on one of our beancounter's for an accurate post.

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    You can't argue that we have had probably better starting WRs (i.e. Troy Edwards and Roger Carr). I am merely talking about the depth.
    When you talk about skill players on O it is hard to top some of M14's teams. Until these guys do it on the field, I'll take Carr, Barber, Tilley, McDaniel and Harper as one of the best groups ever. There was depth there also, although I get confused on who graduated when.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

I knew I'd catch hell with the Troy/Casey comment, and rightfully so. But for those of you who have not had the pleasure of watching Mr. Casey in the 12 practices that I have, all I have to say to you is get ready. Folks, I'm not exaggerating when I say this, he is a threat to score on any given play. Good times are ahead.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    I knew I'd catch hell with the Troy/Casey comment, and rightfully so. But for those of you who have not had the pleasure of watching Mr. Casey in the 12 practices that I have, all I have to say to you is get ready. Folks, I'm not exaggerating when I say this, he is a threat to score on any given play. Good times are ahead.
    How are his knees? Is he already making the cuts he needs to make?

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    How are his knees? Is he already making the cuts he needs to make?
    Yeah, IMO, his knees are fine. They just aren't allowing any contact below the waist on him. Now whether he plays in the spring game is up to Sonny. Personally, I hope he doesn't play, we'll have plenty of opportunities in the fall to watch.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I would be fine if we held richie out of all contact in spring and took it easy in the summer too.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Richie Casey, Tim Molton, Tyrone Duplessis, Myke Compton, Justin Goodman, & probably Jaccari Jackson ( hammy on Tuesday of this week ) will all probably MISS the spring game.

Damon has told me that he is completely changing his conditioning routines this summer to account for all of the running that is now done in practice. We hit the field running, especially the receivers & defensive backs, and do not stop until the practice ends, with very little rest in between all the running.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    I hope you are right. as of right now, Casey has 0 catches as a collegiate player while TE won the Belitnkof (butchered the spelling i know) award.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post
    Richie Casey, Tim Molton, Tyrone Duplessis, Myke Compton, Justin Goodman, & probably Jaccari Jackson ( hammy on Tuesday of this week ) will all probably MISS the spring game.

Damon has told me that he is completely changing his conditioning routines this summer to account for all of the running that is now done in practice. We hit the field running, especially the receivers & defensive backs, and do not stop until the practice ends, with very little rest in between all the running.
    I guess I feel better now having to work on saturday. Its ok though, I will be able to make the french quarter fest now!

+ Reply to Thread