View Poll Results: Best Outdoor Furniture Material?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cast Aluminum

12 46.15%
  • Cedar

6 23.08%
  • Teak

7 26.92%
  • Weathered Wicker

1 3.85%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Outdoor Furniture Material

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Best Outdoor Furniture Material

Trying to decide what to buy. Will be on a slate patio, so I didn't include wrought iron. What do y'all think?

P.S. - Forgot Cypress

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Re: Best Outdoor Furniture Material

I would buy cast aluminum.

I have owned weave, strap, and fabric materials. There is a place in Shreveport where you can buy this stuff and they spray paint it to look like wrought iron or another material. The stuff is indestructible.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

If you buy cushioned stuff, go to lowe's and buy one of those "suncast" outdoor storage bins to keep the cushions in. We only put ours out when we need them.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Try the Martha Stewart collection at home depots. Look it up online. good stuff. inexpensive

Big Dog Red's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the rough Red's Better's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Trying to decide what to buy. Will be on a slate patio, so I didn't include wrought iron. What do y'all think?

P.S. - Forgot Cypress
    Wife and I just built a pool so I have been looking at this crap for a while. I would definitely go with cast aluminum for the upkeep. I have talked with many who have teak and it is impossible to keep up with.

There is also some new outdoor whicker material that is supposed to be very durable and it looks nice.

I dont know what your budget is, but we just decided to go with a brand called hannity. They have some pretty good looking stuff that lasts. And you wont have to take out a loan.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Why not iron on a slate patio?
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Why not iron on a slate patio?
    I'm probably just being a little paranoid, but I'm worried about cracking the slate. It may be fine now that it is in place, but that stuff was REAL fragile while I was installing it.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Gotcha. I have iron on my slate and it occasionally chips a piece or two off but not enough to worry about. Just wanted to make sure that there wasn't some sort of iron/slate reaction that would tear a whole in the time/space continuum.:icon_wink:
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Big Dog Sw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to all Sw's Avatar

I voted cast aluminum because I have had mine for years and it still looks new,but you will get years out of teak or cedar as well. It is kind of hard to find a really bad product these days.

+ Reply to Thread