+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TX Wesleyan Series Game 2

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

TX Wesleyan Series Game 2

Tech had a 6 run 3rd inning, one of which was a Dageford homerun.
    5 innings complete, Tech is up 6-0.

Bottom of the 6th, Roliard with a two RBI double. Tech up 8-0.
    New pitcher for Tech in the 7th is "Will Alllllllllviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssss". :icon_wink:

With the bases loaded Joey Ford hit a two RBI single to win via 10 run rule.
    FINAL: Tech 10 - TWU 0

Second game of today's double header starts ~3:30 PM.
    Last edited by DogsWin; 04-03-2010 at 02:53 PM.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Re: TX Wesleyan Series Game 2

very nice. We need to be beating these kind of teams by 10 runs.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Three outstanding defensive plays in this game. SportsCenter highlights-worthy plays by the Tech shortstop and third baseman. I don't care who we were playing those were unbelievable defensive plays. Also a super diving catch of a sinking liner by the Tech center fielder. Some really good defense being played by the Dawgs.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Three outstanding defensive plays in this game. SportsCenter highlights-worthy plays by the Tech shortstop and third baseman. I don't care who we were playing those were unbelievable defensive plays. Also a super diving catch of a sinking liner by the Tech center fielder. Some really good defense being played by the Dawgs.
    I was impressed by the defense/catching in all 3 games. Even with big leads our guys played defense like it was a close game. We seem to have really good range in the outfield and infield. The infielders made several outstanding plays.

I think one of our outfielders was hiding his arm strength/accuracy from the opposition on throws back to the infield that didn't matter. He never had the opportunity to uncork one but I think he had them setup.

In game 2, their pitcher looked in control the first time through our lineup. I think only the 9 hitter scratched out a hit. Our hitters seem to adjust to him on their second time up and we hit the ball solidly into gaps. I think we had 5 or 6 straight hits in the 3rd inning.

It was a good weekend series with great weather.

+ Reply to Thread