+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tech Football Family

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Tech Football Family

This stuff really makes a person proud of our team, Tech fan or not.
    http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/2...ring-scrimmage

Jenkins was with the team and competing to keep his job as Tech's starting quarterback when spring practice began on March 17, and the next day his father suffered a fatal stroke.

He missed the next six practices to be with his family in Houston. He returned to practice on Monday. He said he was overwhelmed with support from the Tech family, including Dykes and offensive coordinator Tony Franklin, who visited Jenkins's family.
    "I really couldn't have asked or expected any better," Jenkins said. "Coach Dykes and Coach Franklin came down to my house in Houston last Tuesday, and had lunch with me, my mom, my brother, and my sister. That was the one day off from practice here, and they're making the five-hour drive — not even flying, they made a five-hour drive down — and stayed about two hours for lunch and then made a five-hour drive back up here."

"The whole team has been so supportive. I got countless texts and phone calls from everybody on the team, and when I came back they welcomed me with open arms. I couldn't have asked to be on a more supportive team."

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Re: Tech Football Family

Class act on by everyone involved

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice........... Great to have a class coach (s) and a class team.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

The hiring of Dooley was a good thing for our program, but, I beleve the hiring of Dykes will turn out to be greater in many ways.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    The hiring of Dooley was a good thing for our program, but, I beleve the hiring of Dykes will turn out to be greater in many ways.
    I look at it as a 2 step process. We needed one and then the next. Perfect timing for both.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to see that our whole program can keep things in perspective. RJ will remember the support shown to him and his family during this time more than any support we give him on the field. I know that some don't, but it would be awesome if all the guys graduated feeling the same way.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I don't think DD would have driven to Houston like Sonny did. I just don't see him doing that. I am really liking this Sonny Dykes as a person and as an example for our players.

I am wishing Ross all the best in his life on and off the field.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Fans don't always understand the personal connection that exists between coaches and players, and that connection lasts a lifetime.

My dad is 65 years old and coached for 40 years. Many times I saw dads come to watch their sons play for him, but my dad was the first person they wanted to talk to, because he was also their coach. Regardless of Ross Jenkins' football future, this is something that he will never forget.

This article shows a few things. First, that our coaching staff understand their role, not only as coaches, but also as mentors to our players. Second, since they did not advertise the fact that they visited Ross and his family, it shows that they did this for the right reason.

We definitely have great people on our coaching staff, and Reneau, Van de Velde, and Dykes have done a great job of hiring the right type of people. Everything is in place, now, we just need to win.

Varsity Bulldog Coachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    Fans don't always understand the personal connection that exists between coaches and players, and that connection lasts a lifetime.

My dad is 65 years old and coached for 40 years. Many times I saw dads come to watch their sons play for him, but my dad was the first person they wanted to talk to, because he was also their coach. Regardless of Ross Jenkins' football future, this is something that he will never forget.

This article shows a few things. First, that our coaching staff understand their role, not only as coaches, but also as mentors to our players. Second, since they did not advertise the fact that they visited Ross and his family, it shows that they did this for the right reason.

We definitely have great people on our coaching staff, and Reneau, Van de Velde, and Dykes have done a great job of hiring the right type of people. Everything is in place, now, we just need to win.

StrayDawg---Your Dad was one of the best football coaches that I ever had the honor to compete against as a coach. However, he was such a nice friendly person to know as a FRIEND. I have the utmost respect for your Dad as a coach and as a person. His teams really loved to play hard for him and won most of the time. He had a great coaching career.

I can't believe he is a "card carrier". My, I must be getting old.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I look at it as a 2 step process. We needed one and then the next. Perfect timing for both.

Correct!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I agree. But I wonder if Ross heard anything from Derek Dooley during this ordeal? Afterall, the two of them shared a lot of special moments the over last 3 years.

Kudos to Sonny Dykes and Tony Franklin. Those men are doing ALL the right things. We are fortunate to have them. This is also the kind of character building stuff that makes kids WANT to play hard for them.

HD

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coachdawg View Post
    StrayDawg---Your Dad was one of the best football coaches that I ever had the honor to compete against as a coach. However, he was such a nice friendly person to know as a FRIEND. I have the utmost respect for your Dad as a coach and as a person. His teams really loved to play hard for him and won most of the time. He had a great coaching career.

I can't believe he is a "card carrier". My, I must be getting old.
    Thanks Coach. I'll pass that along.

I usually talk him and my mother into attending at least one football game each year, so I will let you know next time I get him to Ruston.

HD, I wonder the same thing. Hopefully Ross heard from him.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

No truer words have been posted.

To this day when I bump into a former player, like at WalMart, it is so special for them to call me "Coach" and state they would like for me to coach their kids too. That is a tribute beyond description. Means a lot to hear things like that.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

This is what makes teams great. It's not good players. It's not good fans. It's a good family.
    You could have a team of Heisman winners and a million screaming fans at every game. But if there's no family, there's no team.

Win or lose this season, we've got a family. And that's greatness, no matter who comes out with the W.

+ Reply to Thread