+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Championship gameday!

Champ KDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really nice

Re: Championship gameday!

I had the 59 right! Glad my Dukies won! But great job Butler, love watching yall play!

Varsity Bulldog Iceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the rough

Big Grin Re: Championship gameday!

Quote Originally Posted by justincad View Post
    remember that charge that was called on butler and the bucket was waved off? im just sayin...

YUP, My thoughts exactly!!!!

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KDawg33 View Post
    Glad my Dukies won!
    Traitor!

Champ KDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    Traitor!

I wont lie i love Duke, but I love my Dawgs more!

Big Dog kdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by justincad View Post
    remember that charge that was called on butler and the bucket was waved off? im just sayin...
    Or the 10 minute field goal drought

Or missed FTs

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

it was a great game. very hard fought on both sides. the two teams laid it all on the line and deserve kudos. i was certainly wrong when i said duke by double digits. butler deserves all the credit in the world. why can't that be us???
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I was hoping for a Villanova repeat, and we almost had it. That 10 minute drought really hurt them, but you have to respect what Butler did. That doesn't make it hurt any less for those kids right now, but they played a hell of a tournament.

Professor, I think one thing separates teams like Butler and La. Tech....attitude. When Butler steps on the court, they truly believe they have a chance to beat anybody. I don't think our guys have that, and they are not the only ones. A lot of teams get the "deer in the headlights" look when they play Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, etc. I don't know what it takes to overcome that problem, but if we can find the key, we could do big things.

When Crowton was our head football coach, our football team had that approach. By the time Bicknell got through with them, they didn't even believe they could beat Boise (even though we had never lost to Boise until 2002).

Big Dog kdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    it was a great game. very hard fought on both sides. the two teams laid it all on the line and deserve kudos. i was certainly wrong when i said duke by double digits. butler deserves all the credit in the world. why can't that be us???

Sure would be nice...just to think about it gives me chills.

But to answer the question, I think the two biggest things are money and resources. Here is an interesting take on midmajors.

http://www.midmajority.com/2010/03/x...all-school.php

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    I was hoping for a Villanova repeat, and we almost had it. That 10 minute drought really hurt them, but you have to respect what Butler did. That doesn't make it hurt any less for those kids right now, but they played a hell of a tournament.

Professor, I think one thing separates teams like Butler and La. Tech....attitude. When Butler steps on the court, they truly believe they have a chance to beat anybody. I don't think our guys have that, and they are not the only ones. A lot of teams get the "deer in the headlights" look when they play Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, etc. I don't know what it takes to overcome that problem, but if we can find the key, we could do big things.

When Crowton was our head football coach, our football team had that approach. By the time Bicknell got through with them, they didn't even believe they could beat Boise (even though we had never lost to Boise until 2002).
    The thing that separated Butler from all but one team in the country was.......... LOCK DOWN DEFENSE. Maybe that comes from this attitude that you speak of, but wherever it comes from that is what made them a GREAT team. They were as good of a defensive team as I have seen in a long time, and Duke wasn't too shabby either.

The old saw stands. Defense wins championships!

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kdk008 View Post
    Sure would be nice...just to think about it gives me chills.

But to answer the question, I think the two biggest things are money and resources. Here is an interesting take on midmajors.

http://www.midmajority.com/2010/03/x...all-school.php
    good link.....Tulane is on the path for step one....will be interesting to see what they do with the rest of athletics.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I underestimated Duke's toughness. After Butler's continual "gut checks," Duke kept answering the bell. The team with the most points EARNED that game.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Close, but no.
    Yeah -

Really struggled with those final two pts....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I was pulling for Butler. Watched from a bar in Austin and the whole place was going for Butler - everybody loves the underdog. Butler almost had it......... It was nothing to hang their heads about, though. They played Duke to the wire and came away victors in my mind.

Varsity Bulldog Iceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the rough

Wink Re: Championship gameday!

Amen Brother:icon_wink:

+ Reply to Thread