+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Donovan McNabb Trade

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Football Donovan McNabb Trade

What do you guys think?

I think it's the dumbest trade I have seen since the Saints traded their whole draft for Ricky Williams (and that's coming from a Saints fan). Ironically, Donovan was drafted that same day, and Philly fans booed the pick because the wanted Ricky Williams.

It is particularly dumb considering that they traded him within the division. This makes the Redskins a much better team and officially puts the Eagles in rebuilding mode, in my opinion.

What do you Cowboys fans think? This really changes your division.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Re: Donovan McNabb Trade

From a blog i did on our website.

The City of Brotherly Love? My A$%

I don’t know what it is in particular about the city of Philadelphia that I don’t like. Don’t get me wrong I enjoy a good cheese steak and it’s the city that gave wrestling fans ecw, but I think that’s where our love affair ends.

This is a city the prides themselves on being the tough guy. They carry a swagger that they can take on anybody, anyplace, anywhere. Maybe that’s what I don’t like them. I mean there are tough people everywhere. Hell in Louisiana we have humidity, hurricanes, and the murder capitol of the country. Now that’s tough.

Maybe I don’t like them because this is the city that booed Santa Clause. Santa Freaking Clause. Of all mythical figures this guy is the king. All he wants to do is bring happiness to boys and girls all over the world and the Philly fans boo him. I guess I forgot that the grinch is green.

Maybe its because they cheered when Michael Irvin broke his neck in Veterans stadium. Look im no cowboy fan but to cheer someone when they are down on the field is as bad as it get’s let alone when he isn’t moving. Classless.

Or just maybe it’s the fact they have booed the man who has kept the franchise relevant for the last decade from the moment he was drafted. April 17, 1999. Paul Tagliabue takes the stage and announces, “With the second overall pick in the 1999 draft the Philadelphia Eagles select Donovan Mcnabb ..Quarterback. Syracuse.” With that a chorus of boos erupt from the Radio City Music Hall crowd. For Donovan Mcnabb it didn’t get much better. Philly fans ignored the fact that he took them to numerous NFC championship games and a super bowl. They ignored the fact that he owns every passing record in franchise history. No matter what Donovan Mcnabb did he could never win over the crowd, they wanted change, and on Easter 2010 they got it, Mcnabb was traded to the Washington Redskins and the Kevin Kolb era begins. So congratulations Philly fans you finally got rid of the man you didn’t want 11 years ago.

I hope you enjoy the yearly beating that the man you never wanted gives you. And to be honest it couldn’t happen to a better place. As Earl would say, “It’s called Karma.”

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I agree with your sentiment. I have a few good friends who are Philly fans, and most of them still live in Philly. I have talked to all of them, and none of them said it was a bad idea. They are either happy about it or "torn" and don't know what to think.

I think it's just plain stupid. Trading him within the division moves Philly down and moves Washington up. Moreover, even if he had been traded to another division, why do Eagles fans think this is an upgrade? Nothing against Kolb, but how has he proven himself? The Eagles offense has never been a great rushing attack, but they were pretty good because of Brian Westbook. They are a passing offense built around McNabb. Now, they have no Westbrook and no McNabb. Their offensive live is degraded, they have a completely unproven offensive backfield. One of McNabb's best traits was his ability to run away from the pass rush, and Kolb admitted in his press conference that he can't do that as well as McNabb. This whole thing is a recipe for disaster, but I agree with you that Philly fans are going to get what they deserve.

I say the Eagles go 8-8 at best this season, and the Redskins could have a 10 or 12 win season.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

My husband is a die hard Redskin fan- he is very happy about the trade. Campbell was a bust and should have never been picked as a number 1 draft choice - they even traded up to get him. He may thrive in someone else's system, but has never been good for the Redskins. McNabb is certainly an upgrade for them. I read an article talking about how he refused to talk to any other teams that wanted him- the Bills and I can't remember who else. He threatened to retire and they let him win. I would have let him retire rather than hold me hostage over the trade. Clearly Phil. was the loser here, but did get a second round pick to help compensate. I think it was a bad trade, but I always like it when the Skins win (unless playing the Saints) - my house is a happier place on Sunday afternoons.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Sure, I'll be the voice of contention.

I like this for Philadelphia, barring an utter disaster of a pick at 37 overall. By every account out of that joint, Kolb has been lights out in practice. Now, of course, its practice (practice, man!), but if you believe that your quarterback of the future is ready, then your goal should be to maximize the value of your current starter. With these three picks, the Eagles did that. If Kolb, a guy they drafted at the top of the second round, truly is ready, and everyone seems to think he is, then you have to go with it.

Trading him within the Division is pretty dumb, but the Skins have nothing at wideout. 3 solid-to-good RBs, but an old, garbage-ass offensive line and no exterior threat. They won't win enough games to contend. They'll draft a LT at 4 overall, start him, and DeMarcus, Usi, and company will absolutely hammer him all season.

So, because they got some pretty great capital for Donovon, Kolb is ready, and Washington will be in the tank this year regardless, I like this pick for Philadelphia.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    Sure, I'll be the voice of contention.

I like this for Philadelphia, barring an utter disaster of a pick at 37 overall. By every account out of that joint, Kolb has been lights out in practice. Now, of course, its practice (practice, man!), but if you believe that your quarterback of the future is ready, then your goal should be to maximize the value of your current starter. With these three picks, the Eagles did that. If Kolb, a guy they drafted at the top of the second round, truly is ready, and everyone seems to think he is, then you have to go with it.

Trading him within the Division is pretty dumb, but the Skins have nothing at wideout. 3 solid-to-good RBs, but an old, garbage-ass offensive line and no exterior threat. They won't win enough games to contend. They'll draft a LT at 4 overall, start him, and DeMarcus, Usi, and company will absolutely hammer him all season.

So, because they got some pretty great capital for Donovon, Kolb is ready, and Washington will be in the tank this year regardless, I like this pick for Philadelphia.
    Except that Mcnabb was good and never had WR's minus a year with TO and DJ. I'll go with Washington scalping Philly 2X and the eagles no better than 7-9. I look at the eagles roster and its Lesean Mccoy and Desean Jackson..And thats...about...it. Again Mcnabb and Westbrook the only reason the eagles have been relevant.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Except that Mcnabb was goodand never had WR's minus a year with TO and DJ. I'll go with Washington scalping Philly 2X and the eagles no better than 7-9. I look at the eagles roster and its Lesean Mccoy and Desean Jackson..And thats...about...it.
    Sella caught 79 passes last year. The O-line is beast. McCoy will be a Top 10 Fantasy guy.

This is all speculative of course, but the Eagles will finish .500 or better in 2010 and the Redskins will not. I'll bookmark this thread and bump it after the season regardless.

It seems to me that several aren't giving the Eagles organization nor Andy Reid the credit they deserve. They win. Every single year. That's what they do. Until proven otherwise (by, like I said earlier, making a boneheaded decision at 37, for example), they deserve the benefit of the doubt here. They kinda sorta know what they're doing.

Sella caught 79 passes last year. The O-line is beast. McCoy will be a Top 10 Fantasy guy.

This is all speculative of course, but the Eagles will finish .500 or better in 2010 and the Redskins will not. I'll bookmark this thread and bump it after the season regardless.

It seems to me that several aren't giving the Eagles organization nor Andy Reid the credit they deserve. They win. Every single year. That's what they do. Until proven otherwise (by, like I said earlier, making a boneheaded decision at 37, for example), they deserve the benefit of the doubt here. They kinda sorta know what they're doing.

Id be willing to put a hundo down that Mcnabb and skins finish better than philly.

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Id be willing to put a hundo down that Mcnabb and skins finish better than philly.
    Nah, I'm not going to do that.

All I'm going to say is that you are seriously, extremely not taking into consideration the absolutely pathetic state of the Washington Redskin offensive line. To call it horrid last year would be an insult to adjectives.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Cant blame Philadelphia for this move. Get value for McNabb while you can. He might have little left in two years. If they think Kolb can get the job done now, then you have to do it. Even if Washington somehow has a better year this year, I still think the Eagles project better over the next 5 unless the Skins can find someone that will be ready to replace McNabb in two to three years. Even with McNabb, the Skins offense looks pretty poor, the TEs are their best receivers, and who knows how Portis will be this year...I see Washington at 6 to 7 wins, Eagles at 8 to 9.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

According to the article I read- which of course may or may not be accurate- Andy Reid did not want the trade and wanted to keep McNabb even if it meant losing the current QB. It will be interesting to see who wins on this trade - I think it is the Redskins.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    According to the article I read- which of course may or may not be accurate- Andy Reid did not want the trade and wanted to keep McNabb even if it meant losing the current QB. It will be interesting to see who wins on this trade - I think it is the Redskins.
    When comparing who "wins", you have to look at the development of Kolb. You cant just look at McNabb versus the two picks they get. It reminds me of the year in fantasy baseball where I traded Miguel Cabrera for Carl Crawford and everyone laughed at me. Well, I had Chipper as my backup third baseman, and he ended up having a banner year (it was a chance that I took). No one laughed when I ended up 1 or 2 in every offensive category and won the league handily.

Sometimes you are willing to get what seems to be slighted in a trade if you think you have a viable backup to replace the person departing.

However, I dont see how the Eagles could have gotten much more than they did anyway. Who would give up a first round pick for a 33/34 year old QB, who has relied on his escapibility most of his career? I still think McNabb has a couple of years left in the tank, but I dont get the Redskins wanting him. The Redskins were far from good last year, and I dont recall them adding any great FAs. I thought McNabb would be grabbed by a team that was decent last year and looking to get over the hump for the next few years. The Skins are a perfect team to trade him to, except for them being in the division. They will probably just be mediocre with him and where does it leave teh Skins a few years unless they can draft a good QB to replace him?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...abbtrade040410

Here is the article talking about Reid. As far as arguing about the winner- it will not be decided here. We can bump this and see at the end of the season. If they use him to carry them until they get a young QB that can play and they actually win in the process- I am sure they will call it a win. Campbell was horrible- and yes, I watched every single game they played last season. With a QB that can play they will be much improved.

Nah, I'm not going to do that.

All I'm going to say is that you are seriously, extremely not taking into consideration the absolutely pathetic state of the Washington Redskin offensive line. To call it horrid last year would be an insult to adjectives.
    How do you feel about this as a Cowboys fan?

I believe that this makes the Redskins a much better team. If you think that the Eagles will remain competitive, then where does that leave the Boys?

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    How do you feel about this as a Cowboys fan?

I believe that this makes the Redskins a much better team. If you think that the Eagles will remain competitive, then where does that leave the Boys?

I dont know how much "much" is. I think it makes the Skins move up to mediocre and drops the Eagles down a peg. Should help out a team like the Cowboys who should be able to beat both of them at home and away now and go 4-0, where last year they should have be beaten the Skins both times and probably would finish up 1-1 against the eagles. Noted that the Boys went 4-0 last year in the four games, as they should this year. If you asked me at the beginning of the season how they would have done, I would say 3-1, losing to Philly away. Now, I would say they shoulld be 4-0. Of course, the NFL is a limited sample of games, so they could easily go 3-1 or even 2-2 this year in the four games.

+ Reply to Thread