+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Donovan McNabb Trade

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Re: Donovan McNabb Trade

I swear Chandler has a spy chip located in my brain....or maybe it's the other way around?

I agree that it was a good move. Kolb is good.

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    Sure, I'll be the voice of contention.

I like this for Philadelphia, barring an utter disaster of a pick at 37 overall. By every account out of that joint, Kolb has been lights out in practice. Now, of course, its practice (practice, man!), but if you believe that your quarterback of the future is ready, then your goal should be to maximize the value of your current starter. With these three picks, the Eagles did that. If Kolb, a guy they drafted at the top of the second round, truly is ready, and everyone seems to think he is, then you have to go with it.

Trading him within the Division is pretty dumb, but the Skins have nothing at wideout. 3 solid-to-good RBs, but an old, garbage-ass offensive line and no exterior threat. They won't win enough games to contend. They'll draft a LT at 4 overall, start him, and DeMarcus, Usi, and company will absolutely hammer him all season.

So, because they got some pretty great capital for Donovon, Kolb is ready, and Washington will be in the tank this year regardless, I like this pick for Philadelphia.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    I swear Chandler has a spy chip located in my brain....or maybe it's the other way around?

I agree that it was a good move. Kolb is good.

Kolb is good based on what?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I disagree as i think he's learned his lesson finally per running. And the guy has a great arm to sit back and launch rockets. The Skins just need to get him a good LT. The cowgirls and the Saints barely made it out of DC last year. With McNabb those are losses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    It doesn't work that way. You sound like one of those Chicago fans talking about how much better Jay Cutler is than Kyle Orton.
    Not sure what you mean. I do think McNabb will help the Skins immensely.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    BD13,

I see where you are coming from, but I disagree. I had this argument today with a friend who lives in Philly. He said that Donovan is old and injury prone. I agree that he is past his prime, but old is too strong a word. He is one year younger than Peyton Manning and one year older than Tom Brady, but no one thinks of them as headed for retirement. McNabb probably has several good years left in him. McNabb has been injured more than Brady or Manning, but that's because McNabb runs the ball, which the other two never do. Aside from the sports hernia a couple of years ago, he has been in pretty good shape. Doctors have said that the rib injury from last year is healded and not likely to recur.

The biggest factor that we haven't discussed here is Mike Shanahan, and I think that's huge because he is a fantastic coach. Really good coaches make the biggest changes during their first year or two. He will be looking to prove himself after being fired in Denver, and a good QB is the weapon he needed most. Now McNabb has something to prove too. Also, when discussing age, think about this: When Shanahan arrived in Denver, John Elway was two years older than McNabb is right now. Elway had also been banged up, but the two of them went on to win two Superbowls together.
    I disagree on the comment that he is injury prone due to running the ball. If you check his stats he really hasn't been much of a running QB since 2003 or so.

I think it is interesting that in your opinion Romo is holding the Cowboys back while McNabb is helping the Skins because I just checked the stats while looking at McNabb and Romos stats are vastly superior to McNabbs. His career passer rating is as much as 10 points higher.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I disagree on the comment that he is injury prone due to running the ball. If you check his stats he really hasn't been much of a running QB since 2003 or so.
    I think his rush attempts are down, but didnt he tear up his knee this past time scrambling? I dont want to categorize just his pure rushing upfield ability as an asset, his elusiveness in the pocket will also decline greatly over the next couple of years, which is where he is most dangerous, like that 70 yard bomb he threw a couple of years ago after breaking 3 tackles and running around for 15 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    I think his rush attempts are down, but didnt he tear up his knee this past time scrambling? I dont want to categorize just his pure rushing upfield ability as an asset, his elusiveness in the pocket will also decline greatly over the next couple of years, which is where he is most dangerous, like that 70 yard bomb he threw a couple of years ago after breaking 3 tackles and running around for 15 seconds.
    Unfortunately I was there front and center for that one. Made me want to vomit.

Like I said the Eagles weren't going anywhere. It doesn't hurt them much, it just accelerates the rebuilding/reloading process. It makes the Eagles a little worse and the Skins a little better.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is interesting that in your opinion Romo is holding the Cowboys back while McNabb is helping the Skins because I just checked the stats while looking at McNabb and Romos stats are vastly superior to McNabbs. His career passer rating is as much as 10 points higher.
    McNabb helps the Skins because he's better then Campbell. Romo holds the cowboys back because he chokes under pressure and isn't a leader for them.

McNabb helps the Skins because he's better then Campbell. Romo holds the cowboys back because he chokes under pressure and isn't a leader for them.
    Romo doesn't choke under pressure. And he is better than McNabb. The stats aren't even close. Speaking of choking under pressure I seem to remember McNabb vomiting in the huddle because he was so nervous. Again you have no credibility in any comments you make regarding the Cowboys. You hate too much to make any clear judgements on them.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

You can't just plug in a "better" qb into any team and suddenly predict more wins. How will McNabb fit into the new system? How will the other teams adapt to the new system? If you don't believe me, think back to all those Chicago fans and how they were saying that Jay Cutler would be such a big improvement to Kyle Orton and how much better the Bears were going to be.

It just doesn't work that way.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Unfortunately I was there front and center for that one. Made me want to vomit.

Like I said the Eagles weren't going anywhere. It doesn't hurt them much, it just accelerates the rebuilding/reloading process. It makes the Eagles a little worse and the Skins a little better.
    Agreed, the Eagles are looking down the road, hoping they will give a couple wins this year for many future wins years down the road. You give up McNabb and maybe he has a couple of good years left and torches you a few times. You give up Kolb and he ends up being good, and that ends up torching you for the next 10 years. Not making a prediction on Kolb, but just the value of the option on him is worth a lot more than McNabb's absolute worth. Not to mention the picks that they are compensated with that will not be there next year when they want to unload McNabb.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    You can't just plug in a "better" qb into any team and suddenly predict more wins. How will McNabb fit into the new system? How will the other teams adapt to the new system? If you don't believe me, think back to all those Chicago fans and how they were saying that Jay Cutler would be such a big improvement to Kyle Orton and how much better the Bears were going to be.

It just doesn't work that way.
    You are right that it doesn't work by plugging a better QB into an existing system. But, as I mentioned in an earlier post, the part of this that people are not considering is Mike Shanahan. Actually they are putting a better QB into a new system with a new coaching staff. His son Kyle Shanahan will be his OC, and he has done a pretty good job in Houston in recent years.

They still need to beef up their O-line, so I don't know what to expect from them, but I do expect them to be much better than last year. My prediction for the Skins is 8-8 at least, maybe a 10 or 12 win season if they get a few breaks. I believe Philly will be 8-8 at best, possibly worse.

Romo doesn't choke under pressure. And he is better than McNabb. The stats aren't even close. Speaking of choking under pressure I seem to remember McNabb vomiting in the huddle because he was so nervous. Again you have no credibility in any comments you make regarding the Cowboys. You hate too much to make any clear judgements on them.
    McNabb's arm and leadership has put the Eagles into the NFC Championship game 5 of the last 10 years. Romo and the cowboys ZERO. Your cowboy hate for McNabb and the Eagles clouds your judgement.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Kolb is good based on what?
    Stats and practice. Having drafted Donovan in Fantasy I kept good track of Kolb.

I played Kolb one week when McNabb was out - mega points! He is good. Too good to be a backup. It's a better deal for the money than McNabb.

They were going to lose one of them, so they kept the one who costs a lot less but is still good.

I hope the other fantasy players in my money league undervalue the Philly players so I can get them.

+ Reply to Thread