+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Question About Dooley

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Re: Question About Dooley

If we were about to go to war with Russia then I would want Dooley as one of our generals. The guy hates to lose....and at UT he'll have the resources to win and bring that program back to the national level.

Does he suck as a person.....yes......but our football program is better now than when he got here......much better.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    Dooley would sell his mother to the devil in order to be the best D1A football coach and have the best D1A team. He will not fail due to a lack of effort. I think he will go on to do great things at UT.
    Nice cliche usage, but I doubt he'd do that to Barbara. She's part of the Dooley package. You get him, you get her and her radio show with Finebaum (a Vol alum in the middle of Alabama radio).
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

I live a few hundred miles from Ruston, so I never saw the egotistical side of Dooley that some on the board said he had. He was always great in press conferences and on the weekly talk show. Unlike Sabin, he courted the media during the conferences, but he did restrict access to the players.

I know we had some kids leave the program in the middle of the year, so he must have a hard side to him, but the team as a whole seemed to think a lot of him, because they played really hard.

His mother is a great interview, and his wife was selling "breast cancer T shirts" under the stadium at one of the games. When you get Dooley you get the whole package.

All in all he did great things for Tech, so I can only wish him the best.

I have lived in Alabama long enough that it is tough for me to root for Tennessee, but it will be hard to root against Dooley, so I guess he has put me in an uncomfortable spot. My wife is a big Alabama fan. I may not be able to say "Go Vols" but it will be hard to root against your team.

Bulldog Dawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawg87_wp Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Dawg87_wp's Avatar

I think he did an admirable job pulling double duty as AD & head coach. I liked his personality & the what he accomplished on & off the field. Saying that though, I expect a head football coach to finish w/in the top 4 of the WAC. He didn't accomplish that...maybe in time he would have. I'm surprised TN hired him, but I wish him & the TN faithful the best except when you play any LA schools. How does TN define success? If that means finishing 3rd or 4th in the SEC East division, Dooley can accomplish that. Of course, I think TN wants better results which will put Dooley out in a couple of years.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BIG DOG28 View Post
    I for one am glad Dooley is gone and we have Sonny Dykes as our head coach!!! Dooley will be a good AD but a below average football coach!

completely agree and will back up the comments about his overrated Special Teams coaching. Who would pooch kick every time when the kicker has proved this spring he can put it in the end zone? As a guy who manages the media, keeps his players in line, and gets things done he is great. As a coach I think TENN will be looking elsewhere in 3 years. He was good for TECH because he was better than what we had. He will not be better than who we got to replace him.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg87_wp View Post
    I think he did an admirable job pulling double duty as AD & head coach. I liked his personality & the what he accomplished on & off the field. Saying that though, I expect a head football coach to finish w/in the top 4 of the WAC. He didn't accomplish that...maybe in time he would have. I'm surprised TN hired him, but I wish him & the TN faithful the best except when you play any LA schools. How does TN define success? If that means finishing 3rd or 4th in the SEC East division, Dooley can accomplish that. Of course, I think TN wants better results which will put Dooley out in a couple of years.
    He didn't?

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

tied 4th, tied 2nd, 5th?

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

cat pretty much took everything posted on here word for word and put it on volnation.com

Puppy tennesseevols has turned a few heads around heretennesseevols has turned a few heads around heretennesseevols has turned a few heads around here

"cat pretty much took everything posted on here word for word and put it on volnation.com"

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tennesseevols View Post
    "cat pretty much took everything posted on here word for word and put it on volnation.com"

ahhhh

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    cat pretty much took everything posted on here word for word and put it on volnation.com
    So, pretty much everything posted on here was the truth. I was surprised we were that complimentary of Dooley.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Who furnished you with the new avatar? I'm calling my attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Who furnished you with the new avatar? I'm calling my attorney.

google images :icon_wink:

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

My take on Precious:

Arrogant SOB that is not afraid to step on any toes, and I mean ANY.

Blue Chipper or not, he will send a kid packing in a new york minute.

Awesome AD.

Questionable coaching ability, especially 4th qtr decisions.

Ultra conservative game plans.

Good luck!

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    My take on Precious:

Arrogant SOB that is not afraid to step on any toes, and I mean ANY.

Blue Chipper or not, he will send a kid packing in a new york minute.

Awesome AD.

Questionable coaching ability, especially 4th qtr decisions.

Ultra conservative game plans.

Good luck!

Not so sure about point #2.... it seems like he is willing to allow players to clean up their act. The Renaldo Melancon experiment comes to mind... that dude had plenty of rope to hang himself when he ultimately did.

Another FYI... his name is now off the list of Tech Team 100 on the website. There goes any speculation of him living up to his commitment.

+ Reply to Thread