+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Baseball. Tech Takes on LSUS at Fair Grounds Field - latechsports.com

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Re: Baseball. Tech Takes on LSUS at Fair Grounds Field - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Jim Jones massacre. Probably before you were born. Jones had a cult following and told them to drink kool aid laced with arsenic (I think). They all died. From that day on anybody who just "goes with the flow" is called a kool aid drinker.
    Yeah that was 1978, seven years before being born. I do not go with the flow, however. I just understand the game of baseball and realize it is not a game that lends itself to perfection.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    Yeah that was 1978, seven years before being born. I do not go with the flow, however. I just understand the game of baseball and realize it is not a game that lends itself to perfection.
    Bingo. That's what I've been trying to say. My law degree was just getting in the way.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Jim Jones massacre. Probably before you were born. Jones had a cult following and told them to drink kool aid laced with arsenic (I think). They all died. From that day on anybody who just "goes with the flow" is called a kool aid drinker.

I'm joining the type A folks for baseball. No way we win the WAC with our pitching staff. .500 should get us in the tournament. Hope we get hot in the end and don't lose another pitcher before then.
    I have not made a prediction about the season. This dicussion is all about the significance of a week day game.

What I can say without a doubt is that because of pitching staff concerns, we certainly did not need to be using any potential contributors in the LSUS game.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Which group is that? Dawg80, bleaux66, dawgdude? That group? If you join that group, you're only allowed to come over to the baseball forum following a loss. That's how they operate. Also, you're not allowed to go to games or support the baseball team in any way.
    I don't think the group so upset about the loss in S'Port is in that group. The type "A" group like to call themselves realist. I'm think I'm being realistic when I don't over expect with our pitching staff.

The Sheveport loss meant nothing.

I'm not totally dissapointed in splitting the series this weekend, but I am dissapointed in the errors that were made on Saturday. Nobody is sicker about the errors than the ones who made them. They've just got to suck it up.

I don't think the group so upset about the loss in S'Port is in that group. The type "A" group like to call themselves realist. I'm think I'm being realistic when I don't over expect with our pitching staff.

I'm not totally dissapointed in splitting the series this weekend, but I am dissapointed in the errors that were made on Saturday. Nobody is sicker about the errors than the ones who made them. They've just got to suck it up.
    Again, more errors are made when the pitching performances are not good. It is that way at every level.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Again, more errors are made when the pitching performances are not good. It is that way at every level.
    I agree, but in game one on Saturday our pitching was solid. Errors costs us early, then when Dudley came in he had us out of the jam, but we made another one (uncharged btw). Then snowball jumped on them.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

I'm not talking about the LSUS game. I've drawn these conclusions about the one's I mentioned over years of reading this board. Very little knowledge of baseball and just stop by the baseball forum to flame.

As far as you being realistic, yes, the pitching staff is not in great shape. Because of injuries, several people are being called on that were not expected to throw much (or any). A few will definitely have to step up in order for us to compete for the WAC title.

I agree, but in game one on Saturday our pitching was solid. Errors costs us early, then when Dudley came in he had us out of the jam, but we made another one (uncharged btw). Then snowball jumped on them.
    I was coaching myelf that day. There is no doubt that errors will kill good pitching. I must defer to your opinion on that.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    I'm not going to be silenced by name calling. You sound like a damned liberal. Just because I point out the blatantly obvious fact that there is a absolute lack of any logic whatsoever of making a big deal of the LSUS loss does not mean you can lable me as a Koolaid drinker any more than you can lable me with being a racist because I oppose Obamacare.

By the same token, just because we aren't ready to give up on the conference season on the second day of conference season doesn't mean we are Koolaid drinkers. It is lazy debate to lable people like that. Call us what you want, but you are still WRONG.

So, if two are to play that game, you are a band waggoner because you have given up on your team after the second day of conference play. 80 is a band waggoner, 80 is a band waggoner, nanny nanny boo boo.

Again, this whole discussion is just silly.
    Hyper-sensitive, just a tad?

I wasn't paying attention...and didn't know who (whom) RC was replying to...when I made the generic comment aimed at sim's defenders, which yes, I did use the term kool-aid drinkers. I was only referring, in general, to a few posters who think sim is the greatest coach of all time! no matter how many years go by with no post-season trip.

How many years has sim been here(8? 10?) and when might we expect a trip to the NCAAs? I think those are fair questions. And, no, I don't agree it's a silly discussion at all. If sim can't get it done, find someone who can.

I also disagree it's "giving up" on opening conference weekend too. This year is just more of the same losing. This is not his first or second season when one might give him a chance. He's had his chance to build the program.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I was only referring, in general, to a few posters who think sim is the greatest coach of all time! no matter how many years go by with no post-season trip.
    Jim, who are you talking about. I don't think I've ever seen a BB&B post that said this.

Bulldog cdav245 is on top of his/her gamecdav245 is on top of his/her gamecdav245 is on top of his/her gamecdav245 is on top of his/her gamecdav245 is on top of his/her gamecdav245 is on top of his/her gamecdav245 is on top of his/her gamecdav245 is on top of his/her gamecdav245 is on top of his/her gamecdav245 is on top of his/her gamecdav245 is on top of his/her game

It seems like every year their are expectations for the team they end up laying an egg and when the team is suppose to be toward the back of the conference they end up having a solid season. I can't put my finger on Sim's program. I don't want to see him go yet, but I can't say he has my vote of confidence.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Jim, who are you talking about. I don't think I've ever seen a BB&B post that said this.
    The ones who have never reply to simple questions, such as, how many years has sim had to build the program, and who make it a point to call others flamers for daring to point out the obvious.

Of course my use of that expression "greatest coach of all time" is an absurdity designed to illustrate how absurd sim's defenders are. The best anyone can say about sim is he is mediocre.

Yeah, by its nature, baseball is a sport where teams lose games "just because." In the bigs it is said every team wins 60 games, and loses 60 games, it's what they do with the other 42 games that separate winners from losers.

sim's defenders write off losses to LSUS and Alcorn and others as "oh well...that's baseball." Okay....fine....then how about this: wins over Minnesota and the two over SJSU are just because "oh well.....those were just "baseball" losses for those teams, and not "wins" for Tech." Oh! hmmm.....bet many don't like that thought, eh. Sorry, ya can't have it both ways.

His overall career record at Tech is below .500. Like Dooley did for the FB program, I give credit to sim for improving the facilities and making some strides early in his career here to move the baseball program forward. But, at some point, his efforts have to manifest themselves into actually WINNING on the diamond.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dawg80

How many trips to the NCAAs?
    How many WAC titles?
    What is his career record at Tech?
    Just how long does it take to build a program?

What is his career record at Tech? 190-225

135-114 with his own recruits

Didn't I asnwer this earlier?

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    Quote:

What is his career record at Tech? 190-225

135-114 with his own recruits
    How many years of recruiting is that? The juco system in baseball makes it pretty easy to rebuild quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    How many years of recruiting is that? The juco system in baseball makes it pretty easy to rebuild quickly.
    Easy? I'm not saying he has not had enough time to rebuild, but I would have to disagree with it being easy. We were in one hell of a deep hole.

McDonalds - Location, location, location
    Baseball - Pitching, pitching, pitching

+ Reply to Thread