+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball. Tech Takes on LSUS at Fair Grounds Field - latechsports.com

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Baseball. Tech Takes on LSUS at Fair Grounds Field - latechsports.com

I think I'm changing my position on playing the G-men in Shreveport...

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Why did we schedule a NAIA school?
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ odysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the rough

Oh well, it's just one game. Let's just hope they come better prepared this weekend.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

This is worse than losing to Alcorn in Ruston to open the season.

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    This is worse than losing to Alcorn in Ruston to open the season.
    Not at all. The pitcher LSUS threw had a scholorship to NC State out of JUCO, but he got in trouble and the scholorship got taken away from him. I believe LSUS is ranked in the top 20 this year in NAIA. Look at their record

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

Come on guys, yes it was disappointing, but it was one game against a mid week NAIA school. I am impressed that the 23 LSUS fans knew our chant. Hell, I heard more chant Tiger Bait in their purple and yellow shirts than anything else. I guess if I went to a NAIA school, with the letters LSU in the name, I would wear purple and yellow to. Guess they are to stupid to understand that they are the PILOTS and not the Tigers.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Doesn't really matter who you are playing when you make 5 errors and walk 8. Appears several guys got more playing time and pitching opportunities.

I worry more about NAIA teams than D2 or 3. NAIA do not have academic standards that D1 or D2 have in kids qualifying, much looser. They can get some quality players that could not get into D1. NAIA have up to 18 scholarships to give as well.
    Last edited by Designated Hitter; 04-07-2010 at 04:39 AM.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

This year LSUS has one of the best teams they've ever had with a 29-8 record. Like it or not, this is one of those OOC games where Simoneaux plays not really to 'win' but rather to get lots of pitchers warmed up before conference games start. He does this every year. This was likely Tech's highest single-game # of pitcher appearances (8) of the season with just two guys reaching 30 total pitches.

1. LeBreton, 1.1 innings, 33 pitches
    2. Alvis, 1.2 innings, 26 pitches
    3. Jones, 0.2 innings, 19 pitches
    4. Roliard, 1.0 innings, 36 pitches
    5. Dudley, 0.1 innings, 14 pitches
    6. Clements, 1.2 innings, 20 pitches
    7. Jefferson, 0.2 innings, 22 pitches
    8. Breazeale, 1.2 innings, 22 pitches

If he wanted to 'win' Barrett, Bradshaw, or Peterson would have seen some time on the mound.

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

LSUS has some good players. Just because schools are NAIA doesn't mean they cant play. LSUS threw their number 4 starter tonight. Their number 1 is 6'6, and 235 who last played at Utah. He beat Steven Strasburg, the number one draft pick in the 2009 draft, when he was at San Diego State.

Our mysterious BBB'er played well tonight for LSUS also

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Sugercoat it all you want. This was an embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    Sugercoat it all you want. This was an embarrassment.
    Not disagreeing. Just letting everyone know they are better then what people are making them out to be.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

What is Sim's career record? I posted this same question a year or two ago, and no one replied. Gee, I wonder why. I also questioned the quality of the program after Sim was here only a year or two and was lamblasted cuz Sim was personally installing seats at Love Field. "He's building a program," his supporters said. I suggested he be put in charge of facility improvement instead of being the baseball coach. "Give him time," I was told.

You can look up those threads, if you wish. But, I posted then, and reiterate now, I don't see it. You only have to watch the team play a couple of games and you leave wondering, where is the coaching?

But, all of you that predicted Sim would do great things were right. Great things, indeed. So....

How many trips to the NCAAs?
    How many WAC titles?
    What is his career record at Tech?
    Just how long does it take to build a program?

No, seriously, someone? Anyone?

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Do we spend the money it takes to win in baseball?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    This year LSUS has one of the best teams they've ever had with a 29-8 record. Like it or not, this is one of those OOC games where Simoneaux plays not really to 'win' but rather to get lots of pitchers warmed up before conference games start. He does this every year. This was likely Tech's highest single-game # of pitcher appearances (8) of the season with just two guys reaching 30 total pitches.

1. LeBreton, 1.1 innings, 33 pitches
    2. Alvis, 1.2 innings, 26 pitches
    3. Jones, 0.2 innings, 19 pitches
    4. Roliard, 1.0 innings, 36 pitches
    5. Dudley, 0.1 innings, 14 pitches
    6. Clements, 1.2 innings, 20 pitches
    7. Jefferson, 0.2 innings, 22 pitches
    8. Breazeale, 1.2 innings, 22 pitches

If he wanted to 'win' Barrett, Bradshaw, or Peterson would have seen some time on the mound.
    Then Sims should have started one of them. WOW!!! Is Sims just cocky or what.? You grab for every win you can get. This is truly sad to lay an egg like this in Shreveport. He's and the pitching coach are now on my short list of coaches needing to go.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

How many trips to the NCAAs?
    How many WAC titles?
    What is his career record at Tech?
    Just how long does it take to build a program?

What is his career record at Tech? 190-225

135-114 with his own recruits

+ Reply to Thread