+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brown Dense

Varsity Bulldog latech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nice latech80's Avatar

Brown Dense

I understand that this is the basal layer of the Smackover Formation. I also understand that is plentiful and that if it can be tapped into, we may have another significant oil play. Right now, I believe the industry concerns are the ones they're having in other areas of interest, and that is drilling rigs capable of reaching that depth and the concomitant transportation issues that come with exploring in areas not formatted for delivery.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this one!

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Re: Brown Dense

Quote Originally Posted by latech80 View Post
    I understand that this is the basal layer of the Smackover Formation. I also understand that is plentiful and that if it can be tapped into, we may have another significant oil play. Right now, I believe the industry concerns are the ones they're having in other areas of interest, and that is drilling rigs capable of reaching that depth and the concomitant transportation issues that come with exploring in areas not formatted for delivery.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this one!
    i didn't understand half of that, but if it is in the smackover area, why would transportation/infrastructure be an issue?

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    i didn't understand half of that, but if it is in the smackover area, why would transportation/infrastructure be an issue?
    Probably because of lack of road access to this rural area.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

I think I had an incident with one of these last night after a trip to El Jarrito

Varsity Bulldog latech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nice latech80's Avatar

I'm making specific reference to pipelines in rural areas, particularly Claiborne and Union Parishes. This would probably apply to parts of Southern Arkansas, as well.

I apologize for any misunderstanding!

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

I'm making specific reference to pipelines in rural areas, particularly Claiborne and Union Parishes. This would probably apply to parts of Southern Arkansas, as well.

I apologize for any misunderstanding!
    i would have thought that the pipelines would already be there, since there are still a few wells pulling off of the smackover formation (and many that haven't been idle for very long). am i mistaken? i don't know a lot about geology or oil transportation, so i could be way off here.

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    I think I had an incident with one of these last night after a trip to El Jarrito
    tmi

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

i would have thought that the pipelines would already be there
    there are - and new ones...

Over $100 million in new pipelines alone in Claiborne the past two years - same for Union
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Wow. I predict a glut of natural gas. Which would be good for the national economy. Hey! Natural gas could be used as a transportation fuel. And the Administration does not like this because ? A. We enjoy our dependency on foreign oil. B. Its a rich mans game and the admin hates rich people. Or anything that creates real tangible wealth.
    Last edited by JAMROB; 04-06-2010 at 03:11 PM.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by JAMROB View Post
    Wow. I predict a glut of natural gas. Which would be good for the national economy. Hey! Natural gas could be used as a transportation fuel. And the Administration does not like this because ? A. We enjoy our dependency on foreign oil. B. Its a rich mans game and the admin hates rich people. Or anything that creates real tangible wealth.
    It's not just this administration. Don't forget about the Bush's and their oil.

Years ago in Union Parish, Amocco drilled a well that went to 15,000 feet, if memory serves me correctly. At that depth, they must have been going after something pertaining to the Louanna (?) Salt, but I'm not a geologist, so what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by JAMROB View Post
    Wish I knew more about the Brown Dense. Its oil right ? (Oil is trucked. Natural gas is pipelined.) I know alot of people looking at it. Theres an Exxon well in UP with a planned offset. Anybody know about it ? What zone it is completed in. These "resource plays" those that require heavy hydraulic fracturing with hyperbolic decline curves are all very price sensitive.
    I understand somebody has spent over a $1 billion in parts of North Louisiana/stateline area on leases. Is this the big announcement anticipated from Chesapeake in 1Q 2011?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

if it can be tapped
    Is it near Bernice?

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Is it near Bernice?
    I think you're in the general area!

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

I understand somebody has spent over a $1 billion in parts of North Louisiana/stateline area on leases. Is this the big announcement anticipated from Chesapeake in 1Q 2011?
    That would have to be pipline expenditure for one of the pipeline companies or an acquisition of producing leases. You can't spend 1B on new leases in an unproven area. Could have been lease bonus in the shale by somebody. Southwestern Energy buying 550,000 acres in Union Parish. Their 2011 CAPEX for new ventures shows 140M with two wells.
    Last edited by JAMROB; 12-18-2010 at 09:33 AM.

+ Reply to Thread