+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Nikita Johnson to UL Lafayette?

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: Nikita Johnson to UL

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post
    I think if he was talking about Louisville, then he'd have said Louisville...

He said UL. UL is Louisville.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Mike Im pretty sure everyone knows that but no Other school in the state is not and will not recognize them as UL. They are ULL. The University of Louisiana Lafayette. NOT the University of Louisiana. Instead of trying to push that so damn much they need to embrace a unique nickname in ragin cajun and push that instead.
    You'd be surprised, I'm pretty sure, how many McNeese State folks call them UL. Now that's saying something. Quit trying to LSU at them.

All that said, if Nikita is going there, I hate to hear it. We got more work to do.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post
    You'd be surprised, I'm pretty sure, how many McNeese State folks call them UL. Now that's saying something. Quit trying to LSU at them.

All that said, if Nikita is going there, I hate to hear it. We got more work to do.

thats honestly the first time i have heard another school say that.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

We are worried about the ULL vs UL debate and our top recruiter is gone. IF, and I do mean IF DJ Wright plays D1 ball, it will now be in Lafayette, La.....and not here.

This is a BAD loss.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    We are worried about the ULL vs UL debate and our top recruiter is gone. IF, and I do mean IF DJ Wright plays D1 ball, it will now be in Lafayette, La.....and not here.

This is a BAD loss.
    8 days before signing day too.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaSelect View Post
    Guys, its U of Louisiana in Lafayette not Louisville.
    I am still surprised the LSpoo hasn't come down on them for calling themselves the Univ or LA. This is the one case where I would like to see the tiggers win something. Sue, Sue, Sue!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

This is a BAD loss.

I am fairly certain that any of us that are giving some people a hard time over the UL thing aren't going to take BVDV and Coach Rupps attention away from finding a good replacement for Nikita.

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

No need to panic guys. Last time I checked, we werent exactly getting the best players in the state becuase of Johnson. My guess is, Rupp has made it VERY clear, he will not recruit Louisiana players, good or bad, he is the head coach and will have to live with the consequences or reap the rewards if that does or does not work out.

As for the ULL - UL debate, big flip, just becuase McNeese recognizes them as UL, that is the end of the debate and they are UL? Who the heck is McNeese? I promise, Lafayette and Lake Charles are so in another world!

Make no mistake- seperation has occured. Just visit Lafayette and the ULL campus. I went to their "spring game" a couple of weeks ago, because I happen to be in Lafayette and the weather was beautiful. That place should be condemned! It was a rat hole! Then I over heard some boosters talking about the "improvements" that were gong to be made- apparently they are tearing down the upper level of the west side eilminating half of the west side seating- reducing the capacity to 25,000. They are so D1-AA, almost as much as the other "UL"

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

This is a BAD loss.
    If DJ Wright was the type of players Johnson was recruiting, I say let him go. You do not build a program by recruiting JUCOS with grade issues. Wright will never see the basektball floor at the collegiate level. We need to let that ship sale.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogfan1 View Post
    No need to panic guys. Last time I checked, we werent exactly getting the best players in the state becuase of Johnson.
    Johnson was sending guys to Okie State and LSU? Since when can we even out-recruit those guys?

You are completely clueless and anything you say about recruiting should be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    Johnson was sending guys to Okie State and LSU? Since when can we even out-recruit those guys?

You are completely clueless and anything you say about recruiting should be ignored.
    Quick Quiz:

1) Name one recruit that Johnson recruited that has been productive for Louisiana Tech basketball?

2) Better yet, name one recruit that Johnson has recruited that has even made it to the Louisiana Tech campus?

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

If an assistant coach wants to go to another school like ull, he should go. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. I'm sure if Rupp would have wanted to keep him, he could have.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogfan1 View Post
    Quick Quiz:

1) Name one recruit that Johnson recruited that has been productive for Louisiana Tech basketball?

2) Better yet, name one recruit that Johnson has recruited that has even made it to the Louisiana Tech campus?
    Olu Ashaolu.

Mag followed him from LSU.

Kadeem Coleby was coming in next year.

Yonas Berhe was here because of a call from Nikita. We were in desperate need of a PG after the two guys (White and Clark) were kicked off the team.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

No need to start bashing Nikita Johnson just because he is thinking about another job. If someone offers you a job with a higher salary, you have to at least think about it.

Dawg Dude is right that he has brought in several good players for us, and he has been our best recruiter since he has been here. Personally, I hope he stays.

If he does stay, I hope that he is not a "one hit wonder" with recruiting, like Keith Richard was. If he goes, I will have no hard feelings, but I won't wish him well. We need to get every recruit we can.

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    Olu Ashaolu.

Mag followed him from LSU.

Kadeem Coleby was coming in next year.

Yonas Berhe was here because of a call from Nikita. We were in desperate need of a PG after the two guys (White and Clark) were kicked off the team.
    So your answers are:

Quick Quiz:

1) Name one recruit that Johnson recruited that has been productive for Louisiana Tech basketball? None

Olu Ashaolu
    Magnum Rolle (Some of the time)

If that is all we can come up with, ULL can have him! I agree with DONW, if Tech wanted to step up to the plate to keep him, we could have. LSU could have done the same thing when he left Baton Rouge.

+ Reply to Thread