+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Nikita Johnson to UL Lafayette?

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

Re: Nikita Johnson to UL

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    No need to start bashing Nikita Johnson just because he is thinking about another job. If someone offers you a job with a higher salary, you have to at least think about it.

Dawg Dude is right that he has brought in several good players for us, and he has been our best recruiter since he has been here. Personally, I hope he stays.

If he does stay, I hope that he is not a "one hit wonder" with recruiting, like Keith Richard was. If he goes, I will have no hard feelings, but I won't wish him well. We need to get every recruit we can.
    Who? Am I missing something obvious? Seriously guys. Not one player that he has brought to Louisiana Tech has been a player. Olu is on his way, but is still VERY unproven. One player does not make him a GREAT recruiter. My opinion on Rolle, was that he was more of a liability than an asset, probably the most inconsistent player on the team. I would bet that there are more players Johnson has recruited that have never seen campus, than those that have actually played in a game.

I am not bashing Johnson and if he does go to ULL, good for him. I just dont agree that ULL is "outbidding" us for him.

Varsity Bulldog dascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogfan1 View Post
    Who? Am I missing something obvious? Seriously guys. Not one player that he has brought to Louisiana Tech has been a player. Olu is on his way, but is still VERY unproven. One player does not make him a GREAT recruiter. My opinion on Rolle, was that he was more of a liability than an asset, probably the most inconsistent player on the team. I would bet that there are more players Johnson has recruited that have never seen campus, than those that have actually played in a game.

I am not bashing Johnson and if he does go to ULL, good for him. I just dont agree that ULL is "outbidding" us for him.
    These guys are the guys that Nikita recruited:

Magnum Rolle
    Jamel Guyton
    David Jackson
    Darius Redding
    Olu Ashaolu
    Brandon Gibson
    DeAndre Brown

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

So your answers are:

Quick Quiz:

1) Name one recruit that Johnson recruited that has been productive for Louisiana Tech basketball? None
    Magnum averaged something like 15/10.

Olu had many, many double-doubles this year.

You, my friend, have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dascoop View Post
    These guys are the guys that Nikita recruited:

Magnum Rolle
    Jamel Guyton
    David Jackson
    Darius Redding
    Olu Ashaolu
    Brandon Gibson
    DeAndre Brown
    Lookie there, 4 out of our starting 5, our sixth man (Jackson), our most promising young player off the bench (Redding), and a guy that would have played 12-15 min per game this year if he would have been healthy (Gibson).

Who needs Nikita. We can locally recruit the sub-par 6'5 power forwards like NSU and LSUS do.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Coach Johnson recruited the majority of our team that won 24 games this season. Maybe they didn't live up to your expectations individually, but without his recruits where would we have been? Johnson is THE reason that Olu and Magnum came here, and he is THE reason that DJ Wright signed here.

He is definitely our best recruiter. Not saying we can't live without him, but he has been our best recruiter since he has been here.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I am also in favor of an admin changing the name of this thread, so that it reads appropriately.

Thanks.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    Johnson was sending guys to Okie State and LSU? Since when can we even out-recruit those guys?

You are completely clueless and anything you say about recruiting should be ignored.
    AMEN!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Hate to lose him, but if he is gone, he is gone. I hope Rupp can bring in a top recruiter now. Maybe Karl can go out and help find a great one to replace him. I am sure if we wanted to keep him badly enough, we would have.

I wish him well, but I can get excited that maybe we bring in someone great to replace him.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    We are worried about the ULL vs UL debate and our top recruiter is gone. IF, and I do mean IF DJ Wright plays D1 ball, it will now be in Lafayette, La.....and not here.

This is a BAD loss.
    DJ Wright and D1 ball? LMAO. It ain't happenin.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Nikita Johnson to UL Lafayette?

Man, I hope we get many more "inconsistent" players like Magnum Rolle. We'll be in the postseason every year.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Puppy dawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

No need to panic guys. Last time I checked, we werent exactly getting the best players in the state becuase of Johnson. My guess is, Rupp has made it VERY clear, he will not recruit Louisiana players, good or bad, he is the head coach and will have to live with the consequences or reap the rewards if that does or does not work out.

As for the ULL - UL debate, big flip, just becuase McNeese recognizes them as UL, that is the end of the debate and they are UL? Who the heck is McNeese? I promise, Lafayette and Lake Charles are so in another world!

Make no mistake- seperation has occured. Just visit Lafayette and the ULL campus. I went to their "spring game" a couple of weeks ago, because I happen to be in Lafayette and the weather was beautiful. That place should be condemned! It was a rat hole! Then I over heard some boosters talking about the "improvements" that were gong to be made- apparently they are tearing down the upper level of the west side eilminating half of the west side seating- reducing the capacity to 25,000. They are so D1-AA, almost as much as the other "UL"
    They are actually making some really good improvements over there in Cajun Country. The R.C.A.F. which is their new athletic foundation is collecting large sums of money to revamp the athletics. It's similar to what Southern Miss did 15 or so years ago and look where they are now.

From what I'm hearing.....they are knocking down the upperdeck portion of their stadium to add a whole tier of press boxes and potential suites. They are closing in the stadium to make it a complete bowl (kind of like a small Michigan Stadium). This new addition along with press box upgrades/additions will allow the stadium to hold somewhere in the range of 55k-60k. This is not D1-AA my friend. We need to stop LSU'ing them as another poster said. They are making their necessary strides and it's time for us to do the same.

Good Luck to Coach Johnson.....Ragin Cajuns stole a good one from us, but we will fill his shoes.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs25 View Post
    They are actually making some really good improvements over there in Cajun Country. The R.C.A.F. which is their new athletic foundation is collecting large sums of money to revamp the athletics. It's similar to what Southern Miss did 15 or so years ago and look where they are now.

From what I'm hearing.....they are knocking down the upperdeck portion of their stadium to add a whole tier of press boxes and potential suites. They are closing in the stadium to make it a complete bowl (kind of like a small Michigan Stadium). This new addition along with press box upgrades/additions will allow the stadium to hold somewhere in the range of 55k-60k. This is not D1-AA my friend. We need to stop LSU'ing them as another poster said. They are making their necessary strides and it's time for us to do the same.

Good Luck to Coach Johnson.....Ragin Cajuns stole a good one from us, but we will fill his shoes.
    55 to 60k? You are delusional. The RCAF still has a ways to go to even catch us.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Nikita Johnson to UL Lafayette?

We're not "LSUing" them. We are a member of the University of Louisiana system. They are NOT our system's flagship, and they don't get to pretend they are.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Puppy dawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedawgs25 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    55 to 60k? You are delusional. The RCAF still has a ways to go to even catch us.

Here's a quote from raginpagin.com (The thread started was called RCAF)
    Got my renewal---nice look---Asked about the latest Cajun Field plans and was told that it would be a complete Bowl--top level completely torn down----press box needs to go anyway---underneath would house Administrative offices and second deck would be suites but mostly a "Stadium Club" with open front seating----upper level press box would extend the length of the field----Student side and endzones would have concessions at the top----final seating would be 52k-----Looks like Southern will be returning (win - win for all)

This is the plan that they have in store for 2012. The plans are in and RCAF is gaining ground. I'm just stating facts. According to sources close to the program...the plans for this are already drawn up and financial support is there and contractors will begin bidding at the end of 2010.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs25 View Post
    Here's a quote from raginpagin.com (The thread started was called RCAF)
    Got my renewal---nice look---Asked about the latest Cajun Field plans and was told that it would be a complete Bowl--top level completely torn down----press box needs to go anyway---underneath would house Administrative offices and second deck would be suites but mostly a "Stadium Club" with open front seating----upper level press box would extend the length of the field----Student side and endzones would have concessions at the top----final seating would be 52k-----Looks like Southern will be returning (win - win for all)

This is the plan that they have in store for 2012. The plans are in and RCAF is gaining ground. I'm just stating facts. According to sources close to the program...the plans for this are already drawn up and financial support is there and contractors will begin bidding at the end of 2010.

I won't give away the one thing they can do to Cajun Field to take in more donations. It was one of the first things DD did after the new lockerroom.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread