+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football. Defense Dominates in Tuesday's Spring Practice - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Football. Defense Dominates in Tuesday's Spring Practice - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech's defense dominated in the Bulldogs first spring practice since Thursday, scoring three touchdowns in the team period, as Tech worked out in helmets and shoulder pads Tuesday evening.

More...

Discuss it here.

Puppy BeauDawg has turned a few heads around hereBeauDawg has turned a few heads around hereBeauDawg has turned a few heads around hereBeauDawg has turned a few heads around here BeauDawg's Avatar

Re: Football. Defense Dominates in Tuesday's Spring Practice - latechsports.com

So...

No one went to practice yesterday? I am surprised there have been nor reports and/or comments about yesterday's activities at Joe Aillet up to this point.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by BeauDawg View Post
    So...

No one went to practice yesterday? I am surprised there have been nor reports and/or comments about yesterday's activities at Joe Aillet up to this point.
    We were there in masse at 4 pm. Practice started at 6 pm. Most of us had given up by that very LATE hour ( at least most of us who eat the "early-bird" special at Ryan"s---$4.25 for all you can eat--65 & over ). So, the result was no report.

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post
    We were there in masse at 4 pm. Practice started at 6 pm. Most of us had given up by that very LATE hour ( at least most of us who eat the "early-bird" special at Ryan"s---$4.25 for all you can eat--65 & over ). So, the result was no report.
    LOL

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I don't like hearing about all these turnovers. We hardly ever fumbled the last few years (save Champion fumbling snaps or the freakish 09 Fresno game).

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    I don't like hearing about all these turnovers. We hardly ever fumbled the last few years (save Champion fumbling snaps or the freakish 09 Fresno game).
    Well rested and inspired defense flying around to the ball! Bodes well against opponents.

Puppy BeauDawg has turned a few heads around hereBeauDawg has turned a few heads around hereBeauDawg has turned a few heads around hereBeauDawg has turned a few heads around here BeauDawg's Avatar

Valid point Coach, it was late in the day when the time change was announced. I live out of town and am in Lawrence, KS to boot this week so I rely on the locals to provide insight to the goings on during practice.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Dooley ball is officially dead. It seems our QB's have thrown more pick 6's this Spring than they've thrown TD's. I just hope it's because our defense is bada$$.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    Dooley ball is officially dead. It seems our QB's have thrown more pick 6's this Spring than they've thrown TD's. I just hope it's because our defense is bada$$.
    /homer headslap

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

MEN: Spring training is a love-hate relationship between offense & defense. The offense, once the entire "concept" was introduced, has spent a great deal of time perfecting these concepts that eminate from the original concept. Meanwhile, our defense sees these concepts & practices against them every practice, all day. So, their develops somewhat of a defensive "concept" on the speed of the offense, the plays they see every practice, & thus the defense becomes more & more difficult to break each passing practice. It is just something that HAPPENS every spring. I for one am happy to see the defense making such good progress versus a very difficult offense to defend & one that will give opposing teams many large & painful HEADACHES with a limited time to prepare.

I actually used to HATE spring training, particularly the further along we went, when it finally would get to the point that we would have great difficulty making a FIRST DOWN in practice, much less a TOUCHDOWN.

I suppose the old saying "Familarity breeds Contempt" is true as yesterday, during running plays drills pitting the OL against our DL, tempers were short and at least 3 full-fledged fights, with helmets flying all around, broke out between the OL & DL. The coaches became very animated along with the players & Sonny had to trot down the field from the passer-receiver area to restore order. Quite a show for the pugilists.

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

MEN: Spring training is a love-hate relationship between offense & defense. The offense, once the entire "concept" was introduced, has spent a great deal of time perfecting these concepts that eminate from the original concept. Meanwhile, our defense sees these concepts & practices against them every practice, all day. So, their develops somewhat of a defensive "concept" on the speed of the offense, the plays they see every practice, & thus the defense becomes more & more difficult to break each passing practice. It is just something that HAPPENS every spring. I for one am happy to see the defense making such good progress versus a very difficult offense to defend & one that will give opposing teams many large & painful HEADACHES with a limited time to prepare.

I actually used to HATE spring training, particularly the further along we went, when it finally would get to the point that we would have great difficulty making a FIRST DOWN in practice, much less a TOUCHDOWN.

I suppose the old saying "Familarity breeds Contempt" is true as yesterday, during running plays drills pitting the OL against our DL, tempers were short and at least 3 full-fledged fights, with helmets flying all around, broke out between the OL & DL. The coaches became very animated along with the players & Sonny had to trot down the field from the passer-receiver area to restore order. Quite a show for the pugilists.

Now I feel better about this team...Thank You Mickey for such an outstanding report. I love to hear that our OL and DL are get n after it! Now we are playing football. GO DAWGS.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Thanks coach. So the OL and DL are still scrapping like they were in practices #2 & #3. Glad to see the competitive fire is still blazing! Were #60 Lon Roberts and #99 John White in the middle of it again? I wouldn't be surprised to see another throwdown on Saturday.

And of course the downfield battles of Jackson, Paige, St Julien, Harper,... vs Victorian, Paige, Carter, Calais,... will be entertaining as will the RBs vs LBs. Can't wait to get to Ruston!

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Thanks coach. So the OL and DL are still scrapping like they were in practices #2 & #3. Glad to see the competitive fire is still blazing! Were #60 Lon Roberts and #99 John White in the middle of it again? I wouldn't be surprised to see another throwdown on Saturday.

And of course the downfield battles of Jackson, Paige, St Julien, Harper,... vs Victorian, Paige, Carter, Calais,... will be entertaining as will the RBs vs LBs. Can't wait to get to Ruston!
    Do you think Roberts might have been holding?:icon_wink:

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    Might as well get ready, there's a good chance we're going to throw more INT's than we did last year, but we're also going to score more and throw more TD's than we had last year. The "game manager" philosophy is long gone, thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    Might as well get ready, there's a good chance we're going to throw more INT's than we did last year, but we're also going to score more and throw more TD's than we had last year. The "game manager" philosophy is long gone, thankfully.
    You are right---we are no longer looking for a game manager but, instead, looking for a game winner! It just stands to reason that if you put the ball in the air 100 times instead of 25, the probability of a pick goes way up considering tipped balls, plain bad throws, or very good defensive coverage. Also, there are no officials in practice & the pass interference calls that WOULD be made are NOT being made. I am worried about some to the habits Tank & Vic are getting used to that will draw the big flag in the game. However, you could also probably make the same case for push-off receivers. Its just the NATURE of spring training---most anything goes in an all-out battle for playing time in the fall!!

+ Reply to Thread