+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tech opens doors at spring practice - Shreveport Times

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Tech opens doors at spring practice - Shreveport Times

A new article has been posted on the Shreveport Times:

RUSTON ? It's said that old coaches never die, they just pass with less efficiency ? and a lot of them are showing up in Louisiana Tech's Joe Aillet Stadium these days.

More...

Discuss the article here.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: Tech opens doors at spring practice - Shreveport Times

I like this part. We are building good rapport with these programs.
    Dykes had his administrative staff send out letters to area high school football coaches inviting them to come out to practice and watch. More than 25 coaches, including some from Calvary Baptist, University High (Baton Rouge), Ouachita High and Ruston have stopped by.

"It's a collaborative effort. They send their players to us and trust us to take care of those players "» the least we can do is invite them to come watch us work out," Dykes said. "We've had a good turnout and I hope it continues to get better. Any success we have here is directly related to the high school coaches."

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

This is a very good article by Jimmy Watson.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

This is a great recruiting tool and a good way to build a local following. Get the fans out for practice and they will come to the games.

I remember when the team used to practice in front of Memorial Gym. Had to walk right past them to come back to the dorm from late classes (labs) or going to dinner at Tolliver. I guess they could have used the stadium if they wanted to "close" practices but don't recall them doing so under Aillet.

+ Reply to Thread