+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Clear #1

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: Clear #1

Quote Originally Posted by techster47 View Post
    When have you ever seen him make a play that you say WOW! he can play.
    Just to play devil's advocate, when have you ever seen any of our other QB options make a play that you say WOW! he can play?

We weren't under .500 when Jenkins started in 2008.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Just to play devil's advocate, when have you ever seen any of our other QB options make a play that you say WOW! he can play?

Not that I am for any specific QB but just to turn the logic around. When have you had the opportunity in a game with other QB besides Ross to say WOW! he can play?
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I think that's the point. When have we seen any other QB options PERIOD? Certainly not enough in 2009.

Nevada has a QB that MAKES BIG PLAYS, and their fans say "WOW" every time they watch the Wolf Pack consistently kick our ass. Same with Boise. And Fresno. Hell, even Idaho had a QB who made big plays against us last year.

I think you get the picture. We need a QB who is going to MAKE PLAYS, not just protect the football. And we haven't had that in a long, long time (McCown & Rattay).

HD

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

And despite a record over .500, lets not act like we were lighting the world on fire. We were probably the worst bowl winning team in the nation. We VERY easily could've been 4-8 that year as well.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Well that's VERY pessimistic of you.... we very easily could have held on to the lead against Nevada as well. If we had a kicker that could make anything besides extra points, then we prolly beat Nevada and Army.

That puts us at 9-3 regular season, and then it would just be a guessing game as to where the bowl game would have been played.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    And despite a record over .500, lets not act like we were lighting the world on fire. We were probably the worst bowl winning team in the nation. We VERY easily could've been 4-8 that year as well.
    You can't have that both ways. Close wins are wins. Close losses are losses. If you're going to count all those 1, 2, and 3 point losses against Ross's W-L record, you've got to count the 1, 2, and 3 point wins, too.

I'm not claiming that we were "setting the world on fire." But everytime I read a post where someone emphatically states that we just simply can't win games with Ross as QB and that if he's named the starter there is no way we can avoid a losing record, it makes me roll my eyes. It's simply (and demonstratively) untrue.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

You can't have that both ways. Close wins are wins. Close losses are losses. If you're going to count all those 1, 2, and 3 point losses against Ross's W-L record, you've got to count the 1, 2, and 3 point wins, too.

I'm not claiming that we were "setting the world on fire." But everytime I read a post where someone emphatically states that we just simply can't win games with Ross as QB and that if he's named the starter there is no way we can avoid a losing record, it makes me roll my eyes. It's simply (and demonstratively) untrue.

I wasn't counting anything against his W-L record. I was just saying that though 8-4 looks good, RJ was and is not a good QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    I wasn't counting anything against his W-L record. I was just saying that though 8-4 looks good, RJ was and is not a good QB.
    Fair enough. I am just saying that we can and have won games with Ross as QB.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Fair enough. I am just saying that we can and have won games with Ross as QB.
    We have won games with Ross, just not sure we were winning them because of Ross.

My only frustration with Ross is the number of key plays on third down where he did not hit a WIDE open receiver or threw it behind him, not allowing the RAC that would have gotten a first down. This seemed to happen more when the game was on the line or at least close.

We need to make the simple throws and we need to spread the field.......Ross can not do that.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

We might mix it up a little, play a little Ross, a little Steve, keep the defense on their toes. Maybe a few trick plays.
    I have no opinion here. I think either of these guys is a good fit for the new O.

+ Reply to Thread