+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Downtown Revitalization

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Downtown Revitalization

Looking really good. Two initial questions:

1) When is this going to be done? Its been, what, 7 months, and only 1 and a half streets have been done. Maybe 25% of the work.

2) How big of an area is this going to cover? From the railroad tracks to Alabama? Will it extend over the tracks into the Blind Center / First Baptist area? How about East/West? From the Boardwalk to Autozone? Does anyone have any idea?

Also, speaking of the Boardwalk area, the Daily Leader's loading zone with that nasty-ass dumpster outside of it really diminishes the area. I wish they'd clean that up.

I went to Ruston.org and, while they had stuff, they didn't have the information I was looking for.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Re: Downtown Revitalization

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    Looking really good. Two initial questions:

1) When is this going to be done? Its been, what, 7 months, and only 1 and a half streets have been done. Maybe 25% of the work.

2) How big of an area is this going to cover? From the railroad tracks to Alabama? Will it extend over the tracks into the Blind Center / First Baptist area? How about East/West? From the Boardwalk to Autozone? Does anyone have any idea?

Also, speaking of the Boardwalk area, the Daily Leader's loading zone with that nasty-ass dumpster outside of it really diminishes the area. I wish they'd clean that up.

I went to Ruston.org and, while they had stuff, they didn't have the information I was looking for.
    its in stages. almost finished with stage one

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    its in stages. almost finished with stage one
    What is phase 1? Half of downtown? Because the Trenton hasn't even been touched, nor any of the E/W streets besides Park. I can't imagine them almost being done.

Varsity Bulldog latech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nice latech80's Avatar

I realize this may be slightly off topic, but I understand that Stow's is/was closed. Has it been reopened? Whenever I think of downtown Ruston, that's what I think of!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by latech80 View Post
    I realize this may be slightly off topic, but I understand that Stow's is/was closed. Has it been reopened? Whenever I think of downtown Ruston, that's what I think of!
    I think it has been closed for a while now. Last time I was in town, people downtown were at Sundown. The vast majority were at Rabbs, though.

My big shock is how some of the college students had never heard of WilMart! Man, that place was a regular on my list.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I think it has been closed for a while now. Last time I was in town, people downtown were at Sundown. The vast majority were at Rabbs, though.

My big shock is how some of the college students had never heard of WilMart! Man, that place was a regular on my list.
    I only made one or two trips to wilmart while I was at Tech. It was just too much of a drive when you could get most of the stuff at the place by rabbs.

Varsity Bulldog TechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really nice

Yeah, I'm one of those people; at Tech from 2004-2008....and this is the first I've heard of that!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Rabbs wasn't there when I was at Tech. We did trips to Wilmart where you could sample every frozen drink there like Baskin Robbins before you decided to which to buy. It was a great hang out in the Spring - lot of parties outside and across the street at what used to be "T Inn" - now burned, I think. I think WilMart is still there, though. Anybody know?

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

What is phase 1? Half of downtown? Because the Trenton hasn't even been touched, nor any of the E/W streets besides Park. I can't imagine them almost being done.
    http://www.rustonleader.com/news.php?id=6477

hear ya go

Rabbs wasn't there when I was at Tech. We did trips to Wilmart where you could sample every frozen drink there like Baskin Robbins before you decided to which to buy. It was a great hang out in the Spring - lot of parties outside and across the street at what used to be "T Inn" - now burned, I think. I think WilMart is still there, though. Anybody know?
    Yep. Went there a few weeks ago. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    Why do half of downtown, and then stop, and then do the other half an entire year later? That's strange.

Yep. Went there a few weeks ago. Good stuff.
    Nice to know it is still going! Think I might take a drive out the next time I am in town.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    I only made one or two trips to wilmart while I was at Tech. It was just too much of a drive when you could get most of the stuff at the place by rabbs.
    Wilmart is where the frozen drink craze took off in this part of the world (including New Orleans ).
    They'd have more than 30 machines running with all their unique concoctions. The machines didn't work very well, so they, well, started their own frozen drink machine factory and made their own, more powerful frozen drink machines.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog TechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Wilmart is where the frozen drink craze took off in this part of the world (including New Orleans ).
    They'd have more than 30 machines running with all their unique concoctions. The machines didn't work very well, so they, well, started their own frozen drink machine factory and made their own, more powerful frozen drink machines.

Geeze...this sounds great! Can't believe I missed out; directions anyone? This place will probably be included in my next trip to Ruston.

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechDynamic View Post
    Geeze...this sounds great! Can't believe I missed out; directions anyone? This place will probably be included in my next trip to Ruston.

Either head out Chatham Rd. a few miles past the airport on the left, or take I-20 to Choudrant, head south... after you cross the RR tracks, take the right fork and keep going till you hit Chatham Rd. Look to the right...that's it. Watch out for the oilfield trucks .

+ Reply to Thread