+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Petrohawk in trouble?

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Petrohawk in trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I hold several nat gas stocks and am very happy with all of them. Have been in ATO for 25 yrs. Steady dividends, no fees for investing in the DRIP as a customer.

Added others to my energy portfolio in recent years and all doing well: EGAS, PWE, LINE

These are delivery companies, pipelines and such, not so much production companies, that tend to be more volatile. That part of the sector is waaaaaay more capital-dependent and has ups and downs. The delivery sector is "boring" but dependable.

Hey D80, I put Linn Energy (LINE) on my radar ....yep, boring but dependable is good:

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=l...urce=undefined

Thanks for the heads up.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hoppinmad View Post
    Hey D80, I put Linn Energy (LINE) on my radar ....yep, boring but dependable is good:

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=l...urce=undefined

Thanks for the heads up.
    Yeppers! 8.4% yield, quarter after quarter.

Check out AGNC, higher risk, but wow! on the divies. Planning to add more shares to the 350 I got in there.

My problem is....like Kramer says....I'm my own frickin' mutual fund! I hold 18 different equities right now, all but a gold stock pay divies. So, when I get ready to add to my positions, I tend to spread it around.

I like to create "investment" groups, as I call them. "High-risk/high yield"; "divie payers"; "growth stocks" etc... Right now, I'm working on a "blue chip" grouping. Have only DLM and DD in there now, but want to add CAT, a railroad stock, prolly Norfolk Southern, and am looking at several others. I want 5 REALLY dependable stocks, spread over different sectors, so I can call in and ask Kramer: "Am I diversified?"

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy having those dividends taxed at a 39.6% rate as on Jan. 1. But on the other hand you might actually enjoy it because in 2012 that rate goes to 42.6%!!! How dare you make money while sitting around doing nothing!

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Check out AGNC, higher risk, but wow! on the divies. Planning to add more shares to the 350 I got in there.

My problem is....like Kramer says....I'm my own frickin' mutual fund! I hold 18 different equities right now, all but a gold stock pay divies. So, when I get ready to add to my positions, I tend to spread it around.

I like to create "investment" groups, as I call them. "High-risk/high yield"; "divie payers"; "growth stocks" etc... Right now, I'm working on a "blue chip" grouping. Have only DLM and DD in there now, but want to add CAT, a railroad stock, prolly Norfolk Southern, and am looking at several others. I want 5 REALLY dependable stocks, spread over different sectors, so I can call in and ask Kramer: "Am I diversified?"

Sounds like you have a great plan in place. At Yahoo Finance at each of those stocks, clicking on profile, and then at the bottom of the article hitting key statistics gives a lot of the fundamentals to ponder on too.

Enjoy having those dividends taxed at a 39.6% rate as on Jan. 1. But on the other hand you might actually enjoy it because in 2012 that rate goes to 42.6%!!! How dare you make money while sitting around doing nothing!

Yep, there's a lot of $$$ on the sidelines largely due to the squatter in the WH.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

FYI...Kramer lost more money in the last 3 down markets than any other pundit...he's an idiot.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    FYI...Kramer lost more money in the last 3 down markets than any other pundit...he's an idiot.
    Yes he is! But he is worth watching since it tells you what NOT to do! :icon_wink:

I like to create "investment" groups, as I call them. "High-risk/high yield"; "divie payers"; "growth stocks" etc...

Hey D80, if you guys aren't watching cloud computing yet, you might put some of the companies involved with it on your watch list.

As an example, here's Acme Packet (APKT) ....and there are others:

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=a...urce=undefined

Quote Originally Posted by hoppinmad View Post
    Hey D80, if you guys aren't watching cloud computing yet, you might put some of the companies involved with it on your watch list.

As an example, here's Acme Packet (APKT) ....and there are others:

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=a...urce=undefined
    Thanks! I will put that on my 'stocks to watch' list.

Here's something to read while waiting for the kickoff today. This dumba$$ inherited $14M (didn't strike gas in N. Louisiana) then blew it all. Yep, there's still maroons living amongst us:

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-bud...5lZmFtaWx5c2hh

Need to sell my DLM! PPS has shot up to a very attractive level.

It doesn't pay a high yield (about 2%) so it's not a big loss to the divie-paying group anyway. Have to take profit when you can. I hope to wait until after Jan 1st though. I'm looking at a HEFTY! tax bill on investments as it is.

Need to sell my DLM! PPS has shot up to a very attractive level.

It doesn't pay a high yield (about 2%) so it's not a big loss to the divie-paying group anyway. Have to take profit when you can. I hope to wait until after Jan 1st though. I'm looking at a HEFTY! tax bill on investments as it is.

Yep, Del Monte is up pretty good right now.... there is a lot of trading volume going on right now after it took the jump up then flattened out. Be interesting to see what happens.... Addenda: I see now where they have agreed to be bought out, which sometimes explains that flattening out.

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=d...urce=undefined

and Post is probably due for a little pullback which would be a good time to buy.

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=p...urce=undefined
    Last edited by hoppinmad; 12-05-2010 at 10:22 AM.

Varsity Bulldog latech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nice latech80's Avatar

Word on the ground is Petrohawk is the one who initially exposed the existence of the Haynesville Shale, forcing Chesapeake to raise the bonus money per acre, in order for them to remain competitive. Whether this is true or not, I couldn't tell you, but I do know that until that corporation from China bought an interest in Chesapeake, they were on the ropes financially, and selling off some of their interests in the HS. Honestly, I think they overcommitted and couldn't come up with the rigs to extract the NG, but's that's one man's opinion.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

My take is the Eagle Ford Shale is cheaper to develop than the Haynesville, and rigs will be moving in that direction until prices come back up. I know our company doesn't want to be in the Haynesville because the temperature destroys our tools, and we can't get replacements fast enough. This costs the operators big money, and it only one of the reasons it's more expensive.

I'm sure y'all know, but there is another layer, the Mid-Bossier Shale, between the Haynesville layer and the surface. Was told by a Chesapeake fellow that all they are doing is locking up leases, "producing" for a month and then moving on, pending a better market for NG.

This sucker will be BIG, really, really BIG...in time.

Varsity Bulldog latech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nicelatech80 is just really nice latech80's Avatar

I'm sure y'all know, but there is another layer, the Mid-Bossier Shale, between the Haynesville layer and the surface. Was told by a Chesapeake fellow that all they are doing is locking up leases, "producing" for a month and then moving on, pending a better market for NG.

This sucker will be BIG, really, really BIG...in time.
    Does anyone have a reliable map on where the Mid-Bossier Shale is? Does it follow the state line, or is it further down into North Louisiana?

+ Reply to Thread