+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bradshaw recap on Yahoo sports

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: Bradshaw recap on Yahoo sports

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Nah, just JJ to your "This guy is a POS though. I hope Goodell suspends him" comment.
    I still have no idea what you are talking about. Saying Tebow wouldn't see the field,(and he wouldn't by the way and everyone knows it) is being compared to a guy getting a girl plastered and forcing himself on her while she is saying no? And this isn't the first girl either Tyler. He is being sued by another one already. I still just don't see how your post belongs in this thread. I called a guy a POS for probably raping a young girl and you bring up Jerry Jones?

..........Talking Football Smack while you are drunk at a bar vs. Raping a Girl you meet at a bar while your bodyguards watch the door to keep her friends from protecting her.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    OK, that is disgusting. But if it is true, Goodell does not need to do anything. There should be a criminal trial and Ben spends the next 20-25 years in the pen. But if there is no trial, it is still a "he said/she said" scenario. Hard to tell who is telling the truth.

Just my opinion that Goodell needs to wait for the facts to come out. In other recent cases, Goodell had the facts (in some cases convictions or admissions) before passing sentence. I hope the girl presses charges.

I see your side but Goodell has repeatedly made statements like playing in the NFL is not a right it is a privelage and he expects his players to be ambassadors. He has also set the precedent of of punishing other players beforehand (yes he had the facts but as you said NOT the convictions), how does it look if he doesn't now? And I am white and not a race card kind of guy but I think all of those suspended before were African Americans.

Lets say Ben is innocent, this is the 3rd bad situation he has gotten himself into. From what ESPN has been saying the first thing that Goodell wants to ask is guilty or innocent "why the hell do you keep putting yourself in these situations?" And it isn't just because he is famous and he is the victim, I don't see Brees, Romo or Manning getting accused of these things. I don't see Adrian Peterson driving drunk. I don't see Julius Peppers being busted for things like this. Ben is opening himself up to all of this crap because he either can't or won't grow up and because he has no ethics. He has no code. I could care less whether he is dealt with fairly or not as he has brought all of this on himself. The other thing is all of these guys have clauses in their contracts about not violating ethical standards that would compromise the football club and leagues reputation. So it would be very hard for Ben to come out ahead on this one.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I still have no idea what you are talking about. Saying Tebow wouldn't see the field,(and he wouldn't by the way and everyone knows it) is being compared to a guy getting a girl plastered and forcing himself on her while she is saying no? And this isn't the first girl either Tyler. He is being sued by another one already. I still just don't see how your post belongs in this thread. I called a guy a POS for probably raping a young girl and you bring up Jerry Jones?

..........Talking Football Smack while you are drunk at a bar vs. Raping a Girl you meet at a bar while your bodyguards watch the door to keep her friends from protecting her.
    You totally missed the point.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I see your side but Goodell has repeatedly made statements like playing in the NFL is not a right it is a privelage and he expects his players to be ambassadors. He has also set the precedent of of punishing other players beforehand (yes he had the facts but as you said NOT the convictions), how does it look if he doesn't now? And I am white and not a race card kind of guy but I think all of those suspended before were African Americans.

Lets say Ben is innocent, this is the 3rd bad situation he has gotten himself into. From what ESPN has been saying the first thing that Goodell wants to ask is guilty or innocent "why the hell do you keep putting yourself in these situations?" And it isn't just because he is famous and he is the victim, I don't see Brees, Romo or Manning getting accused of these things. I don't see Adrian Peterson driving drunk. I don't see Julius Peppers being busted for things like this. Ben is opening himself up to all of this crap because he either can't or won't grow up and because he has no ethics. He has no code. I could care less whether he is dealt with fairly or not as he has brought all of this on himself. The other thing is all of these guys have clauses in their contracts about not violating ethical standards that would compromise the football club and leagues reputation. So it would be very hard for Ben to come out ahead on this one.

I am just saying that if you base things on allegations, then that is a very slippery slope.

Totally agree that even if he is innocent (gut feeling is that he is not), he brings this on himself by putting himself in these circumstances. You are absolutely correct in that he needs to grow up and gain some maturity at the very least. He seems to be a sleeze and is only going to learn the hard way.

If I were the Steelers, I would be looking for a QB come Thursday and Friday (McCoy or Pike in the 2nd round?).

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

The commish has spoken:

DP: Has he violated the personal conduct policy?
    RG: Yes, there has been a violation of that. The issue here is with respect to a pattern of behavior and bad judgments. You do not have to be convicted or even charged of a crime to be able to demonstrate that you've violated a personal conduct policy, and reflect poorly not only on themselves, but all of their teammates, every NFL player in the league, and everyone associated with the NFL. And that is what my concern is, and I have expressed that directly to Ben, obviously, and I will be making a decision as soon as I possibly can.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/107241/index.html?eref=sihp

Just curious, what if after the suspension is served the victim comes out and says that it was all false and made up? That nothing really happened? Not that I would believe that would happen in this case, at this point I believe her much more than him. But just trying to think about certain ramifications here that I have not seen addressed anywhere.

+ Reply to Thread