+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Signing Day

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future

Re: Signing Day

Quote Originally Posted by DawgUSN View Post
    Truthfully, I don't care where the recruits come from in they are interested in Tech and have a nice upside and are a need for the team go get them. I have seen the jokes about Rupp needing his satellite phone. I only wish Tech had a recruiting budget that would allow him to find an AJ Ogilvy (Aus), Samardo Samuels (Jamaica), Adnan Hodzic (Bosnia), Solomon Alabi (Nigeria), Zisis Sarikopoulos (Greece), Greivis Vasquez (Venezuela), Gerald Lee (Jamaica), Artsiom Parakhouski(Belarus), Elias Harris(Germany), the list goes on and that is only the top tier foreign players.

Look at the Rivals top twenty five players by position and you will see the amount of players that were not 3 star or better recruits.

I have seen a few arguments to why we shouldn't care about TJ Williams going elsewhere.

One, he is not highly enough regarded (see above).

Two, no other major program in Louisiana recruited him so why should we (Tech was the most successful program in the state last year and it was not even close. Obviously the other programs don't know what they are doing, including LSU who have a few highly regarded recruits but have done nothing the past few years).

Two B, if he was so good in the state tourn. why didn't anyone offer him. (Dude averaged 24 ppg, and was the only player from his team on the all state class 2A squad, not even an honorable mention from J-Hodge, Riverside who beat them had two first team and one hon mention.)

Three, he is not tall enough (Sir Charles, Gordon Hayward, Dejuan Blair just to name a few.) About TJ Williams matching up with Kourtney Roberson (Texas A&M) "The 6-foot-6 forward entered as the No. 2 big man in the camp. When he matched up with Roberson in the most anticipated pairing of the day, Williams won the individual battle." Justin Young, Rivals.com, Basketball Recruiting, 10/6/08 http://louisianatech.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=859662

Funny ....

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

LA Select, you throwing your name in the hat for new assistant coach yet? If not what you waiting for?

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    LA Select, you throwing your name in the hat for new assistant coach yet? If not what you waiting for?
    NO THANKS, I LOVE La Tech, but not sure l love where the MBB program is going right now.....

Besides i want to be the first AAU coach to become the head coach at La Tech....bet we would get some things done than.
    Last edited by LouisianaSelect; 04-22-2010 at 12:03 AM.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaSelect View Post
    NO THANKS, I LOVE La Tech, but not sure l love where the MBB program is going right now.....

There is an opportunity to go in a better direction. Someone like you who has the contacts and the knowledge would be a great addition.

The last ass. coaching hire stopped the bleeding. This one could help build the foundation for the future

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    There is an opportunity to go in a better direction. Someone like you who has the contacts and the knowledge would be a great addition.

The last ass. coaching hire stopped the bleeding. This one could help build the foundation for the future
    AMEN! We need you!

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post

Totally agree.

Hey Kerry, give Mike a call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaSelect View Post

Besides i want to be the first AAU coach to become the head coach at La Tech....bet we would get some things done than.
    Mike,

A friend of yours is now coaching my little boy's 3 year old tee ball time. Coach Lee, who I understand also coaches an AAU team, is a great guy and speaks highly of you. I have been talking Tech up to him.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    I second that!!!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dascoop View Post
    Did you think you wrote that comment?

Baylor should beat St Mary's. Baylor is a high major program that plays in the Big 12 that has ridiculous facilities, a recruiting budget in the six figure mark and an enrollment of 20,000 plus. St Mary's has an enrollment of 4800 that beat one of the perennial team (Gonzaga) in the nation amongst other top team. Baylor recruits McDonald's All American. But St Mary's is having the success that La Tech wished it had the last five years with a team made up of Austrailians
    You're right about Baylor except for one thing: Baylor has an enrollment of 14K, not 20K.

But the point still remains the same: The boys from Louisiana whipped the boys from Australia.

Don't blame me.......you brought up the stupid St Mary's example.

HD
    Last edited by HogDawg; 04-24-2010 at 12:39 AM.

+ Reply to Thread