+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Signing Day

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Re: Signing Day

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Isn't there a way to get out of the commitment if the recruiting coach goes to a different school?
    I think you are right about this rule, but I believe it only applies if the head coach leaves. If you were recruited by an assistant who leaves, you are still obligated by the letter you signed.

Someone with more knowledge of NCAA rules can confirm or deny that, but I don't think you get out of your signing just because an asst. coach leaves.

Varsity Bulldog DawgUSN is just really niceDawgUSN is just really niceDawgUSN is just really niceDawgUSN is just really niceDawgUSN is just really niceDawgUSN is just really niceDawgUSN is just really niceDawgUSN is just really niceDawgUSN is just really niceDawgUSN is just really niceDawgUSN is just really nice

I hope we offer the Williams kid from Jonesboro. Who knows he could grow another inch or two, heck if he were two inches taller we wouldn't be on his radar.

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by DawgUSN View Post
    I hope we offer the Williams kid from Jonesboro. Who knows he could grow another inch or two, heck if he were two inches taller we wouldn't be on his radar.
    We didnt and we will not. Hell we didnt even go see him play----signing with UTSA. Not sure thats where he wants to be

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Mike, what's our deal with not signing more local players?

Is this a choice that the coaches have made, or is it just a coincidence?

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Has MBB adopted the stealth recruiting plan (aka the bick method), or is it that we cannot get anybody to sign ??

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Has MBB adopted the stealth recruiting plan (aka the bick method), or is it that we cannot get anybody to sign ??
    It would seem to be the case.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

This is just sad.

HD

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar

Guys it's a month long signing period. Not a day. Look back at all the old threads where every year people complain that "we didn't sign anyone" or "why won't they release the class". Every year they wait until all have signed to release the class all at once. Richard was notorious for waiting two or three weeks to release the signed LOIs. Rupp is the same. Have a little patience.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg04 View Post
    Guys it's a month long signing period. Not a day. Look back at all the old threads where every year people complain that "we didn't sign anyone" or "why won't they release the class". Every year they wait until all have signed to release the class all at once. Richard was notorious for waiting two or three weeks to release the signed LOIs. Rupp is the same. Have a little patience.
    Patience? In RECRUITING? Are you kidding?

Trust me....it's NOT a good sign when signing day turns into a signing period, and he still hasn't announced any signees. He's scrambling for talent.

This whole scenario makes me wonder if Rupp's "long distance" recruiting model is causing some heartburn with the local high school coaches and players in Louisiana. If so, Rupp will be forced to span the globe looking for signees.

HD

Champ KDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really nice

Not picking any sides or pushing any buttons. But how come people always complain about Rupp getting juco's and nobody local. But T-Spoon signed 3 Jucos, and no nobody really local and yet everyone is pleased. Dont get me wrong I love the players she is getting. Just wondering?

Quote Originally Posted by KDawg33 View Post
    Not picking any sides or pushing any buttons. But how come people always complain about Rupp getting juco's and nobody local. But T-Spoon signed 3 Jucos, and no nobody really local and yet everyone is pleased. Dont get me wrong I love the players she is getting. Just wondering?
    Not sure. I haven't commented on Spoon's JC signees, or any of her signees for that matter. Who are the "people always" complaining that you are referring to? Please be specific.

HD

Champ KDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really nice

I have to go back and look at old post. I just always remeber people saying how they dont like Rupp recruiting Jucos, and complain about not getting any local talent.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Not sure. I haven't commented on Spoon's JC signees, or any of her signees for that matter. Who are the "people always" complaining that you are referring to? Please be specific.

HD

Quote Originally Posted by KDawg33 View Post
    I have to go back and look at old post. I just always remeber people saying how they dont like Rupp recruiting Jucos, and complain about not getting any local talent.
    Well.....as a rule, Juco's are not the way to properly build a program, for the obvious reasons. That's not to say you can't find the diamond in the rough once in a while. But generally speaking, coaches like Rupp want to establish strong relationships with the area high school coaches in their recruiting areas and recruit high school talent that will be in your program for 4 full years instead of just 2.

HD

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Well.....as a rule, Juco's are not the way to properly build a program, for the obvious reasons. That's not to say you can't find the diamond in the rough once in a while. But generally speaking, coaches like Rupp want to establish strong relationships with the area high school coaches in their recruiting areas and recruit high school talent that will be in your program for 4 full years instead of just 2.

HD
    I agree with that. But with some freshman players it is going to take a few years for them to develope. With the Jucos, they come in already developed in most cases.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

There has to be a good mixture. Every year is different, but if you get some top freshmen talent and mix it with JUCO's, you will be pretty strong. When trying to get the top freshmen, it helps to have really made a HUGE splash in the last year. Sometimes, you go with JUCO's to make the splash and then grab the freshmen the next year. I would say that Spoon is doing that. Rupp started to make a splash this year, but it fizzled out with injuries. I would imagine that he will have to go with some JUCO's to try again.

+ Reply to Thread