+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Corndog U fires teacher, raises test scores

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Corndog U fires teacher, raises test scores

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Oh for God's sake, people.....any "teacher" who would give a test full of multiple choice questions and load each question with TEN (10) choices is an ASSHOLE!!!

HD

O'Boyle in Econ gave the same type tests at TECH in the '80's.

Varsity Bulldog TechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    O'Boyle gave the same type Econ test in 2005....

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Only class in 6 years of college that I ever dropped.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechDynamic View Post
    O'Boyle gave the same type Econ test in 2005....

Did he ever learn to weart undershirts with those white dress shirts? The dude was very hairy.

Big Dog westdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by HogDawg
    Oh for God's sake, people.....any "teacher" who would give a test full of multiple choice questions and load each question with TEN (10) choices is an ASSHOLE!!!

HD

Point Proven

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Oh for God's sake, people.....any "teacher" who would give a test full of multiple choice questions and load each question with TEN (10) choices is an ASSHOLE!!! Pure and simple. She was an ASSHOLE, so they removed her.

HD

Any of you older generation folks remember Dr. Price in political science. We would have loved a 10 answer multiple choice question. Sometimes I picked answer "M" cause I hadn't pick it yet.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Asshole or not, they violated her academic freedom.

I wouldn't classify O'Boyle as an a-hole. Just a teacher with confusing tests.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Any of you older generation folks remember Dr. Price in political science. We would have loved a 10 answer multiple choice question. Sometimes I picked answer "M" cause I hadn't pick it yet.
    Yes, and chewed me out for not paying attention (Spring Fever I guess) one day. Our paths crossed again when I was in grad school, and I reminded him of that moment. He just laughed and laughed, and said "Well you should have been paying attention! By the way, what did you get in the class?" I told him an A, and he said, "Well I should have lowered it" with a wink. Ass in class, but a funny and classy guy out of it.

Only had one teacher that I hated (don't remember the name), and he taught Accounting 202. Would give a test at the beginning of every class before he taught you the lesson. What was second knowledge to him was not to me.

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    Yes, and chewed me out for not paying attention (Spring Fever I guess) one day. Our paths crossed again when I was in grad school, and I reminded him of that moment. He just laughed and laughed, and said "Well you should have been paying attention! By the way, what did you get in the class?" I told him an A, and he said, "Well I should have lowered it" with a wink. Ass in class, but a funny and classy guy out of it.
    One of the funniest moments I ever had in a class was going from Price's class straight to Stokely's and hearing both of them give their version of going to the doctor together for prostate exams.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    I guess I hadn't considered myself in the "older generaltion" - but, yes I endured that class.

Guest Lilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by weunice View Post
    Dirtydawg ..you are right about the name of the professor. I don't lose sleep over it. The whole "fail" thing got my butt in gear which was something I needed. It was only later that I realized I was hosed in that class.
    Being my first quarter I thought all professors were nuts and that there was something I wasn't "getting" about the college experience.

I felt the same way after taking Abraham Attrep's History 101 class. Only difference is that I enjoyed the class but still made a D.

Guest Lilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLilfido Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Well...I see it from the other side enough that I tend to lean to supporting this instructor. Okay, maybe....a big MAYBE...she went a little over the top, but if students know their stuff what difference does it make how many incorrect choices are listed on a MC question?

Try this:

Which school is a joke and should drop athletics?

a. Univ of Georgia
    b. Univ of Texas
    c. Southern California
    d. South Florida
    e. Ohio State
    f. Southern Miss
    g. Brigham Young
    h. Louisiana-Monroe
    i. Miami (Ohio)
    j. TCU
    k. East Carolina

The answer is I. Got any harder questions?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post

Only had one teacher that I hated (don't remember the name), and he taught Accounting 202. Would give a test at the beginning of every class before he taught you the lesson. What was second knowledge to him was not to me.

Dr. Price was great. One of my favorites, ever. I guess it's because our personalities were so similar which usually doesn't make for a good mix, but I understood his thinking, I guess, which enabled me to be able to handle his tirades and such. I use to laugh at him (not in his face, of course. I wanted to pass) because he would complain about how some students would complain about him and didn't like him because he was so "mean". He would talk about them coming to him in his office hours and talking to him about their grades and inevitibly, he would end up caving in and giving them a better grade, but that would leave his office with their feelings hurt meanwhile, they would go to Dr. Toburen and complain to him about their grades in his (Dr. Toburen's) class, but Dr. Toburen wouldn't change their grades but was so nice about it that they would leave with the same grade but still loved Dr. Toburen. That would frustrate him to no end.

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Lilfido View Post
    I felt the same way after taking Abraham Attrep's History 101 class. Only difference is that I enjoyed the class but still made a D.
    Worse teacher I ever had!! I always loved history, and usually made A's, but could only manage a D in his world history class. Many, many years later I heard someone complaining about their history prof at Tech. Sure enough, it was Abraham. I couldn't believe he was still teaching at Tech -- I sure hope he improved.

+ Reply to Thread