+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Brown to ULL...

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Josh Brown to ULL...

What did he sign with us back in November? Was it a grant-in-aid or was it a letter-of-intent OR does it even really matter?

Regardless, our MBB program invested 3 years in him for him to sign with another program.

Thoughts?

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

Re: Josh Brown to ULL...

I cant believe this. Personally knowing JB I thought he would be here with no question.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quoting Rob Schneider in Waterboy....."We suck again"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This should not be a surprise, at all

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Shows you what he thinks of the "Coach of the Year"!!!!!!!!!!!

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Not a knock on Coach Rupp but he needs to find someone to help him recruit ASAP. I dont think that would be one of his strong points.. I know that I would be scared as hell if he showed up at my doorstep trying to recruit my son.

Varsity Bulldog jaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    What did he sign with us back in November? Was it a grant-in-aid or was it a letter-of-intent OR does it even really matter?

Regardless, our MBB program invested 3 years in him for him to sign with another program.

Thoughts?
    they jb/ sf both signed a grant of aid, i am really disapointed that tech was not able to keep coach johnson i can't see for the life of me why, i know it was not money and i know he is loyal. so i wonder what it was that made him leave ummmmmhhhh

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rphdawg View Post
    Not a knock on Coach Rupp but he needs to find someone to help him recruit ASAP. I dont think that would be one of his strong points.. I know that I would be scared as hell if he showed up at my doorstep trying to recruit my son.
    He scares my son every time he sees him on tv.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Yeah, but we don't need Nikita Johnson

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaguars2471 View Post
    they jb/ sf both signed a grant of aid, i am really disapointed that tech was not able to keep coach johnson i can't see for the life of me why, i know it was not money and i know he is loyal. so i wonder what it was that made him leave ummmmmhhhh
    Loyal to who? I understand going to coach with a friend, but getting our kids to sign GIA's so he can take them with him when he leaves is NOT what I would call loyal...loyal to JB maybe, but not loyal to Tech.

Listen, I think we as fans throw around words like loyalty without thinking about it from the coaches perspective. I know Nakita has to watch out for himself. I'm just saying that looking at what's gone down with our recruiting class this year is not something that just screams "Nakita is loyal."

I'm thankful that he landed Magnum and Olu. If he falls flat from hear on out, I won't shed a tear.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Loyal to who? I understand going to coach with a friend, but getting our kids to sign GIA's so he can take them with him when he leaves is NOT what I would call loyal...loyal to JB maybe, but not loyal to Tech.

Listen, I think we as fans throw around words like loyalty without thinking about it from the coaches perspective. I know Nakita has to watch out for himself. I'm just saying that looking at what's gone down with our recruiting class this year is not something that just screams "Nakita is loyal."

I'm thankful that he landed Magnum and Olu. If he falls flat from hear on out, I won't shed a tear.
    He brought us an lsu recruit when he came here. We should have expected this. The problem comes in if we didn't have a back up plan. Looks like Rupp was in no hurry to hire a replacement. Did it take him that much by surprise?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    He brought us an lsu recruit when he came here. We should have expected this. The problem comes in if we didn't have a back up plan. Looks like Rupp was in no hurry to hire a replacement. Did it take him that much by surprise?
    Good point champ. This was predictable (especially with what we have coming back). Now, we'll see what Rupp's plan B was.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I don't care about Nikita Johnson anymore. He did what he thinks will advance his career the most--we'll see how that works out. I am very thankful we were able to bring him in b/c players like Rolle and Ashalou came though his connections. But, at this point, he's in the rearview mirror.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Someone saying we didn't need JB anyway or that he wasn't that good in 3....2....1...........

Big Dog kdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of light

As far as hiring a new assistant: I think don't think it's about hiring someone who can bring in kids right away becuase the coach has them in his back pocket. What if that coach leaves? That's what we are going through right now. You want to recruit kids that are loyal to the program and not one coach. You want to recruit and bring in players that will buy into your philosophy and play for the name on the front of the jersey. If a kid doesn't want to play here for that reason, don't sign him. Just my thoughts from a different perspecitive.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Someone saying we didn't need JB anyway or that he wasn't that good in 3....2....1...........
    Actually I never thought he was that good. He was supposedly a three point shooter but he shot like 20% from three in JuCo.

Still we obviously don't have anyone better.

+ Reply to Thread