+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Brown to ULL...

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Josh Brown to ULL...

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    Actually I never thought he was that good. He was supposedly a three point shooter but he shot like 20% from three in JuCo.

Still we obviously don't have anyone better.
    I've never seen him play. I've heard he's got a nice, smooth game and is a good defender b/c of his length. He obviously isn't a shooter. I'd like to see how he matches up against Brandon Gibson.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaguars2471 View Post
    they jb/ sf both signed a grant of aid, i am really disapointed that tech was not able to keep coach johnson i can't see for the life of me why, i know it was not money and i know he is loyal. so i wonder what it was that made him leave ummmmmhhhh
    http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m...112509aaa.html

I guess if you read this release, you are right... "signed scholarship offers", not letters-of-intent. Now we know.

Bulldog cdav245 is on top of his/her gamecdav245 is on top of his/her gamecdav245 is on top of his/her gamecdav245 is on top of his/her gamecdav245 is on top of his/her gamecdav245 is on top of his/her gamecdav245 is on top of his/her gamecdav245 is on top of his/her gamecdav245 is on top of his/her gamecdav245 is on top of his/her gamecdav245 is on top of his/her game

I know it is nice to say we should only recruit guys that want to play for Tech not the coach, but that is just not how it is anymore. In any sport. If you want top recruits, you have to have a top recruiter. Unless you are an iconic program, the players coming out of high school mostly look to who will be their coach.

And just read about all the recruits from our class leaving. Almost lost my breakfast. Hope Rupp can salvage some sort of a class.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Looks like NJ is nothing more than a standard coaching sleazeball, but I guess that is S.O.P. for coaches that do nothing but recruit. It is a bit unfortunate that the kids he is taking with him will now receive a substandard education and wallow in Sunbelt obscurity, but at least they can learn from a guy that knows how to use other people to get what he wants.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I just wish it was like football recruiting. Sign 'em to a LOI all on one day. None of the secret posturing and grant-in-aid bs.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Why wasn't Brown signed to a letter-of-intent? It's pretty stupid for the head coach not to do this. This just further shows that Rupp has no idea what he's doing. Rupp should be fired immediately for this stupid mistake and replaced by someone who knows how to recruit and coach basketball. This makes Rupp look like the fool that he really is. Another year is lost in recruiting.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    Actually I never thought he was that good. He was supposedly a three point shooter but he shot like 20% from three in JuCo.

Still we obviously don't have anyone better.
    actually, josh shot 31 percent from 3 this year. i'm a big believer in numbers, that over the course of the full season, they don't lie. i thought josh would be a better shooter than that, much closer to 40 percent, but the numbers don't lie.

that said, he's a very smooth basketball player who plays the game the right way and has a knack for making plays. he's a very gifted athlete who plays much bigger and longer than his 6-3/6-4 frame. there's no doubt in my mind that he would have helped us immediately. i'm very disappointed that he's chosen to attend ull rather than coming back home to ruston. that said, it's water under the bridge now. we have two very talented young wings with three years of eligibility remaining in brandon gibson and darrius redding. here's hoping they both develop into prolific scorers.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Why wasn't Brown signed to a letter-of-intent? It's pretty stupid for the head coach not to do this. This just further shows that Rupp has no idea what he's doing. Rupp should be fired immediately for this stupid mistake and replaced by someone who knows how to recruit and coach basketball. This makes Rupp look like the fool that he really is. Another year is lost in recruiting.
    Don, do you know all the details? I don't, but it sounds like you are jumping to conclusions and assuming Rupp didn't do all he could. Shit happens.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    actually, josh shot 31 percent from 3 this year. i'm a big believer in numbers, that over the course of the full season, they don't lie. i thought josh would be a better shooter than that, much closer to 40 percent, but the numbers don't lie.

that said, he's a very smooth basketball player who plays the game the right way and has a knack for making plays. he's a very gifted athlete who plays much bigger and longer than his 6-3/6-4 frame. there's no doubt in my mind that he would have helped us immediately. i'm very disappointed that he's chosen to attend ull rather than coming back home to ruston. that said, it's water under the bridge now. we have two very talented young wings with three years of eligibility remaining in brandon gibson and darrius redding. here's hoping they both develop into prolific scorers.
    Thanks, I knew it wasn't great. 31% is better than 20%, but still not outstanding.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless Abandon View Post
    Don, do you know all the details? I don't, but it sounds like you are jumping to conclusions and assuming Rupp didn't do all he could. Shit happens.
    Rupp's 4th season will be about like Jerry Loyd's 4th season. Loyd was a decent coach, but a poor recruiter.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I am still hoping that there are some big secrets to be revealed - POSITIVE secrets........ My hope is that a recruiter is announced on the same day that 7 guys are announced that are coming with him. Yeah, I am going to TRY to remain an optimist......

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I am still hoping that there are some big secrets to be revealed - POSITIVE secrets........ My hope is that a recruiter is announced on the same day that 7 guys are announced that are coming with him. Yeah, I am going to TRY to remain an optimist......
    That optimism is getting a little more difficult these days isn't it.!???/ I know it is for me.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    That optimism is getting a little more difficult these days isn't it.!???/ I know it is for me.
    I will make it........ I just know there is a HUGE surprise waiting to be announced.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I will make it........ I just know there is a HUGE surprise waiting to be announced.
    You have to be President of 25 Optimists Clubs in Texas!!! Wish I could look at our MBB situation with just an ounce of positive....but I can't!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    You have to be President of 25 Optimists Clubs in Texas!!! Wish I could look at our MBB situation with just an ounce of positive....but I can't!!
    Deep inside I hurt at times......... I push through it, though. You really have no choice, unless you just give up.:icon_wink:

I am working on 26.

+ Reply to Thread