+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Josh Brown to ULL...

Varsity Bulldog jaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nice

Re: Josh Brown to ULL...

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    No thanks. But we do know that Nikita Johnson should not teach ethics courses.
    please guys lets not get into this with coaches ,colvie is right with the stuff behind the basketball, he and i both know how it goes ,the only thing i ask is we don't call the coaches names we are a fraternity we do have a code its best for us to please lets drop it and just think that nj is a bad guy, we ( colvie and some others)belive and know different lets just leave it at that.please please please for the fans who do not understand its a crazy bus. and if you cant get the players you wont get a job simple, the head coach will ask you up front what players can u get, no matter were it comes from, not how well can you develop a post or wing or special situation plays etc.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaguars2471 View Post
    please guys lets not get into this with coaches ,colvie is right with the stuff behind the basketball, he and i both know how it goes ,the only thing i ask is we don't call the coaches names we are a fraternity we do have a code its best for us to please lets drop it and just think that nj is a bad guy, we ( colvie and some others)belive and know different lets just leave it at that.please please please for the fans who do not understand its a crazy bus. and if you cant get the players you wont get a job simple, the head coach will ask you up front what players can u get, no matter were it comes from, not how well can you develop a post or wing or special situation plays etc.
    jaguars, I would try and tell you something about what Nikita thinks of that code but you've already given all your trust to him.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I believe you are right and I respect your position. But, you guys surely realize that we are loyal to a PROGRAM (more than to any coach or player). When we feel like a guy is dissing our PROGRAM, it isn't well-received. We have differing loyalties--it's a simple as that.

Varsity Bulldog jaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I believe you are right and I respect your position. But, you guys surely realize that we are loyal to a PROGRAM (more than to any coach or player). When we feel like a guy is dissing our PROGRAM, it isn't well-received. We have differing loyalties--it's a simple as that.

understood which is how it should be in terms of if someone is dissing your program i would be the same way in defending it, but like you said and i respect it, i have known NJ for 8yrs and i can only judge him on how he has been to me, and how he has treated my kids, which has been so many from helping them get to high school to jc, to d1,and he was always honest with me, so much even if i had a kid that could not play for the school he was at, he helped them play some were else. belive it or not thats how col vile and i got together and had a great relationship since, NJ recruited a kid i had 4years ago and he was good but not good enough to go to lsu, he told me about a guy i could trust and he would look after my kid, and we developed a relationship, the let my guy go, and i knew, know one there on there staff(and am sure they had great guys) but i did not know them so they wanted me to let the kid stay there without col vile, am not that comfortable with that( like i said in other posts the kids i have come from a different world the parents trust me to look after them if something goes wrong i would have to leave the country lol, i have a daughter and i am not comfortable leaving her at home with someone am not comfortable with, not saying i can not adjust to someone else thats a part of life but just like any relationship it takes time, and in the business of recruiting it is very sort) just my thoughts

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

understood which is how it should be in terms of if someone is dissing your program i would be the same way in defending it, but like you said and i respect it, i have known NJ for 8yrs and i can only judge him on how he has been to me, and how he has treated my kids, which has been so many from helping them get to high school to jc, to d1,and he was always honest with me, so much even if i had a kid that could not play for the school he was at, he helped them play some were else. belive it or not thats how col vile and i got together and had a great relationship since, NJ recruited a kid i had 4years ago and he was good but not good enough to go to lsu, he told me about a guy i could trust and he would look after my kid, and we developed a relationship, the let my guy go, and i knew, know one there on there staff(and am sure they had great guys) but i did not know them so they wanted me to let the kid stay there without col vile, am not that comfortable with that( like i said in other posts the kids i have come from a different world the parents trust me to look after them if something goes wrong i would have to leave the country lol, i have a daughter and i am not comfortable leaving her at home with someone am not comfortable with, not saying i can not adjust to someone else thats a part of life but just like any relationship it takes time, and in the business of recruiting it is very sort) just my thoughts
    Its good that he has the trust of high school and JC colleges and such because as you and Colvillea have pointed out that is a big part of recruiting. Unfortunately he has proven through his actions that his employers cannot trust him. With LSU, with us a pattern is developing. Hopefully that doesn't continue for ULLs sake and more importantly his own. If it doesn it eventually won't matter how much trust the high school coaches have in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    jaguars, I would try and tell you something about what Nikita thinks of that code but you've already given all your trust to him.
    God is my ultimate trust but i understand what you are saying lol I LOVE MY UNIVERSITY CENTRAL MISSOURI ST BUT WHAT I REMEMBER MOST IS MY COACHES TEACHERS WHO GOT ME THROUGH SOME TUFF TIMES KIP JANVRIN TRACK COACK ANT UNIVERSITY CMSU WARRENSBURG MO, I AM A HALL OF FA MER/DEGREE HOLDER MOSTLY BECAUSE OF KIP JANVRIN WE STILL TALK TODAY HE IS STILL IN COACHING, I GO BACK TO CMSU FOR A LOT OF REASONS BUT HE RECRUITED ME, AND IF HE WAS NOT THERE I MIGHT NOT GO AS OFTEN, ALONG WITH SOME OF THE TEACHERS, BUT AM JUST SAYING MY FEELINGS NOT TRYING TO CHANGE YOUR MIND,JUST HOPING YOU SEE AT LEAST TO ME HE WAS A GOOD MAN, AND YOU WONT PLEASE EVERYONE. THE BIBLE SAYS A PROPHET WILL NOT BE RECEIVED IN HIS OWN TOWN, SO WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT SOME ONE ELSE'S, LOOK AT JESUS AS GOOD AS HE TRIED TO BE THEY KILLED HIM DID NOT RECEIVED HIM, NOT TRYING TO PUT NJ AND JESUS IN THE SAME LEVEL NOOOOOOOOOOO WAY JUST AN EXTREME EXAMPLE LOL
    SO YOU HAVE YOUR POINT AND I HAVE MINE. WHAT IF U WERE IN MY SHOES HE TAKES CARE OF YOUR KIDS, AND OTHERS SAID HE WAS HORRIBLE? WELL U CAN ONLY JUDGE HIM BY HOW HE TREATED YOU RIGHT? IT WOULD HURT YOU TOO LIKE IT WOULD HURT IF IT LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE IS TRYING TO SABATAGE YOUR PROGRAM.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Jaguars, let me say thank you for letting Magnum come to La Tech. He was a welcome addition to our program and school. Though I never met him, he always struck me as an intelligent, classy guy. I know he will do well in anything he puts his mind to. It's a shame that we will not be able to see Scottie play here. I was hoping that Magnum would have talked about his experience at Tech, and persuaded Scottie to come here, but it didn't happen.

We are disappointed that he and Josh left, but it is what it is. I'm not in the collegiate basketball world, and understand where you are coming from. BUT I truly hope for Scottie's sake that NJ stays at ULL until he graduates.

All the best.

[quote=tigtoo30;914151]Jaguars, let me say thank you for letting Magnum come to La Tech. He was a welcome addition to our program and school. Though I never met him, he always struck me as an intelligent, classy guy. I know he will do well in anything he puts his mind to. It's a shame that we will not be able to see Scottie play here. I was hoping that Magnum would have talked about his experience at Tech, and persuaded Scottie to come here, but it didn't happen.

We are disappointed that he and Josh left, but it is what it is. I'm not in the collegiate basketball world, and understand where you are coming from. BUT I truly hope for Scottie's sake that NJ stays at ULL until he graduates.

thank you for your kind words and magnum loves his school

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

My eyes hurt from reading some of these posts

Big Dog justincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    Jaguars, let me say thank you for letting Magnum come to La Tech. He was a welcome addition to our program and school. Though I never met him, he always struck me as an intelligent, classy guy. I know he will do well in anything he puts his mind to. It's a shame that we will not be able to see Scottie play here. I was hoping that Magnum would have talked about his experience at Tech, and persuaded Scottie to come here, but it didn't happen.

All the best.
    Couldn't have said it better. I have had the pleasure of meeting Magnum and you hit it dead on. Very classy and intelligent. As a matter of fact, that describes most of the guys on the team

+ Reply to Thread