+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: La.Tech's Sonny Dykes prepares for spring recruiting - Shreveport Times

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Re: La.Tech's Sonny Dykes prepares for spring recruiting - Shreveport Times

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post
    IF I were to advise the coaching staff, and please be assured that I do NOT do that, I would simply tell them to keep on doing what they are now doing.

Men & Women, spring training was something to behold. At every practice ( and I saw almost every one ), there were high school coaching staffs from Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas, & Arkansas. Many of these high school coaches were disciples of the spread offense that have followed Tony Franklin & his spread philosophy for a long time. Others were coaches who have known Sonny for some time & wanted to see what he would be doing as a HEAD COACH at our school. One staff, sitting right below me at a practice, was very talkative---told me they LOVED what we were doing, both ways, & said they would be sending some very good players to us in the future. I cannot remember the high school in Texas they were from. By the way, when is the last time that General Shows has visited our practice? Based on what I saw at spring practice, I think the biggest problem we will face is NUMBERS---we will have a bucket-load of QB's & WR's that will want to come to our school as well as teammates that play other positions. Our problem will be to pick the best of those who want to come without getting overloaded at any one position ( WR for example ). We currently have at least 12 inside & outside receivers that can play with only ONE being a senior in 2010 ( please remember that what used to be called TE is now an "inside receiver" in our new offense.
    Just what I wanted to hear. Sorry, I don't know who G. Shows is.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by dawgdawgins View Post
    I believe it was Mansfield High School in Texas if you're referring to the coaches that were there the couple of practices before the spring game.
    You are exactly right. Thank you.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    Just what I wanted to hear. Sorry, I don't know who G. Shows is.
    Don Shows, HFC & 5-Star General at West Monroe, LA & a 5-A powerhouse in our state.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawgdawgins View Post
    I believe it was Mansfield High School in Texas if you're referring to the coaches that were there the couple of practices before the spring game.
    If so, we signed a WR from a Mansfield school last year. I think he was red shirted.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    If so, we signed a WR from a Mansfield school last year. I think he was red shirted.
    Sharmon Brown

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

Originally Posted by olddog75

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Sharmon Brown
    Sharman was signed out of Mansfield Timberview High School. Mansfield has four high schools, two 5A and two 4A, that all have pretty good teams. If we could establish and maintain relationships with them, it would definitely pay dividends.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Dawg View Post
    Originally Posted by olddog75

Sharman was signed out of Mansfield Timberview High School. Mansfield has four high schools, two 5A and two 4A, that all have pretty good teams. If we could establish and maintain relationships with them, it would definitely pay dividends.
    This is something a lot of LA Tech fans probably haven't considered:

- Hiring coach Dykes --a native Texan with a VERY RECOGNIZABLE name within the state of Texas-- should have a VERY positive impact on LA Tech's ability to recruit Texas athletes. Because of his fathers long time head coaching success at Texas Tech, "Dykes" is literally a household name in most Texas High Schools. There are a ton of "Dykes Disciples" in the state of Texas high school coaching ranks.

- We've never been down this road before. LA Tech has never had a coach with the deep roots and numerous coaching ties or contacts that Sonny Dykes has. Certainly not in a recruiting area as fertile as Texas.

This is gonna be good. REAL Good. :icon_wink:

HD

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

From what I have seen of him, Dykes is a guy that can relate to all those high school coaches.

+ Reply to Thread