+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 mlb

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

2010 mlb

A 20 inning game? A Rockies no-hitter? An amazing Buehrle diamond gem? Baseball is beautiful. I thought we should have a general MLB thread for anyone who cares. This season is going to need it.

I've always wanted to see a marathon game like that. I'd really like to see a no-hitter live too. Anyone here been to either?

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Re: 2010 mlb

Oh, and I hate visiting people and being asked to do chores. Recently some friends of mine went to Boston. Apparently this place called Fenway was dirty and they gave it a good sweep. Is that how Boston treats its visitors?

=o)

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    A 20 inning game? A Rockies no-hitter? An amazing Buehrle diamond gem? Baseball is beautiful. I thought we should have a general MLB thread for anyone who cares. This season is going to need it.

I've always wanted to see a marathon game like that. I'd really like to see a no-hitter live too. Anyone here been to either?
    You are right. Baseball is beautiful. I'm watching the Rangers at Red Sox game right now.

15 innings is the longest game I've ever attended. I've been to one no-hitter -Nolan Ryan's 5th no-hitter (1981). I've seen several one hitters.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

I have been to probably 50-60 extra innings games (we had an 18-inning game last week) and 1 nine inning no-hitter and 2 seven inning no-hitters.

Of course, these have all been MiLB games.

The longest MLB game I have been to was 15 innings I think. No MLB no hitter.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

My indians pretty much blow and I'll be following along a lot less. It is doubtful I'll pay attention until the playoffs. Just how it rolls.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    I have been to probably 50-60 extra innings games (we had an 18-inning game last week) and 1 nine inning no-hitter and 2 seven inning no-hitters.

Of course, these have all been MiLB games.

The longest MLB game I have been to was 15 innings I think. No MLB no hitter.
    Many of you may find this strange but I enjoy the MiLB game atmosphere more than MLB most of the time. I'm even thinking about subscribing to MiLB.TV.

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

There is nothing like watching a baseball game in person. So much is lost when watching the game on TV as compared to in person. The atmosphere of the stadium and all the people around is what makes baseball the best. Everyone is 10 years old again when watching a baseball game at their favorite teams stadium.

The coolest thing I've ever seen in a MLB game is when I was in Boston watching the White Sox and Red Sox in 06'. I saw Carlos Pena hit a bottom of the ninth walk off home run to win it for the Sox. Fenway turned into a giant party. It was awesome. The best game I have ever seen was the Tech vs. Mississippi State game....best game ever...

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

I have a problem with the 20 inning game being called a "classic" (by espn, not anyone here)

18 straight scoreless innings?? The Cards run out of pitchers and use OF and IF's before ANY offense is generated?!?!?

That's what I would call two teams that should be embarrassed for their offenses on that night. I would have prolly left after about 12 scoreless innings. TECH game.... 14-15 scoreless..

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFight71 View Post
    There is nothing like watching a baseball game in person. So much is lost when watching the game on TV as compared to in person. The atmosphere of the stadium and all the people around is what makes baseball the best. Everyone is 10 years old again when watching a baseball game at their favorite teams stadium.

The best game I have ever seen was the Tech vs. Mississippi State game....best game ever...
    I couldn't agree more with both of those points.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Sorry, but a 20-inning game is classic especially one that is tied in the bottom for the 19th to go into additional frames.

Yes the MiLB game is more of a game than MLB...players still trying to do the little things.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I've never been at a no-hitter, but I've been to a professional game that ended in a tie. Not too many people (well, Americans anyway) can say that.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Sorry, but a 20-inning game is classic especially one that is tied in the bottom for the 19th to go into additional frames.
    IMO... if the game was 2-2, 4-4, or something like that, then I would agree. Watching a game with essentially no offense for 18 innings is much like watching Soccer where 50% of the match is spent passing back and forth on your side of the field...

.... or NASCAR with no wrecks.

Plus, you just feel like you really got your money's worth. It's like when you buy something from the vending machine and a second one drops out too.

Here's a very tough quiz on the rules of baseball - http://www.rulesofbaseball.com/quiz1.html

See how many you get right.

The Tampa Bay Rays have the worst fans in all of baseball. I hope Indianapolis enjoys their new ballclub in 2028.

+ Reply to Thread