+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ULM Hires Keith Richard

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: ULM Hires Keith Richard

Quote Originally Posted by TBDawg01 View Post
    The reason ULM is in the shape they are in is because of stuff like this. You hire a search firm, then hire Richard. While I think Keith is a great hire for them, they certainly didn't need to spend thousands of dollars to get him.

TB
    Word is they still had a $750 credit with Carr from the football deal. They are even now.

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Word is they still had a $750 credit with Carr from the football deal. They are even now.
    Dont be suprised to see Kevin Johnson on this staff too.....

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

love the hire for ulm. keith's time in ruston had run its course, but overall, he had a very solid record at tech, particularly in the sun belt. he gets a second time as a head coach at his alma mater. congrats to keith. he had his fans and his detractors at tech, and i was on both sides of the issue at various times, but i always felt he poured himself into his job and was a straight shooter. i think he'll do a good job there.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

I talked to Keith Richard many times at various TECH events. Aside from the foul language on the court, he is a very likeable person.

Our Memphis alumni group treated him team to a pregame meal before their last game at Memphis. It was fun.

It was also fun watching Paul individually dismantle Calipari's team the first year we played them.

I ran into Calipari at a social function before the first game. I asked him what he thought about Keith Richard. He said, "Who? Never heard of him." I asked him after the TECH win and he had nothing but nice things to say about him and Paul Milsap.

Of course, he was drunk during the first conversation. (no, I was not drunk for either).

Puppy bmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I am happy with this hire. Especially if Casey Jones is really coming on as his top assistant.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

He won 60% of his games at Tech and their last coach didn't come close to that. Knows the area, coaches, and can tout being from LSU now to recruits. This was a good hire for them IMO. I wondered if they would be able to come up with the money to pay him but not surprised. They weren't going to get anyone better than him. He will win games there and in Belt.

No appearances in NCAA tournament at Tech.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    Will need to find that one horse he always seems to attach himself to.
    TWSS

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if he'll hire Nakita Johnson as his top recruiter? Johnson could bring some top players with him.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bmwilderULM View Post
    I am happy with this hire. Especially if Casey Jones is really coming on as his top assistant.
    Richard is a good hire for y'all Brandon.

When Tech was in the Sun Belt, and Keith was our HC against the Arkie States, and South Alabamas of the world, the Dawgs did pretty well. As we got further into the WAC play, we realized we needed to make a change.

Keith is a great guy...very personable...and I think he'll do fine at ULM.
    Last edited by ChuckK3; 04-22-2010 at 04:48 PM.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I think you guys are mistaken about Richard having coached at Tech. I read the News-Star report a couple of days ago about Richard being a candidate at Monroe, and they mentioned several schools where he had coached, but there was absolutely no mention of Tech.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I think you guys are mistaken about Richard having coached at Tech. I read the News-Star report a couple of days ago about Richard being a candidate at Monroe, and they mentioned several schools where he had coached, but there was absolutely no mention of Tech.
    I believe he should be fired today. He has yet to sign any recruits and he hasn't won a single game, and most of all, no NCAA tournament appearances. I want to be the first to go on the record in support of his immediate termination.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

My only concern would be your APR and graduation rates. I hope he has learned a thing or two while away from Tech because that was one of his downfalls while here.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

They better sign a Millsap or they won't be good - at all. I still can't believe we couldn't win more games with that kind of talent.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    Come on, ULM. You're not even trying anymore.

I mean, Richard? Really?

Honestly, who really cares what ULM does any particular week, month, or year.
    Last edited by Designated Hitter; 04-23-2010 at 12:38 PM.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter View Post
    Honestly, who really cares what ULM does and particular week, month, or year.
    You shouldn't be amazed, considering they had hundreds of applications for the HC in football, that they had over 100 for the HC in MBB.

Staub is really a piece of work.

+ Reply to Thread