+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Roshell signs with Bulldogs - BleedTechBlue

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Re: Roshell signs with Bulldogs - BleedTechBlue

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Why are you saying my post is negative? I'm just so happy that we are now signing jucos that are reserves on their juco team. He might have better stats if he got more playing time. Maybe he was great in high school and played injured all year. Do you have his high school stats or his fr juco stats? I'm sure he's going to lead us to a national championship like the center at Duke did for them.

thanks for contributing.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Rupp didn't release this. Roshell let it slip. And I don't think this is Oliverson at all.
    I hope he isn't Oliverson. However, neither you nor I have any proof at all if he is or not. None. His stats are not particularly good, but he supposedly played on a loaded team. Maybe he's more than a big body, because we need someone to play the 5 immediately.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Big Dog justincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the rough

I'm glad to have Antwond coming to Tech. If our coaches think he's going to be able to contribute at Tech then I'm on board.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

The ppg doesn't look great, but the other stats do. Did the offense flow through another player on the team? We have seen that before at Tech when we had other weapons.

Anyway, the size looks great! If he can be coached up, I think this is a HUGE sign! Glad to hear some good news. We needed a big post player!

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I hope he isn't Oliverson. However, neither you nor I have any proof at all if he is or not. None. His stats are not particularly good, but he supposedly played on a loaded team. Maybe he's more than a big body, because we need someone to play the 5 immediately.
    Talking about singings now is silly. For all we know Roshell could be the back up center next year. You never know and won't even have a decent idea until we announce everyone on board.

Personally I like this signing. I've been hearing about this kid for a while now. I'm pretty sure this is a guy we were trying to get when Scottie Farrington was still on board. I don't know if the coaches are expecting him to play 30 minutes a game or if they want to find 2 guys to play 20 minutes a game. Either way I think this signing is a huge step in what we are going to do next year.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by dchi72 View Post
    See my signature line
    I took a look at your signature line and you misspelled they. Perhaps you and Rupp both need to pay more attention to details. You need to check your spelling, and Rupp needs to check and see if his assistant coaches are using GIAs or LOIs.

I know. I know. I hit you below the belt, but I just couldn't resist. In a way you asked for it because otherwise I would have ignored your signature line.

Oh well, it is now April 22 and we only need 6 more scholarship players. I am feeling better already.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    I took a look at your signature line and you misspelled they. Perhaps you and Rupp both need to pay more attention to details. You need to check your spelling, and Rupp needs to check and see if his assistant coaches are using GIAs or LOIs.

I know. I know. I hit you below the belt, but I just couldn't resist. In a way you asked for it because otherwise I would have ignored your signature line.

Oh well, it is now April 22 and we only need 6 more scholarship players. I am feeling better already.
    FWIW we think we only need 6 more players. I think we probably actually only have about 3 spots (or less) to actually fill.

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

Sorry- Still not excited. A JUCO that averages 5 points per game. Just doesnt do it for me and prove that Rupp is doing the things necessary.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

And Roshell put up better stats while competing with better teammates for play time. How many players from Odessa signed to play D1 ball this year? John A Logan is sending 1 guy to UCLA, 1 guy to Arizona, 1 guy to TCU, 1 guy to Albany, and another 2 that haven't decided yet (along with Roshell to Tech).

Odessa is sending 2 guys to ULL and 1 guy to MTSU.
    Regardless of which juco they came from, they will all be academic liabilities, and they will each require a academic nanny to nurse them through their respective universities. They all will also be gone in two years too. And their college coaches will be frantically scrambling for their next juco fix similar thereunto to a drug addict looking for their next fix.

Call me negative, call me pesimistic, call me disloyal, but there is a better way. Rupp just hasn't tried it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    Regardless of which juco they came from, they will all be academic liabilities, and they will each require a academic nanny to nurse them through their respective universities. They all will also be gone in two years too. And their college coaches will be frantically scrambling for their next juco fix similar thereunto to a drug addict looking for their next fix.

Call me negative, call me pesimistic, call me disloyal, but there is a better way. Rupp just hasn't tried it yet.
    I'll call you a moron. You want us to sign 8 high school kids this year? Because then we'd be scrambling for a guy to fill those holes in 4 years. The logical response is to take a few jucos and a few high school kids and even out the class. That way we can sign more than 2 players over the next 2 years.

I'll call you a moron. You want us to sign 8 high school kids this year? Because then we'd be scrambling for a guy to fill those holes in 4 years. The logical response is to take a few jucos and a few high school kids and even out the class. That way we can sign more than 2 players over the next 2 years.
    This is the same lame excuse that you people have been posing on Rupp's behalf since he arrived on campus. You know without one iota of doubt that his recruiting has been less than acceptable. I have never seen such turnover turmoil on a basketball roster in such a short tenure. He has not merely tried to supplement with transfers and jucos. He has tried to make a living off of them, and it hasn't worked very well.

It appears that he is frantically scrambling to fill gaping holes as we trade jabs.

You also may call me a moron if it makes you feel any better. Please be my guest. But the old cliche comes to mind. "The longest journey in the world begins with the first step." Rupp appears reluctant or incapable of taking that first step toward stability and sustainability.

Big Dog kdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogfan1 View Post
    Sorry- Still not excited. A JUCO that averages 5 points per game. Just doesnt do it for me and prove that Rupp is doing the things necessary.
    JUCO bigs don't get many touches. It's a guard's game. Get over the PPG.

I have a feeling that if he average a double-double the same ones on here would be saying that it wouldn't translate into the WAC, so we'll just have to see. Once again, great way to welcome the newest member of the Bulldog family.

Bulldog cdav245 is on top of his/her gamecdav245 is on top of his/her gamecdav245 is on top of his/her gamecdav245 is on top of his/her gamecdav245 is on top of his/her gamecdav245 is on top of his/her gamecdav245 is on top of his/her gamecdav245 is on top of his/her gamecdav245 is on top of his/her gamecdav245 is on top of his/her gamecdav245 is on top of his/her game

If you think college basketball is the sport for stability and sustainability, you might want to start follwing another sport. College basketball is the most unstable college sport. Players and coaches come and go quick. Look at LSU, a very respectable basketball program. A coaching change recently and if the current coach doesn't light it up with his current recruits he is possible gone. And most of his recruits if they have a good year are gone.

It sucks how things have played out the last couple of weeks, but let Rupp and his assistants work. We came off a good season. If the team lays an egg next year, then I might have another opinion of Rupp, but until then let the man work.

Quote Originally Posted by cdav245 View Post
    If you think college basketball is the sport for stability and sustainability, you might want to start follwing another sport. College basketball is the most unstable college sport. Players and coaches come and go quick. Look at LSU, a very respectable basketball program. A coaching change recently and if the current coach doesn't light it up with his current recruits he is possible gone. And most of his recruits if they have a good year are gone.

It sucks how things have played out the last couple of weeks, but let Rupp and his assistants work. We came off a good season. If the team lays an egg next year, then I might have another opinion of Rupp, but until then let the man work.
    Let's exclude the coaching changes across the college basketball landscape for the moment. I am referring to the way that Rupp has turned his roster into a revolving door beginning with the end of his first season. He has been a recruiting disaster. How can anyone argue with that statement. I have lost count of how many players have appeared on the roster and then just as suddenly been erased from the roster. Some before they ever put on their game uniform. It has been the exact opposite of stability and sustainability. He must do better or he is doomed.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: First signee

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Offered by Cincinnati? Nice.
    Where did it say offered, I missed that?

+ Reply to Thread