+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Tech and the SEC

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tech and the SEC

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguylatech View Post
    I don't think people have a big problem with that.. i know i don't.. i understand completely that you can be busy.. heck i stay busy nowadays.. its the people that are big supporters of other schools that come to tech and yet don't want to support tech.. if you love a school so much then go to school there is what i was getting at
    I agree! I don't have a problem with that at all. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to reach out more, though, to all of those that we can.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I sure wish we could get the students out like for the Hawaii Red Out game last year. That long line (dare I say flood) of red coming across from the campus was awesome. Just shows what some marketing will do.
    Last edited by Houston Techsan; 05-07-2010 at 03:58 PM. Reason: typo

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Dooley put a lot of effort into pumping up the students and alum for that game. Do we have anybody that will do that now? One of the things we may miss with his leaving if someone doesn't step up and fill that "enthusiasm" gap.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I sure wish we could get the students out like for the Hawaii Red Out game last year. That long line (dare I say flood) of red coming across from the campus was awesome. Just shows what some marketing will do.
    I can tell y'all our players loved that and they are still talking about it! We need to get everyone pumped up for the Red Out, because I guarantee all that energy flows right into our boys!!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

From the Bleacher Report, but interesting anyway... http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...-mountain-west

"One of the most storied conferences of all time slipped away in the '90s due to NCAA sanctions and the loss of Arkansas to the expansion of the SEC. If the Big 12 North runs for the Big Ten (Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri) or Pac-10 (Colorado), the four former SWC schools and their new Big 12 South buddies in Oklahoma could revive the SWC by rejoining TCU, SMU, Houston, and Rice. The new SWC could even try to persuade their Eastern neighbors in Arkansas and Louisiana (LSU, Tulane, and LA Tech) to join up since they both already heavily recruit from Texas anyway, and this would increase their exposure in the state. This would also give LSU and Arkansas an easier road to a BCS game than the SEC offers. But this solution depends on the destruction of the Big 12, which I think is a long shot (and it would be nearly impossible to get Arkansas and LSU to leave the SEC)."

"I would invite to join the conference UTEP, Tulsa, Tulane, Memphis (or UAB), and Southern Miss from C-USA, New Mexico from the MWC, and LA Tech and New Mexico State from the WAC. The conference could be divided into East and West divisions like so: EAST: Houston, Rice, LA Tech, Tulane, So Miss, and Memphis (or UAB)
    WEST: TCU, SMU, Tulsa, UTEP, New Mexico, and NM State
    SMU and TCU can be in the same conference again and battle for the best of DFW in the Battle of the Iron Skillet, and Louisiana Tech and Tulane can finally have in-state rivals."

"While I agree it would be a small step back for TCU to revive the SWC so would trying to save a dieing MWC. If Utah and BYU leave I cannot see TCU remaining with the mountain schools for much longer. I can see Tulsa, New Mexico, UTEP, Houston, So Miss and LA Tech all as quality football schools if they had a chance."

Varsity Bulldog sportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the rough sportsguylatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    From the Bleacher Report, but interesting anyway... http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...-mountain-west

"One of the most storied conferences of all time slipped away in the '90s due to NCAA sanctions and the loss of Arkansas to the expansion of the SEC. If the Big 12 North runs for the Big Ten (Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri) or Pac-10 (Colorado), the four former SWC schools and their new Big 12 South buddies in Oklahoma could revive the SWC by rejoining TCU, SMU, Houston, and Rice. The new SWC could even try to persuade their Eastern neighbors in Arkansas and Louisiana (LSU, Tulane, and LA Tech) to join up since they both already heavily recruit from Texas anyway, and this would increase their exposure in the state. This would also give LSU and Arkansas an easier road to a BCS game than the SEC offers. But this solution depends on the destruction of the Big 12, which I think is a long shot (and it would be nearly impossible to get Arkansas and LSU to leave the SEC)."

"I would invite to join the conference UTEP, Tulsa, Tulane, Memphis (or UAB), and Southern Miss from C-USA, New Mexico from the MWC, and LA Tech and New Mexico State from the WAC. The conference could be divided into East and West divisions like so: EAST: Houston, Rice, LA Tech, Tulane, So Miss, and Memphis (or UAB)
    WEST: TCU, SMU, Tulsa, UTEP, New Mexico, and NM State
    SMU and TCU can be in the same conference again and battle for the best of DFW in the Battle of the Iron Skillet, and Louisiana Tech and Tulane can finally have in-state rivals."

"While I agree it would be a small step back for TCU to revive the SWC so would trying to save a dieing MWC. If Utah and BYU leave I cannot see TCU remaining with the mountain schools for much longer. I can see Tulsa, New Mexico, UTEP, Houston, So Miss and LA Tech all as quality football schools if they had a chance."
    I like it.. the only problems i would see arise would be memphis and new mexico and new mexico state.. memphis because they have no travel partner and the new mexico schools because I would imagine they want to stay out west

+ Reply to Thread