+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Jersey Wing Commits to La Tech - FromTheBlueSeats.com

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Re: New Jersey Wing Commits to La Tech - FromTheBlueSeats.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Nicholls State found a player in Australia, Anatoly Bose...
    16th in the NCAA in scoring
    1st team All-Louisiana
    1st team All-Southland
    All-Southland tournament team
    NABC 1st team All-District
    invited to Australian national team try-outs
    and he still has 1 year left of eligibility...

Who cares where they are from if they are good?
    First of all, Nichols State probably didn't fine him. A headhunter found him then found Nichols State. The headhunter/s profited from the deal. Why else would they get involved.

Anatoly Bose came and benefited from the scholarship. If he manages to stay in the U. S. after college please read the paragraph below. If he chooses to return to his country of origin then I suppose that we can all revel in the contribution that he made to Nichols State basketball and forget the resources that he consumed and that were denied an American.

Last year while our economy was losing 5.000,000 jobs our federal government was at the same time issuing 1,131,000 green cards to legal immigrants so that they could come and compete for the remaining jobs. Many times the legal immigrants succeed in obtaining the jobs because they will work for less--in many cases much less.

Oh well, why should we care that some think that the U. S. exists to provide employment and scholarships to the rest of the world. I have yet to find that in the Constitution.

But then what do I know. I have been called an idiot, a bigot, a racist, and just plain crazy because I disagree with this behavior.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    First of all, Nichols State probably didn't fine him. A headhunter found him then found Nichols State. The headhunter/s profited from the deal. Why else would they get involved.

Anatoly Bose came and benefited from the scholarship. If he manages to stay in the U. S. after college please read the paragraph below. If he chooses to return to his country of origin then I suppose that we can all revel in the contribution that he made to Nichols State basketball and forget the resources that he consumed and that were denied an American.

Last year while our economy was losing 5.000,000 jobs our federal government was at the same time issuing 1,131,000 green cards to legal immigrants so that they could come and compete for the remaining jobs. Many times the legal immigrants succeed in obtaining the jobs because they will work for less--in many cases much less.

Oh well, why should we care that some think that the U. S. exists to provide employment and scholarships to the rest of the world. I have yet to find that in the Constitution.

But then what do I know. I have been called an idiot, a bigot, a racist, and just plain crazy because I disagree with this behavior.
    Oh, the irony that the descendants of immigrants who came to this land in search of better opportunities now bemoan the arrival of immigrants who come to this land in search of better opportunities...

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have a problem with Rupp recruiting players from several thousand miles away as long as they're good players, but, so far we have a juco committ that averages 4.5 points/game and a high school kid that averages 8 points/ game. You'll have a hard time convincing me that there aren't better players that he could recruit in La., Ark., Texas, and Mississippi.

Varsity Bulldog dascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her game

Please have a little knowledge on the topics you write about. Division 1 college basketball do not have any such thing called "headhunters." If they did, it would be against NCAA rules resulting in NCAA sanctions. If they did have headhunters, it would be schools like Kentucky and Kansas that would have them because they have the money to afford them not Nicholls State. The Nicholls State coaches saw Bose at a tournament in Las Vegas where he was playing with a club team.

Your point about immigrant that receive green cards working for less is invalid. What happens when an immigrant that receives a green card applies for a job is that there's a process where the employer has to submit paper work to the department of the Congress to get a prevailing wage. A prevailing wage is what the highest going salary for the position that the immigrant with the green card is applying for. The employer must pay the this employee that same "highest going salary" to conform with immigration laws. This law was put in place so that employers wouldn't take the easy way out and employ certain people for less wages.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabzooks View Post
    Just curious, HogDawg, do you have it on good authority that Rupp is indeed NOT recruiting any of these "quality" LA recruits?

It seems he at least recruited and OFFERED a scholarship to the following:
    • Kourtney Roberson (LA-TX; signed TX A&M)
    • Matt Derenbecker (LA; signed LSU)
    • Josh Brown (LA; verbal to ULL)
    • Cedric Jenkins (LA; signed S.Miss)
    • Markel Brown (LA; signed OKst)
    And, according to rivals and scout, he was on the trail of several others.

So, based on this information, is your beef with Rupp that he doesn't recruit local talent (which the facts seem to indicate otherwise) OR that he hasn't landed any of the local talent that he has INDEED recruited? Because, I think those are two distinct discussion points.

I could understand someone questioning and beginning to have concern with the fact that Rupp isn't seeming able to acquire any of the local "legit" talent. But, I cannot necessarily understand someone saying that he is not recruiting that local talent at all, which seems to be what you are saying. The facts seem to say otherwise.
    That's a good --and fair-- question. When I say "recruit", I mean recruit WELL. Obviously Rupp is not recruiting WELL if he's not signing anybody. Again, to consistently recruit WELL, you need to earn the trust of the people you are recruiting.

HD

Varsity Bulldog dascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her gamedascoop is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I don't have a problem with Rupp recruiting players from several thousand miles away as long as they're good players, but, so far we have a juco committ that averages 4.5 points/game and a high school kid that averages 8 points/ game. You'll have a hard time convincing me that there aren't better players that he could recruit in La., Ark., Texas, and Mississippi.
    Alright, name some. You have to remember that a lot of Louisiana basketball players have to go to juco/prep schools because of grades. See Kourtney Roberson and Josh Brown

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dascoop View Post
    Please have a little knowledge on the topics you write about. Division 1 college basketball do not have any such thing called "headhunters." If they did, it would be against NCAA rules resulting in NCAA sanctions. If they did have headhunters, it would be schools like Kentucky and Kansas that would have them because they have the money to afford them not Nicholls State. The Nicholls State coaches saw Bose at a tournament in Las Vegas where he was playing with a club team.

Your point about immigrant that receive green cards working for less is invalid. What happens when an immigrant that receives a green card applies for a job is that there's a process where the employer has to submit paper work to the department of the Congress to get a prevailing wage. A prevailing wage is what the highest going salary for the position that the immigrant with the green card is applying for. The employer must pay the this employee that same "highest going salary" to conform with immigration laws. This law was put in place so that employers wouldn't take the easy way out and employ certain people for less wages.
    You are very naive and misinformed. You need to join the real world.

Big Dog gabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud of

You may have a point, DONW. Name a few of those players (from LA, Ark, TX, and MS) that you're speaking of. Which 6'10" kid (comparable to our Juco recruit) from LA, Ark, TX, and MS are you speaking of?

A few of the good LA and TX kids were recruited, but chose to go elsewhere. We're currently recruiting three HS kids from AL, TX, and MS, who put up "better numbers" than the Juco and Macedonian recruit. Hope we get them too.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    That's a good --and fair-- question. When I say "recruit", I mean recruit WELL. Obviously Rupp is not recruiting WELL if he's not signing anybody. Again, to consistently recruit WELL, you need to earn the trust of the people you are recruiting.

HD
    Earn people's trust. Are you serious, you are recruiting against LSU, OK State, TX A&M and even SMiss, which plays in a better conference than the WAC, regionally at least. You obviously don't understand the mind of an 18 and 19 year old. They see the glitz and glamour, and they go for that. I really think you need to go see the facilities at some of these places and compare it to Tech. Trust me, these guys are not flying commercial and sitting in airport for hours because of delayed flights. They play a game at Kansas and are back home before midnight. They don't share gyms with other sports, they have their own practice gyms. When it comes to teenagers, trust is not the big issue when it comes to recruiting.

You are very naive and misinformed. You need to join the real world.

Please explain to me where I'm naive and prove it with factual evidence. Don't just make dumb statements. It is actually you that needs to join the real world

Alright, name some. You have to remember that a lot of Louisiana basketball players have to go to juco/prep schools because of grades. See Kourtney Roberson and Josh Brown
    I don't follow high school basketball as much as I do football, but, Louisiana Select mentioned a kid in another thread that averaged 21 points/game and I believe he was from Many. He knew him well because he played for his AAU team. I bet Louisiana Select could put together a team from La. that have not signed a scholarship and beat this group Rupp is recruiting.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Okay....everybody needs to step back and take a breath.

For you "INTERNATIONAL" fans, here's a video tribute from Tanberg, which was recently acquired by Cisco. The Tandberg people were so happy to be acqured by Cisco, they made a video about it using Cisco's Telepresence technology. In 40 countries. In 5 continents. In only 24 hours.

Welcome to the Human Network.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0VepTPWaAE

HD

Big Dog gabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud of

I don't follow high school basketball as much as I do football, but, Louisiana Select mentioned a kid in another thread that averaged 21 points/game and I believe he was from Many. He knew him well because he played for his AAU team. I bet Louisiana Select could put together a team from La. that have not signed a scholarship and beat this group Rupp is recruiting.
    Hmmm. Maybe he could put together a superior team. Maybe he could not. We'll never know. So your point serves this discussion in what way exactly?

If conjecture and speculation are our main lines of reasoning, then I'll speculate that a 24-win (progressively improving) Div-1 coach and his paid staff (whose job is to master such matters as bball recruiting) perhaps know what they're doing, at least to some extent. But that's merely my amateurish speculation; what do I know?

Earn people's trust. Are you serious, you are recruiting against LSU, OK State, TX A&M and even SMiss, which plays in a better conference than the WAC, regionally at least. You obviously don't understand the mind of an 18 and 19 year old. They see the glitz and glamour, and they go for that. I really think you need to go see the facilities at some of these places and compare it to Tech. Trust me, these guys are not flying commercial and sitting in airport for hours because of delayed flights. They play a game at Kansas and are back home before midnight. They don't share gyms with other sports, they have their own practice gyms. When it comes to teenagers, trust is not the big issue when it comes to recruiting.

Boo hoo.....:bigcry:.

We all have competitors. Welcome to the FREE WORLD!!!!

Yeah that losing recruits to ULL and Southern Miss is tough.

HD

Big Dog kdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of light

In regards to the "headhunter" thing. Let's say that this does happen...OK. Where the hell do you think Tech is getting the money to pay someone like this?

+ Reply to Thread