+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2010-2011 Roster

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 2010-2011 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Man, that's a 16-man rotation! I honestly think that Rupp will ultimately settle on an 8- or 9-man rotation featuring Brown, Gibson, Redding, Bartlett, Gjuroski, Olu, Souza, Roshell and Deuce. I'm not sure how the minutes will be split up, and that's not featuring another potential recruit or two that might show up. I think that Hunsaker might redshirt, unless he's ready to go in the fall. If he is, then you could add him to that rotation for about 5-8 minutes per game.
    It would be VERY nice to not have to worry if someone gets hurt like last season. The depth this year looks awesome!

Puppy colvillea Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecolvillea Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecolvillea Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecolvillea Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecolvillea Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecolvillea Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecolvillea Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecolvillea Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

DocMarvin, your pretty tough behind your computer. I am his High School coach Mr. Ford but I don't have my hand out for any of my players. I want what is best for all of them. You guys that sit behind your computers seem to think you have all the answers.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by colvillea View Post
    DocMarvin, your pretty tough behind your computer. I am his High School coach Mr. Ford but I don't have my hand out for any of my players. I want what is best for all of them. You guys that sit behind your computers seem to think you have all the answers.
    We do have all the answers.

Wait, you want right answers - well now, that's a different story.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

That's funny. You have spent more time here on your ass behind your keyboard rather than TEACHING the kids that you currently coach. I guess Nakita hasn't told you to go coach your kids, so you can't do that.
    Last edited by DocMarvin362; 04-28-2010 at 05:59 PM.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Man, that's a 16-man rotation! I honestly think that Rupp will ultimately settle on an 8- or 9-man rotation featuring Brown, Gibson, Redding, Bartlett, Gjuroski, Olu, Souza, Roshell and Deuce. I'm not sure how the minutes will be split up, and that's not featuring another potential recruit or two that might show up. I think that Hunsaker might redshirt, unless he's ready to go in the fall. If he is, then you could add him to that rotation for about 5-8 minutes per game.
    I know that it's unrealistic, but look at the minutes!! I don't think that we can afford to RS Hunsucker, Gjuroski, or Deuce because of the position that they play and the lack of depth that we have. I'm the KING of wanting people to Red-shirt, but I don't think that they can.

I think that if we something similar to that rotation for the first 10 games or so, then the players will start to separate themselves and the true starters won't be exhausted!! Hall, Stegall, Rake and Mar..... elo could easily get 2 minutes a game just to give a starter a break!! Unfortunantly, I think that they will only get used if we're up by 25 on some cupcake. None of them get 2 Red-shirt years, so why not give them a little court time!

Puppy colvillea Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecolvillea Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecolvillea Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecolvillea Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecolvillea Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecolvillea Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecolvillea Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecolvillea Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

DocMarvin, you don't know anything about me number one. How many kids have you helped get scholarships? Number two, if I didn't care about Darius I would tell him to leave but I think La Tech is the best place for him even if I think a lot of Darius. By the way, I have helped La Tech a lot more than you think. I caught a mistake on B. Gibsons transcript that would have left him with 15 core classes. They added one more in the spring and he made it. Would you believe that one of your players actually signed with me out of high school. David Jackson. I begged Nikita to go and recruit him. Most of you guys like how David played at Tech. I just call them like I see them.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

By the way, I have helped La Tech a lot more than you think. I caught a mistake on B. Gibsons transcript that would have left him with 15 core classes. They added one more in the spring and he made it. Would you believe that one of your players actually signed with me out of high school. David Jackson. I begged Nikita to go and recruit him. Most of you guys like how David played at Tech. I just call them like I see them.
    I'll be the first one to thank you.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

DocMarvin, you don't know anything about me number one. How many kids have you helped get scholarships? Number two, if I didn't care about Darius I would tell him to leave but I think La Tech is the best place for him even if I think a lot of Darius. By the way, I have helped La Tech a lot more than you think. I caught a mistake on B. Gibsons transcript that would have left him with 15 core classes. They added one more in the spring and he made it. Would you believe that one of your players actually signed with me out of high school. David Jackson. I begged Nikita to go and recruit him. Most of you guys like how David played at Tech. I just call them like I see them.
    All of what you say above may be true. And if so, then we're all grateful.

But, you brought the animosity and the ire of Tech fans onto yourself last weekend with your derisive, vindictive, and selfish comments about LA Tech's program and the whole Nikita Johnson fiasco. That was probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen a "coach" do on this board.

Having said all that, I for one, am willing to let you back "in the club". I figure you're probably a lot better at coaching basketball than you are at posting. And, come to think of it, there's a lot of people on here that are better at other stuff than posting. (Don't get me to start naming names!)

But DON'T EVER forget that we're LA Tech fans first and foremost. If that means we have to throw your butt --and Nikita Johnson's-- under the bus (metaphorically speaking) to prevent you from slandering our program, we'll be happy to oblige. :icon_wink:

Welcome back.

HD

I understand where your coming from hogdawg but you don't know all the info. You have the right to think that Nikita is what you think he is but I have more info on the deal. Like most people it is easy to make a better judgement when we have most of the info. I understand that everyone here is more of a Tech fan than I. I do have more loyalty with NJ because he coached me and I coached with him and also DRed because he played for me but I don't let that influence me in what is best for my players. Like I said, I signed David Jackson out of HS and if I didn't think NJ and LA Tech were the best fit than I would not have talked to him about coming.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I understand where your coming from hogdawg but you don't know all the info. You have the right to think that Nikita is what you think he is but I have more info on the deal. Like most people it is easy to make a better judgement when we have most of the info. I understand that everyone here is more of a Tech fan than I. I do have more loyalty with NJ because he coached me and I coached with him and also DRed because he played for me but I don't let that influence me in what is best for my players. Like I said, I signed David Jackson out of HS and if I didn't think NJ and LA Tech were the best fit than I would not have talked to him about coming.
    Nice post and we understand. I think you know that we are AVID, loyal, and passionate Louisiana Tech fans and will always stick by our school. We may have negative comments from time to time, but that only is our passion. We don't take well to people that say anything disparaging our school or athletic programs, though. We want to be the best and truly believe that if HS coaches like yourself could see our vision, you would assist us in getting the very best from your programs to ours.

Welcome to the board again. Hope you stick around. We may make you a HUGE Tech fan in the process. :icon_wink:

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Yes we did! Thanks and please keep sending us players.

+ Reply to Thread