+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2010-2011 Roster

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Re: 2010-2011 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by DawgUSN View Post
    Do we have 3 scholarships left? We have signed 5 Holton, Roshell, Stojan, Deuce, Souza.
    Holton and Stojan aren't signed yet. I guess Stojan could be signed...just not released yet. I believe we have 3 more after them though.

That means if you put that info together with JFord's potential depth chart then you see the positions we are recruiting.

Puppy BOOGIEMAN is an unknown

Darius will stay! These are my thoughts on starting line up for next year.
    1. DeAndre Brown
    Darius Redding
    3. Brandon Gibson
    4. Olu
    5. Romario Souza

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BOOGIEMAN View Post
    Darius will stay! These are my thoughts on starting line up for next year.
    1. DeAndre Brown
    2. Darius Redding
    3. Brandon Gibson
    4. Olu
    5. Romario Souza
    Hopefully Darrius does stay. Personally I think he does.

But from the sounds of everything it seems like Olu will start at the 3 and Souza will play (and probably start at the 4). That may very well change though when everyone gets on campus.

Welcome to the board.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Darius will stay!
    I hope so..... but after a summer spent with his AAU coach that needs some BGP's..... I don't know.

(Edited: to remove the anger, and instead post rationally. :icon_wink: )

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    I hope so..... but after a summer spent with his AAU coach that needs some BGP's..... I don't know.
    Not AAU, high school, I think at least. It doesn't really matter we see your point.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    Not AAU, high school, I think at least. It doesn't really matter we see your point.
    Either way, I hope that Darius realizes that his former coach has Nakita's tampon stuck up his... .

.... Umm, Let's just hope that Darius is smarter than his "handler" :icon_wink:

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    Here are my thoughts on the depth chart for next year:
    More revisions because of my brain farts...

1 - DeAndre Brown - possible addition/Holton Hunsaker
    2 - Brandon Gibson - possible addition/Stojan Gjuroski - Darius Redding
    3 - Olu Ashaolu - Darius Redding - Anson Bartlett - Stojan Gjuroski
    4 - Romario Souza - Olu Ashaolu/Duece Johnson
    5 - Antwond Roshell - possible addition
    I'm confused as to why you have Gjuroski as a 2 and Bartlett as a 3. Gjuroski is listed as 6-7, and he looks to be a natural small forward. Anson is maybe 6-2 and is a shooting guard in a point guard's body. There's no way he's a 3. I'd also put Gibson, with his size at 6-5, as a small forward rather than a two-guard, although I know that in our offense (and most colleges) the 2 and 3 are interchangeable as wings. I'd also be very surprised if Olu is a our starting 3 and not our starting 4, unless we've got a whole lot more than Souza and Roshell coming in.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I'm confused as to why you have Gjuroski as a 2 and Bartlett as a 3. Gjuroski is listed as 6-7, and he looks to be a natural small forward. Anson is maybe 6-2 and is a shooting guard in a point guard's body. There's no way he's a 3. I'd also put Gibson, with his size at 6-5, as a small forward rather than a two-guard, although I know that in our offense (and most colleges) the 2 and 3 are interchangeable as wings. I'd also be very surprised if Olu is a our starting 3 and not our starting 4, unless we've got a whole lot more than Souza and Roshell coming in.
    One of our mutual friends tells me that Brandon isn't 6'5. Closer to 6'3.

My assumption on Olu is he starts at the 3 and moves to the 4 if we need him. Souza and Roshell both seem like they can start at the 4 and 5 and we can rotate Olu and Deuce in as backups at those positions. I agree we need one more big if we really want to do this and an injury to one of them may force Olu to the 4 all year regardless of who else we sign.

Puppy BOOGIEMAN is an unknown

Olu has been a power player inside at the 4 position for the past two years. Why spoil it now by moving him out of his bread and butter position. He earned every double double last year by playing the 4 position. I don't see why anyone would want him to play the 3 position.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I have Gjuroski listed at the 3 as well. Anson is not a shooting guard, he is a small forward trapped in a point guard's body. Gibson has been working on his shot and I expect him to be a 2. I think Deuce could be the first man off the bench to relieve either Souza or Roshell, he's a beast physically.

In all honesty it's way too early to tell, but it sure is fun to talk about.

Olu has been a power player inside at the 4 position for the past two years. Why spoil it now by moving him out of his bread and butter position. He earned every double double last year by playing the 4 position. I don't see why anyone would want him to play the 3 position.
    I wouldn't either. This might more of what we heard from the beginning that he WANTED to be a 2/3 guard, but has a 4 body.

I would think that you would want to have 2 of the 3 (Olu, Souza, Roshell) on the court at all times and allow Deuce to grab some minutes early in the season to see how he handles it. If it's really late (>2 mins) in the game/half, I could see all three of those guys being on the court to finish out a game at the 3-4-5, but not for a whole game.
    Last edited by DocMarvin362; 04-28-2010 at 03:01 PM.

Just because... Here's what I would want to see (at least to start the season) as far as positions and minutes based on the people that we know are coming back:
    DeAndre (30) - Holton (6) - Hall (4)
    Gipson (25) - Bartlett (8) - Marmolejo (3/4) - Rake (3/4)
    Redding (20) - Gjuroski (12) - Olu (6) - Stegall (2)
    Olu (24) - Souza (10) - Deuce (6)
    Roshell (25) - Souza (15)
    Like I said... that's just using the current roster and adding the ones that we know about.

Recruiting needs would be a PG, a PURE shooter (we don't have one), and a PF that would be willing to RS and learn behind Olu/Deuce next year and of course a big body Center. Not sure how many scholly's we'd have to do this with though

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Just because... Here's what I would want to see (at least to start the season) as far as positions and minutes based on the people that we know are coming back:
    Like I said... that's just using the current roster and adding the ones that we know about.

Recruiting needs would be a PG, a PURE shooter (we don't have one), and a PF that would be willing to RS and learn behind Olu/Deuce next year and of course a big body Center. Not sure how many scholly's we'd have to do this with though
    You can give DeAndre the 4 min you gave to Hall...

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    You can give DeAndre the 4 min you gave to Hall...
    Why would we want to do that?? He got 3.6 this year in 8 games and didn't miss a shot that he took!! (ok, ok... 1 Free Throw ) plus that's 5 HARD FOULS that he has a game. :icon_wink:

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Man, that's a 16-man rotation! I honestly think that Rupp will ultimately settle on an 8- or 9-man rotation featuring Brown, Gibson, Redding, Bartlett, Gjuroski, Olu, Souza, Roshell and Deuce. I'm not sure how the minutes will be split up, and that's not featuring another potential recruit or two that might show up. I think that Hunsaker might redshirt, unless he's ready to go in the fall. If he is, then you could add him to that rotation for about 5-8 minutes per game.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

+ Reply to Thread