+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoe Power Generator Earns Louisiana Tech Professor National Attention

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Re: Shoe Power Generator Earns Louisiana Tech Professor National Attention

I worked on this project in my Business Inovations class. A small prototype has been built already, it lights up and LED pad that reads "LA Tech." Very interesting to see it in action. Perhaps one of the biggest uses of it would be in military boots. Most soldiers carry somewhere near 30 lbs of batteries into combat to power telecommunications devices, as well as GPS...etc. If a soldier were to wear one of these devices in his or her boot, they may be able to reduce the wight of their pack. However, it all depends on getting a higher ceiling of power.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    I worked on this project in my Business Inovations class. A small prototype has been built already, it lights up and LED pad that reads "LA Tech." Very interesting to see it in action. Perhaps one of the biggest uses of it would be in military boots. Most soldiers carry somewhere near 30 lbs of batteries into combat to power telecommunications devices, as well as GPS...etc. If a soldier were to wear one of these devices in his or her boot, they may be able to reduce the wight of their pack. However, it all depends on getting a higher ceiling of power.
    What is a reasonable voltage these things are able to achieve?

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg View Post
    What is a reasonable voltage these things are able to achieve?
    I was a business major working with the engineering dept. You would have to ask one of the engineers on this board.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

I was a business major working with the engineering dept. You would have to ask one of the engineers on this board.
    How'd you do on your project? With that spelling, and not knowing about the product, I'd be a bit worried.

J/K, I loved that class and the business plan competition. I served on the ABESE board the year after my group came in second.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    right. and your watch will be powered by the hands spinning around, and a pump will be powered by the fluid moving through it, and light bulbs will be powered by the heat they emit...

http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.co...et-frustrated/

You think Dr. Lorhenz left this?

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    the ghost of dr. lorhenz haunts those who dare sin against the church of thermodynamics...

+ Reply to Thread