+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good Baseball

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Good Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Of course there are legitimate criticisms of the coaches. It is just 99% of the criticims I have been reading are not legitimate. Many of them border on are plain silly.
    I know there are legit criticisms. I just wondered whether a certain few posters on here could articulate any of them. They are so busy defending against ANY criticism that's levied that they've lost all objectivity.

We ALL love Louisiana Tech baseball and want the best for the team. But, most of us are grown men and women who can see faults or problems while supporting the team at the same time.

Returning to the discussion pertinent to this thread, if our coaches can' t manage to look into a pitcher 45 minutes from Ruston, who garnered attention from other area schools, maybe somebody's not paying close attention to the area. And given that he is a pitcher, it does not matter whether he played against low to mediocre level MPSA schools or against two-year-olds. You can see a pitcher throw, watch his mechanics, measure velocity, etc.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    I know there are legit criticisms. I just wondered whether a certain few posters on here could articulate any of them. They are so busy defending against ANY criticism that's levied that they've lost all objectivity.

We ALL love Louisiana Tech baseball and want the best for the team. But, most of us are grown men and women who can see faults or problems while supporting the team at the same time.

Returning to the discussion pertinent to this thread, if our coaches can' t manage to look into a pitcher 45 minutes from Ruston, who garnered attention from other area schools, maybe somebody's not paying close attention to the area. And given that he is a pitcher, it does not matter whether he played against low to mediocre level MPSA schools or against two-year-olds. You can see a pitcher throw, watch his mechanics, measure velocity, etc.
    Such as who?

But my question was not answered earlier, "You 100% sure they had not seen him? Remember, Sim and Tree have other people that may have gone. Spud Adams, or Coach Anderman for instance. Perhaps Sim talked to a coach from another College and the other coach said it wasn't worth it. They have limited time to spare during the season."

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    I will agree with you there. There are alot of kids missed. The camp deal has become the norm almost everywhere. It is a definite recruiting tool. It has to be because of the gross underfunding in the baseball budget.
    Like you said, it's the norm everywhere. Even places with well-funded programs.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    Such as who?

But my question was not answered earlier, "You 100% sure they had not seen him? Remember, Sim and Tree have other people that may have gone. Spud Adams, or Coach Anderman for instance. Perhaps Sim talked to a coach from another College and the other coach said it wasn't worth it. They have limited time to spare during the season."
    I have no interest in getting in a pissing match with anyone. Generally, there are a few posters who leap to the defense of the coaches/program every time someone makes even a slightly negative comment. I believe our program, like any, can benefit and grow by looking at its strengths and weaknesses. Some people prefer blinders. Just a different philosophy, I suppose.

I have no idea whether we saw him. I don't know the kid. Just commenting that, IF we did not, maybe we should reconsider our practices.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    I have no interest in getting in a pissing match with anyone. Generally, there are a few posters who leap to the defense of the coaches/program every time someone makes even a slightly negative comment. I believe our program, like any, can benefit and grow by looking at its strengths and weaknesses. Some people prefer blinders. Just a different philosophy, I suppose.

I have no idea whether we saw him. I don't know the kid. Just commenting that, IF we did not, maybe we should reconsider our practices.
    That is to counteract all the posters that only come to the baseball board to post something negative about the coaches.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

I will admit that I probably fall into teh crew that allows for quite a bit of wiggle room for the caoches. I lik to think that it is because I, myself, am a HS coach and I know how frustrating it is to work your butt of for the players not to produce. There is no doubt in my mind that Sim and crew work hard and at the end of the day, they cannot be on the field making the plays, the kids have to do that. So I give the coaches some room. However, if I felt the coaches were slacking, make no mistake, I'd voice that opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    That is to counteract all the posters that only come to the baseball board to post something negative about the coaches.
    Balance is nice. I prefer the truth. Great quote: "the truth...which bats last" (Anne Lamott).

Maybe there is room on this board for both.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Riverfield lost the first game in the three game series on Thurday in Rayville. They went on to road to Vicksburg last night to take games two and three for the South State Championship.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Riverfield beat Bayou Academy (Cleveland, MS) tonight 3-2 to snap a 14 game win streak. They go to Cleveland to play Thursday.

Big Dog Easydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the rough Easydawg's Avatar

There was a kid from Choudrant High School in the late 80's, class B, who brought on a lot of attention. Can not remember his name, but he got drafted and I think he blew out his arm in the minors. Just because a school is small and does not play top competition, does not mean there is not athletes on the team that can compete with other kids from bigger schools.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Easydawg View Post
    There was a kid from Choudrant High School in the late 80's, class B, who brought on a lot of attention. Can not remember his name, but he got drafted and I think he blew out his arm in the minors. Just because a school is small and does not play top competition, does not mean there is not athletes on the team that can compete with other kids from bigger schools.

You are thinking of Rusty Rugg from Downsville, not Choudrant.

Big Dog Easydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the rough Easydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    You are thinking of Rusty Rugg from Downsville, not Choudrant.
    That's right

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Easydawg View Post
    That's right
    I went 2 for 3 (Yes, we were in Bernice)

+ Reply to Thread