+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Baseball

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Good Baseball

...well the score was 9-1, but I was still impressed. Riverfield had only lost one game going in. Trinity pitcher did a great job placing the ball. I really like the playoff format of using a best two of three series.

http://www.natchezdemocrat.com/news/...st-riverfield/

Mitch Ashmore? West Ouachita?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Good Baseball

Great job by Riverfield to come back to win both games of the DH on the road!

http://www.natchezdemocrat.com/news/...nity-doublehe/

Notice what the pitcher did. 7 inning and 4 innings for both wins. He is going to BPCC. Evidently if a kid doesn't go to our camp, we don't look at him.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Great job by Riverfield to come back to win both games of the DH on the road!

http://www.natchezdemocrat.com/news/...nity-doublehe/

Notice what the pitcher did. 7 inning and 4 innings for both wins. He is going to BPCC. Evidently if a kid doesn't go to our camp, we don't look at him.
    What?? That makes no sense. He's going to BPCC. Great. But that doesn't mean he could pitch at Tech. I don't think Trinity and Riverfield are known for putting out college baseball players.

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    What?? That makes no sense. He's going to BPCC. Great. But that doesn't mean he could pitch at Tech. I don't think Trinity and Riverfield are known for putting out college baseball players.
    Look, I never said he was college material. I said we had not looked at him.

So unless there is an established "pipleline" from certain programs to college the kids don't even deserve a look? That's silly.

I don't recall Mangham being known for putting out college baseball players either, but we signed one of their kids a couple of years back. We also have another AA kid from Sterlington on our roster right now who is doing great. I guess Sterlington and OCS are known "pipelines" since they send kids to nlulm right?

Don't even go there with the MPSA couldn't compete against public school thing. Either one of the schools I saw Thursday night could compete against public schools. Baseball is baseball and as you know, pitching is the key.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Just because they are not "known" for it doesn't mean they can't have a good player. Do you EVER think any criticism of our coaches or program is warranted?

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Just because they are not "known" for it doesn't mean they can't have a good player. Do you EVER think any criticism of our coaches or program is warranted?
    Our pitching coach is the best.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Don't even go there with the MPSA couldn't compete against public school thing. Either one of the schools I saw Thursday night could compete against public schools. Baseball is baseball and as you know, pitching is the key.
    I was guilty of that sin last night. I was talking to an umpire. He told me Riverfield was the real deal. I expressed my doubts. He was emphatic and specifically said they were better than Sterlington.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Never said they couldn't have a good player. I'm sure he's a good pitcher. But some people are have no clue what it takes to be a pitcher at the D1 level. Tell me this. How many other schools (besides BPCC) took a look at this kid? Again, this kid may be good, maybe we missed out on him. But, just because you saw him pitch 10 or 11 good innings against a Class A private school in the MPSA doesn't mean we need to be recruiting him. Just saying.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

But that doesn't mean he could pitch at Tech.
    You are assuming facts not in evidence. You are assuming somebody can pitch at Tech. (Don't take that seriously. I'm just clowning)

Never said they couldn't have a good player. I'm sure he's a good pitcher. But some people are have no clue what it takes to be a pitcher at the D1 level. Tell me this. How many other schools (besides BPCC) took a look at this kid? Again, this kid may be good, maybe we missed out on him. But, just because you saw him pitch 10 or 11 good innings against a Class A private school in the MPSA doesn't mean we need to be recruiting him. Just saying.
    I never said we needed to be recruiting him. I said we had not looked at him.

The problem I see, and is the case with this kid, is that he can't afford the camp cost. I'm sure there are several others who can't afford it. Many of those kids will never be seen.

Many of those kids will never be seen.
    True, but that is the nature of the beast. There are a zillion players out there.

I never said we needed to be recruiting him. I said we had not looked at him.

The problem I see, and is the case with this kid, is that he can't afford the camp cost. I'm sure there are several others who can't afford it. Many of those kids will never be seen.
    I will agree with you there. There are alot of kids missed. The camp deal has become the norm almost everywhere. It is a definite recruiting tool. It has to be because of the gross underfunding in the baseball budget.

Sim's son finished his high school career last night. I understand he is going to play with ULL. His teamate, Colby Johnson, has signed with Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Sim's son finished his high school career last night. I understand he is going to play with ULL. His teamate, Colby Johnson, has signed with Tech.
    Correct.

Correct.
    That is four payers out of Ruston High who have signed with D1 schools since Coach White has been there.

+ Reply to Thread