View Poll Results: How many do we need to win in 2010-2011 for Rupp to win you over?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll

14 17.72%

12 15.19%
  • Make the post season

24 30.38%
  • He'll never win me over...don't like the hire or the recruiting

0 0%
  • I'm already on board.

29 36.71%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many does Rupp have to win?

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: How many does Rupp have to win?

Quote Originally Posted by KDawg33 View Post
    Not just recruits, although we have one from Brazil can get more broaden than that. But we were ncaa bracket talk its been a while since people have talked about that. I know a lot of people that are talking about Tech basketball more now than years ago.
    And we almost completely ignored our bench (except Jackson) and ran the starters to death throughout the year. Then you have Kyle (The Richard hangover) get hurt after the BB game and the whole team seemed to fade. It REALLY got bad when Mags got hurt.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    33 is the next # in the sequence as he has improved 9 wins each season. Would even an unexpected 33 win season be good enough to get everyone's approval?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    33 is the next # in the sequence as he has improved 9 wins each season. Would even an unexpected 33 win season be good enough to get everyone's approval?
    I'm going to guess that touchdown123 and sharky still wouldn't like him (for different reasons).
    Last edited by inudesu; 04-29-2010 at 09:11 AM.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I like Rupp! I think he is building something special. He can outcoach just about anyone in the WAC- in my opinion. I think as soon as we start making the postseason, we will get more freshmen in, as well, which will bode well for the future. The team has improved 3 years in a row and is heading in the right direction. If we hadn't had the injuries at the end of the season, I think we would have really challenged for the WAC tournament championship.

Is he perfect? No Am I satisfied yet? No Am I pleased with the direction the program is going? H YES!

BUT, I did vote "make the postseason". I think that is always the goal.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it has as much to do with how many you win. It comes down to winning the games you should win and stealing some that you shouldn't. There were some teams that got in the tourney that didn't win 24. Win that game out at AZ and we are in. Win that game at USU or win 1 against NMSU and we are in. Obviously, the number has to be higher than 24. I am on board, but it won't matter who is on board if he can't convince the committee that we belong in the tourney. If we continue to come up one win short or lose a game we should walk away with, Rupp will be headed elsewhere anyway.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Or the sequence is fixing to start over at 6 -

The odds are probably greater that we will have only 6 wins as compared to 33 wins....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Richard got us to a semifinals with Millsap. Was that his only one? If Rupp can get us to the semifinals this year that will say a lot. But he is still going to need to win the tournament before he wins more people over.
    Keith Richard also coached us to ONE WAC semi-final - a loss to Utah State.
    That is an indictment on Richard, not a selling point for Rupp.

It takes one game to get to the semifinals (right?). Rupp is 2-2 in the WAC tournament in his last 2 seasons, hardly something to brag about.

Call me a pessimist, but even mentioning Rupp's record in the WAC tournament as a selling point speaks volumes for his complete lack of post season success.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I'm going to guess that touchdown123 and sharky still wouldn't like him (for different reasons, maybe).
    Actually I would like him if he won 33 games in season 4 assuming we went to a tourney. I would love him. I'd started to like him right up until we completely missed post season play.

And don't compare to the guy that rails on foreigners.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I'm going to guess that touchdown123 and sharky still wouldn't like him (for different reasons).
    Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    And don't compare to the guy that rails on foreigners.
    I'll remove the "maybe."

Champ KDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really nice

I never said it was an an acomplishment. Its just something we have rarely done in the WAC tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    That is an indictment on Richard, not a selling point for Rupp.

It takes one game to get to the semifinals (right?). Rupp is 2-2 in the WAC tournament in his last 2 seasons, hardly something to brag about.

Call me a pessimist, but even mentioning Rupp's record in the WAC tournament as a selling point speaks volumes for his complete lack of post season success.

+ Reply to Thread