+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Future of the MWC

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Future of the MWC

It's becoming clear to me that Boise wants to jump whether Utah and BYU are still there or not. If the top 2 teams get picked off (Utah to Pac10 and BYU to Big XII), it could end up looking something like this...

Wyoming
    AFA
    CSU
    SDSU
    UNLV
    UNM
    TCU
    Boise
    Houston

If they stay at 9, I'm thinking those are the 9. If they went to 12, do you think Tech has a shot at being one of them? Benson is such a passive commish that I seriously doubt the WAC will be around after all this.

What about those 9 plus:

Fresno
    Nevada
    Tech

It's be a pretty salty conference.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ buck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to behold

Re: Future of the MWC

BYU is not leaving the MWC... The PAC 10 will not invite them... If the pac 10 expands i beleive it will invite colorado and Utah... IMO

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I agree that the Pac10 won't invite BYU, but I think the Big XII might if they were to lose Colorado or Mizzou.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I agree that the Pac10 won't invite BYU, but I think the Big XII might if they were to lose Colorado or Mizzou.
    If Colorado goes, the invite will go to TCU to fill the slot.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    If Colorado goes, the invite will go to TCU to fill the slot.
    That splits up the Bedlam rivalry. Big XII will need a more northern school. It is possible TCU would be the pick but then the Big XII needs to work out a system to play that rivalry every year. Same for the Red River shootout if OU somehow gets bumped to the North.

Varsity Bulldog TechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really niceTechDynamic is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    That splits up the Bedlam rivalry. Big XII will need a more northern school. It is possible TCU would be the pick but then the Big XII needs to work out a system to play that rivalry every year. Same for the Red River shootout if OU somehow gets bumped to the North.
    Thought the Bedlam Rivarly was between Oklahoma and Oklahoma St.?

Champ buck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to behold

I could see them adding BYU but it would be hard for them to pass up TCU.. Although if you think about it TCU doesent really add any value to the Big 12. The state of Texas will always be big 12 country... So they wont be gaining any additional television viewage by adding TCU...

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

MWC will never invite Boise unless it absolutely has to. Nevada, UTEP, and Houston are higher on the pecking order. Success on the football field isn't even 15% of the equation here. I've said it 100,000 times, but, from an academic standpoint, this is akin to CUSA inviting ULM. You think SMU and Tulane would ever go for that? Of course not. Likewise, no team in the MWC (which, save SDSU, have good academic reputations) wants Boise terrible-ass academics State. Period.

Big XII will never, ever invite TCU, again unless it absolutely has to. The big 3 Texas schools want nothing to do with that.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDynamic View Post
    Thought the Bedlam Rivarly was between Oklahoma and Oklahoma St.?
    Yea. Adding TCU would force either OK or OK State to the North. Not a huge problem to deal with but when you can get around it with BYU and keep the Texas schools happy then you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    MWC will never invite Boise unless it absolutely has to. Nevada, UTEP, and Houston are higher on the pecking order. Success on the football field isn't even 15% of the equation here. I've said it 100,000 times, but, from an academic standpoint, this is akin to CUSA inviting ULM. You think SMU and Tulane would ever go for that? Of course not. Likewise, no team in the MWC (which, save SDSU, have good academic reputations) wants Boise terrible-ass academics State. Period.

Big XII will never, ever invite TCU, again unless it absolutely has to. The big 3 Texas schools want nothing to do with that.
    I think it is more A&M and Texas Tech want nothing to do with it. Texas is so entrenched as the top school in Texas, the only thing that would scare the would be A&M going to the SEC as DFM was mentioning in another thread.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Why would any BCS team leave its conference to go to another BCS conference? That's right, they won't because there is no incentive to do it.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    Why would any BCS team leave its conference to go to another BCS conference? That's right, they won't because there is no incentive to do it.
    They would if they feel more competitive in another conference or they can make more money in a new conference...

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buck_dawg_gold View Post
    They would if they feel more competitive in another conference or they can make more money in a new conference...
    ...like I said no one is moving!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buck_dawg_gold View Post
    BYU is not leaving the MWC... The PAC 10 will not invite them... If the pac 10 expands i beleive it will invite colorado and Utah... IMO
    BYU would be 1st in line to fill an opening in the Big XII.

BYU is more of a BCS school than Baylor, Iowa State, and TCU could ever dream of being.

BYU averages 64,236 for football games... 27th best in the nation and higher than the Big XII's average attendance...

BYU averages 13,383 for basketball games... 24th best in the nation and higher than every conference's average attendance...

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

It's becoming clear to me that Boise wants to jump whether Utah and BYU are still there or not. If the top 2 teams get picked off (Utah to Pac10 and BYU to Big XII), it could end up looking something like this...

Wyoming
    AFA
    CSU
    SDSU
    UNLV
    UNM
    TCU
    Boise
    Houston

If they stay at 9, I'm thinking those are the 9. If they went to 12, do you think Tech has a shot at being one of them? Benson is such a passive commish that I seriously doubt the WAC will be around after all this.

What about those 9 plus:

Fresno
    Nevada
    Tech

It's be a pretty salty conference.

Even though it makes more sense geographically than the WAC, Tech in the MWC doesn't make too much sense on the map.

+ Reply to Thread